What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

RufusRex

Post Whore
Tough decision, loyalty to a terrific player who's given 100% for 11 seasons or promote a younger player with potential who might succeed immediately or take time to develop.

you might lose out on experience for sure .. but the extra pace, size, strength of the newby will more than counter .. plus it means the opposition defence will actually have to spread a bit more and that will give lafai and sims/host a lot more space ...

Frank Facer

First Grade
LOL .. when was the last dragon like Nighty to be tapped on the shoulder mid season ...
The time to do it is now, Mary wont have the stones to drop him during the season.
Nightingale should have been tapped on the shoulder last year and told that he won't be in first grade this year.

He is 28 games short of Ben Hornby's first grade games record for the Joint Venture.

Old Timer

Coach
Very Harsh
Anyone advocating Nighty still takes their Teddy’s to bed with them
Time to leave the bear out of the bed and put a Teddy on the Mrs
You will feel a lot better when you do it.

Last edited:

epDragon62

First Grade
you might lose out on experience for sure .. but the extra pace, size, strength of the newby will more than counter .. plus it means the opposition defence will actually have to spread a bit more and that will give lafai and sims/host a lot more space ...
Dell made way for Nighty. Love Nighty but he is now in the same position and I am disappointed he hasn’t shown the same insight and pulled up stumps on his own.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Dell made way for Nighty. Love Nighty but he is now in the same position and I am disappointed he hasn’t shown the same insight and pulled up stumps on his own.

Yeah I was disappointed with his last interview where he was basically saying he could play on this year anywhere in the backline. True, but at what level & at what cost to the team's performance & the retention of our juniors?
Just seemed a tad selfish & he'll lose skin in the long run. True champions know when to quit on top.
A short sighted management decision yet again IMHO.

ouryear

Juniors
I was in 2010 now I would prefer the dragons had good wingers
Agree with you, I can't believe nighty continues do think he can match it with blokes he will be up against, it will cost us tries in attack for sure.

Weak leadership once again by the clubs management and coaches

Crush

Coach
Anyone advocating Nighty still takes their Teddy’s to bed with them
Time to leave the bear out of the bed and put a Teddy on the Mrs
You will a lot better when you do it.
We all know how you feel about any players over the age of 24.
You've already shown us your team of inexperienced kids that would get lapped and be bottom 4.
Anyway Ill leave the nightingale comments for the nightingale thread that will no doubt get plenty of action this season.

Old Timer

Coach
We all know how you feel about any players over the age of 24.
You've already shown us your team of inexperienced kids that would get lapped and be bottom 4.
Anyway Ill leave the nightingale comments for the nightingale thread that will no doubt get plenty of action this season.
What are you talking about?
Toatal misrepresentation of my position on your part and suggest you do your homework before making such statements
I have made no comment about having an age barrier over 24 and by the way are you suggesting Nighty is only 25?
He has been a great servant of the club as have many been before him but IMO his time had passed and others have greater upside.

Crush

Coach
What are you talking about?
Toatal misrepresentation of my position on your part and suggest you do your homework before making such statements
I have made no comment about having an age barrier over 24 and by the way are you suggesting Nighty is only 25?
He has been a great servant of the club as have many been before him but IMO his time had passed and others have greater upside.
I was refering to the thread you started titled "Jewls in the crown" where you had your potential starting 13 for 2020 where ALL players were under the age of 25.
Thats all.

Old Timer

Coach
I was refering to the thread you started titled "Jewls in the crown" where you had your potential starting 13 for 2020 where ALL players were under the age of 25.
Thats all.
Read the f**king post properly before you go off.
That post was about "squad" and linked to having a coach that could get the best out of them.
The list of youth was to clearly demonstrate the quality we have in various positions.
It also clearly showed that players like De Belin, Frizzell, Vaughan etc would hopefully be still be at the club and contributing strongly so your theory I don't like players > 24 is just ridiculous.
Also in the hands of the right coach if we had of made that decision prior to extending Mc Fookknuckle I actually believe that many of those young players could very well be playing NRL in 2020 (2 full seasons away)
We have become blinded by our own incapacity to correctly develop youth into the NRL and in the meantime we sit by applauding Millward for signing them up.
LOL we sign them but never bother to use them correctly and some people believe what we are doing is the correct way, well that being the case keep the coach and shut the f**k up about sacking him.

Crush

Coach
Read the f**king post properly before you go off.
That post was about "squad" and linked to having a coach that could get the best out of them.
The list of youth was to clearly demonstrate the quality we have in various positions.
It also clearly showed that players like De Belin, Frizzell, Vaughan etc would hopefully be still be at the club and contributing strongly so your theory I don't like players > 24 is just ridiculous.
Also in the hands of the right coach if we had of made that decision prior to extending Mc Fookknuckle I actually believe that many of those young players could very well be playing NRL in 2020 (2 full seasons away)
We have become blinded by our own incapacity to correctly develop youth into the NRL and in the meantime we sit by applauding Millward for signing them up.
LOL we sign them but never bother to use them correctly and some people believe what we are doing is the correct way, well that being the case keep the coach and shut the f**k up about sacking him.
So aggressive OT.

Bench
Nightingale is a favourite but I wished he had stepped down at the end of last season.
Lomax should spend some time in the lower grade with a view to replacing Nightingale around the middle of the season.

possm

Coach
Tough decision, loyalty to a terrific player who's given 100% for 11 seasons or promote a younger player with potential who might succeed immediately or take time to develop.

It works both ways however, form must be the number 1 criteria. Hornby, Young and Creagh all stayed a year too long weekening our team in the process. In 2018 it's Nightingale staying on that extra year and with Mary as coach, effective blocking the pathway of a speedy outside back.

BennyV

Referee
It works both ways however, form must be the number 1 criteria. Hornby, Young and Creagh all stayed a year too long weekening our team in the process. In 2018 it's Nightingale staying on that extra year and with Mary as coach, effective blocking the pathway of a speedy outside back.
Disagree on Creagh. His final year was plagued by injury, but when he was on the field he was just about the only forward able to get over the advantage line and get us on a roll.

Latest posts