What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RTS Off to Rugby (according to NZ National Radio)

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
On Bellamy, I see he and his team have addressed Kasiano's passion for pies... I doubt the Storm needs to run out weekly, "best pre-season ever", "hardest we've ever trained" shit - because they are professionals top to bottom
I always said that Kasiano should've been in the kiwis on our right side to create power plays for Shaun to take advantage of. Theres still room for big men like your Murdoch-Masilas, Fifitas and Kasiano in the test arena and Fifita and Murdoch-Masila proved that with each game in the RLWC.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Maybe approach all the young performers in the sevens side with contracts? That would be funny and drive a point home.
Imagine we got Kaleb Clarke!! NZRFU would be pissed! The Warriors would be mean though with him at wing or centre. I'd expect him to go into the team straight away and be a star straight away.

His old man would've been good at league had he chose to go that way, wouldve been just like Inga for Wigan.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Apparently the Storm trial will be a depowered Storm side because the top squad will be over in England playing the WCC despite it being held at AAMI park in Melbourne.

*sigh* Herald journalists.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
He doesn't really have to think about losing players to the ABs, I hardly think it's an attraction to rugby to pick up players out of a poor environment. However, RTS has been in great environments before, and is a reasonably 'special' or whatever word athlete. SBW would be talking him up if given the opportunity too I'd reckon.

Off topic a bit but I find it indicative of the struggles of the Warriors that Iro is still there. All the great coaches say teams need fresh voices to stay on task, yet this guy has been there how long, 10-12 years? Been passed over for head coaching roles, clearly isn't seen to be up to it in that respect yet in the jobs for boys mentality he remains. Can't wait for someone strong to come in and blast a broom through the joint.

WellsNZ

Juniors
I agree that it shouldn't be a huge concern, if a guy is good enough and wants to do it they'll do it. But seems a bit dopey to frame it like that in public. Most of you aren't special enough so we aren't worried.

Wonder how special they thought Laumape was.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Little bit different I guess, seeing Laumape was a schoolboy rugby star.

But what about Sam Lousi? Don't think he had any previous union background and ended up as a lock for the Canes, no mean feat. He's still going well, right? And he was a non-entity as a senior NRL player.

I don't think you have to be that special, you've just got to work hard and want it.

Iro is an imbecile.

Meth

Staff member
But what about Sam Lousi? Don't think he had any previous union background and ended up as a lock for the Canes, no mean feat. He's still going well, right? And he was a non-entity as a senior NRL player.

His height works better for him in Union than it did in League. But he's not exactly setting the world on fire and he's at his peak..

Hurricanes don't have great locks tbh

JJ

Immortal
Bewildered by that, but great for the club - really don't see how it helps him develop, but the money and living in Auckland likely suit him - huge talent, and hopefully if results turn at some stage we can provide a better supporting cast

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Great news for us, ending all the speculation.

My current top 5 fullbacks

1. Slater
2. Trbojevic
3. Tedesco
4. RTS
5. Boyd

Latest posts