What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Squad for Middle 2018

TRANSLATION

Juniors
JAI FIELD
Kurt Mann
ZAC LOMAX
Lafai
Nene

Widdop
Hunt

VAUGHAN
Mcguiuness
GRAHAM

FRIZZ
Luciano

JDB
----------
SIMS
AH Mau
Jackson Ford
Hame Sele / Host / Kerr / Lawrie.

If the new guys crack a Spot and Hold, Then we may be in for a Big Year, IMHO.

Lomax, Field and Luciano are the Future of the Dragons outside of the Superstars, Its up to Dufty to prove he can hold down No 1.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
JAI FIELD
Kurt Mann
ZAC LOMAX
Lafai
Nene

Widdop
Hunt

VAUGHAN
Mcguiuness
GRAHAM

FRIZZ
Luciano

JDB
----------
SIMS
AH Mau
Jackson Ford
Hame Sele / Host / Kerr / Lawrie.

If the new guys crack a Spot and Hold, Then we may be in for a Big Year, IMHO.

Lomax, Field and Luciano are the Future of the Dragons outside of the Superstars, Its up to Dufty to prove he can hold down No 1.
Another DRAG QUEEN CLONE DUFTY has not put afoot wrong and he's already gone I suggest you go back to the drawing board and start again this team is all over the place ...........

RufusRex

Post Whore
close ...
but I expect something a lot more believable

Dufty
Mann
Lafai
Lomax
Nene
Widdop
Hunt
Graham
McInnes
Vaughan
Host
Frizell
DeBelin

AhMau
Sims
Leilua
Sele

Needs just the one debutant to come in (Lomax) and the benefit of the additions in Hunt/Graham. This will strengthen the right - Lomax to add a bit of creativity to the right centre role and also some speed/size there. Mann to continue his impact at left wing where he performs at almost a try a game. Leilua to provide impact from the bench, AhMau/Sims rotate through the front row and Sele to get some minutes as well.

Only requires Mary to flick Nighty and Aitken so obviously it wont happen.

giboz71

First Grade
close ...

Dufty
Mann
Lafai
Lomax
Nene
Widdop
Hunt
Graham
McInnes
Vaughan
Host
Frizell
DeBelin

AhMau
Sims
Leilua
Sele

Needs just the one debutant to come in (Lomax) and the benefit of the additions in Hunt/Graham. This will strengthen the right - Lomax to add a bit of creativity to the right centre role and also some speed/size there. Mann to continue his impact at left wing where he performs at almost a try a game. Leilua to provide impact from the bench, AhMau/Sims rotate through the front row and Sele to get some minutes as well.

That’s pretty close to my team as well.

But I wouldn’t mind someone like Aitken on the bench to give us some extra versatility. If you put a few kilos on him, he could almost give you the same impact as Sele and still be able to play out in the backs if required.

LINESPEED

Juniors
close ...

Dufty
Mann
Lafai
Lomax
Nene
Widdop
Hunt
Graham
McInnes
Vaughan
Host
Frizell
DeBelin

AhMau
Sims
Leilua
Sele

I like your team except for just one position.

I'd include Field for Nene as I'm biased towards juniors, club culture & raw speed!
Maybe bench Nene, who doesn't seem to know whether he's in Port Moresby or Port Kembla most of the time.
Aitken's probably deadwood, but a deadset Mary favourite, so we'll probably have to suffer his getting stepped for 3 tries by the Parra centres again
. Lafai ( Hasler's hospital pass to McSuckered) should be on notice ( & I noticed in his interview he was very conscious of the young centres nipping at his heels ( Garrick & Herbert).
So yeah, with a new coach, we've got premiership prospects in 2019 IMO

Frank Facer

First Grade
We don't have to wait until half way through the year to field our best 17. I would start with in game one

1 Dufty
2 McDonald
3 Lomax
4 Lafai
5 Mann
6 Widdop
7 Hunt
8 Graham
9 Mcinnis
10 Vaughn
11 Leilua
12 Frizzel
13 DeBelin

14 Simms
15 Ah Mau
16 Host
17 Aitken/Sele

possm

Coach
close ...

Dufty
Mann
Lafai
Lomax
Nene
Widdop
Hunt
Graham
McInnes
Vaughan
Host
Frizell
DeBelin

AhMau
Sims
Leilua
Sele

This is a line-up that I can support. Macdonald had better be at his best to avoid being dropped in favour of another young gun.

possm

Coach
That’s pretty close to my team as well.

But I wouldn’t mind someone like Aitken on the bench to give us some extra versatility. If you put a few kilos on him, he could almost give you the same impact as Sele and still be able to play out in the backs if required.
A clever coaching staff would have had Aitken being trained in the utility role during the off-season. I know he has just come back to full training and so he will have to do this training from the reserve grade bench.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
We don't have to wait until half way through the year to field our best 17. I would start with in game one

1 Dufty
2 McDonald
3 Lomax
4 Lafai
5 Mann
6 Widdop
7 Hunt
8 Graham
9 Mcinnis
10 Vaughn
11 Leilua
12 Frizzel
13 DeBelin

14 Simms
15 Ah Mau
16 Host
17 Aitken/Sele
McDonald played ok at centre swap him and Lomax I don't think anyone will get outside LOMAX .that's the only change I'd make FRANK

possm

Coach
McDonald played ok at centre swap him and Lomax I don't think anyone will get outside LOMAX .that's the only change I'd make FRANK
I wouldn't do that. Macdonald will be lucky to keep his wing spot and I'm not confident he is able to setup his winger.

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
This is my prediction for mid season.
Dufty
Mann
Aitken
Macdonald
Nightingale
Widdop
Hunt
Graham
McInnes
Vaughan
Sims
Frizell
JDB

Au Mau
Leilua
Host
Latimore

possm

Coach
This is my prediction for mid season.
Dufty
Mann
Aitken
Macdonald
Nightingale
Widdop
Hunt
Graham
McInnes
Vaughan
Sims
Frizell
JDB

Au Mau
Leilua
Host
Latimore
Gee Crush, you never cease to amaze me. Are you sure of your wish for the Dragons to win a game let alone try to make the top 4? I mean Aitken and Macdonald as centres as apposed to Lafai and Mann or Lafai and Lomax. I'd say if Mary select Aitken and Macdonald as our first choice centres, not only would we be on the wrong end of a string of losses, but Mary and his staff would get their early retirement packages.

Crush

Coach
Gee Crush, you never cease to amaze me. Are you sure of your wish for the Dragons to win a game let alone try to make the top 4? I mean Aitken and Macdonald as centres as apposed to Lafai and Mann or Lafai and Lomax. I'd say if Mary select Aitken and Macdonald as our first choice centres, not only would we be on the wrong end of a string of losses, but Mary and his staff would get their early retirement packages.
I think Aitken will show he is a much better centre option than flickety flick pass Lafai. And I would prefer Macdonald at centre with Mann on the wing. Mann is light and elusive has shown he is a good finisher on the wing.
As for Lomax, I would start him in reserves and see how he goes. He may force his way into the side, he may not.
Anyway Possm, it doesn't matter what you or I think because the backline will be as follows until someone gets injured.
Dufty
Macdonald
Aitken
Lafai
Nightingale

Coffs dragon

Bench
I'm more concerned about the useless coach and his lack of foresight leading into the slippery dip slide of mid season 2018. He's the problem that needs to be addressed in getting team selection and the proper bench rotation absolutely right!

Crush

Coach
I'm more concerned about the useless coach and his lack of foresight leading into the slippery dip slide of mid season 2018. He's the problem that needs to be addressed in getting team selection and the proper bench rotation absolutely right!
Whatever happened to the good old days in the 90s when we would lose our first 5 games then come home with a wet sail? Do you remember that? I remember we always had shocking starts for a period there....