What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colour me black white and blue

I think the board should have at least given reason why they don’t want to do an updated version of the book.

50 years of the Club’s history seems good enough reason to go ahead with it. As more Club legends pass more historic recollections disappear.

taipan

Referee
I've seen G Lester at Shark's games .I was given the book many years ago by a femaleneighbour for my birthday(ain't saying which one),who knew I was a Shark's tragic.

An updated edition would be great, could be done with Kickstarter, the board should consider it. A forward to the new edition by incoming CEO Barry Russell would be a nice touch.

Perhaps a release could be timed for later in the year or next year, so it does not compete with Clinton M's book ?

Clinton M

Juniors
Clinton M here, author of the new book on the Sharks. Thanks for everyone's support. The book is still about a month away but I seem to be getting a great response from fans since doing the podcast with Sam.

Gary Lester's book is brilliant and mine is certainly not an updated version of his. I wouldn't attempt that as Gary is the authority when it comes to the club's history. His is a great hard cover historical record with wonderful stories and beautiful photography.

Mine is 99% text and given the way photographic rights work with the NRL I didn't have the budget to release a hard cover photo intense book. My aim was to document what an extraordinary achievement 2016 was given the dramas the club suffered in the years leading up to the Premiership

The book doesn't aim to reveal startling new information about the club, we as fans have followed the Sharks closely enough to have lived through the past decades. The aim is to have something fans can have to relive the memories of 2016.

I'll be sure to let everyone know how to get a copy come March.

Cheers.

Quigs

Immortal
It's me birthday in March Clinton. I shall drop hints to the sibblings of what I want for a pressie.

(yeah I know posting at 2.40am Qld time. Got up to have a piss and just find it hard to go back to sleep with the temp at 28.9c - but, I will survive)

SadShark

Bench
It's me birthday in March Clinton. I shall drop hints to the sibblings of what I want for a pressie.

(yeah I know posting at 2.40am Qld time. Got up to have a piss and just find it hard to go back to sleep with the temp at 28.9c - but, I will survive)
That is one loooooooonnnnnngg piss.

Latest posts