What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Spot On

Coach
Toohey reporting we've signed young centre/winger Jesse Ramien from the Sharks. Played for the junior Blues and Kangaroos last year, was in the Holden Cup Team of the Year and made his debut against the Knights on Old Boys Day, scoring a try. Bit of confusion with the wording of the article whether he's joining this season or next year, but a good signing regardless.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/5220893/knights-pinch-sharks-star/?cs=306

Great signing imo.

How does he go on defence?
He seems ok. I wouldn't worry too much about that though, defence can be taught, natural ability in attack cant.
I personally am disappointed as i saw him taking Leutele's spot next year. Also i had heard he was happy and wanting to stay at the Sharks. The nature of the NRL these days doesn't always allow that.
I honestly hope he goes well for you guys.

macavity

Referee
He seems ok. I wouldn't worry too much about that though, defence can be taught, natural ability in attack cant.
I personally am disappointed as i saw him taking Leutele's spot next year. Also i had heard he was happy and wanting to stay at the Sharks. The nature of the NRL these days doesn't always allow that.
I honestly hope he goes well for you guys.

Country boy.

Kiwis end up back home because the drums are beating... seems we finally have the banjo tuned.

Noname36

First Grade
It’s certainly a good problem to have. I can’t remember the last time we actually had competition for positions (providing this kid kicks on).

I’m really interested to see how Moga goes too. He always looked fantastic to me whenever I saw him play but Brisbane fans never seemed to have a high opinion of him even before signed with us.

This young side could be anything in a couple of years. Here’s hoping most of them kick on. They’ll have every chance with Browny at the helm though. He really is wonderful with the young blokes.

Tom155

Coach
Knights keen on English prop

Newcastle Knights officials are having an extra close look at Wigan during their trip down under at the moment.

I’m hearing the Knights are keen on young Wigan prop Ryan Sutton for next season.

Sutton is only 22 - a baby in front-rower terms - but has already racked up nearly 100 games for the Warriors.

He made his debut in 2014 as a teenager and is big, strong and tough.

Sutton comes off contract at the end of this season and the Knights are definitely interested - as are several other NRL clubs.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/02/13...cameron-munster-facing-kangaroos-ban-the-mole

Dave_

Juniors
Knights keen on English prop

Newcastle Knights officials are having an extra close look at Wigan during their trip down under at the moment.

I’m hearing the Knights are keen on young Wigan prop Ryan Sutton for next season.

Sutton is only 22 - a baby in front-rower terms - but has already racked up nearly 100 games for the Warriors.

He made his debut in 2014 as a teenager and is big, strong and tough.

Sutton comes off contract at the end of this season and the Knights are definitely interested - as are several other NRL clubs.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/02/13...cameron-munster-facing-kangaroos-ban-the-mole

I don't need to know any more. Sign him up

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Looks like Brown and Mooney are stocking up the fridge. Assuming we don't sign an experienced first grade centre for this year then our depth in that position is likely to get seriously tested at some point. If Allwood can tear it up in NSW Cup then he might see some first grade this year. I'd rather keep SKD and Rossdawg on the wing where they belong so I'm glad we've got a bit of backup in the centres if we need it.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Word is Boyd Cordner has just re-signed with the Roosters for another 5 years. Doesn't look like he'll ever return to the club despite our recent attempts to bring him back. Definitely a shame because he could have gone down as one of our all time greats. That being said we've got a strong back row at the club and hopefully one or two of our young forwards kick on and become what Cordner could have been for us.

Dave_

Juniors
I've always thought Cordner was just a good line runner but apart from that, a fairly vanilla player and he breaks down a bit much. I think he's no loss considering what we would've paid. Don't rate him in Origin either, just a...boring player?

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
I've always thought Cordner was just a good line runner but apart from that, a fairly vanilla player and he breaks down a bit much. I think he's no loss considering what we would've paid. Don't rate him in Origin either, just a...boring player?
He is apparently getting 800k, that’s extremely over paid considering the type of player he is.

Latest posts