What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THE STIG IS BACK

mozza91

Coach
1 tweet? he wrote a thesis. What do you mean get over it ?
It was 5 years ago. People are entitled to be gay. He’s entitled to have his stupid religion. He’s battled serious illness and it’s a great achievement for him to be playing footy at a decent level again.

Knight Vision

First Grade
It was 5 years ago. People are entitled to be gay. He’s entitled to have his stupid religion. He’s battled serious illness and it’s a great achievement for him to be playing footy at a decent level again.
Personally I wouldnt have him represent my organization. Google "Ryan Stig Newcastle Knights" and see the search results. By the way his anti gay christian rant hasnt been taken down from his Twitter feed. The guys a douche

mozza91

Coach
Personally I wouldnt have him represent my organization. Google "Ryan Stig Newcastle Knights" and see the search results. By the way his anti gay christian rant hasnt been taken down from his Twitter feed. The guys a douche
I don’t care about his beliefs or if he’s a douche or not. I care about football and whether or not he can be an asset in our NSW Cup side.

Burwood

Bench
He’s a douche. Although it’s good to see any player return after such a long layoff, I don’t agree with or like what he represents.

PhilGould

Bench
Would be a pretty thin comp if you kick every religious homophobe out. Most just have more sense than to make their views public.

perverse

Referee
I wouldn't have him at the club if it were my choice. He inferred that homsexuality is a spiritual disease, and that it's morally akin to cheating on ones spouse. I can't see a reason in the world why the club even needs him. Where is he even going to get a run? Surely Lamb, Cogs and Johns all ahead of him in NSW Cup.

Old dog

Juniors
It's NRL, shouldn't we let his football talk and if good enough then we should consider if his views/opinions effect the team, club, fans etc. OK his views may not be with the majority of us but like everyone else he deserves a go.

perverse

Referee
Even at his previous best, he was still nothing on our first 4 choices for the halves this year for mine. I don't know enough about Jack Johns to comment on how they would compare with each other.

Distasteful character that represents the club poorly, and has no future here based on playing ability or otherwise. I don't see the point at all.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I think this has all been blown out of proportion a bit. People are getting fired up about a guy being named in an extended NSW Cup squad for a trial match who would be lucky to even play in that team during the regular season, and that's if he's actually still up to it.

He said some offensive stuff a few years back and came across as a dickhead and potentially he would regret saying/writing those things now, then again maybe he doesn't.

If he continues to say stuff like that this time around then I think the club should cut him loose but if he keeps his mouth shut and thinks twice before posting his thoughts up on the internet then I don't see why he shouldn't be given a second chance.

For the record I don't agree with his views on homosexuality and I think he's very misled and possibly quite a troubled individual but I think as fans we should probably cool down a little and let the guy go about his business provided he learns from his prior mistakes.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Could not give a f**k. He made some shit/dumb comments yes but he is no Matt Lodge or Russell Packer who will be running out in 1st grade this year.

I hope the kid has gotten through that rubbish but if he hasnt he will not amount to much anyway in the modern world.

However he may go very well in the US under Trump...

Latest posts