What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Season Predictions

emjaycee

Coach
I doubt there is 10. These 8 have a shot of top 4. Id be suprised if any other club made the top 4.

Cowboys,Storm, sharks,Raiders,Roosters,Brisbane,Eels,Panthers

Didn't the Raiders lose their #1 dummy half for most of the season?
They haven't really bought anyone of note so I cant see them improving enough to make the top 4.

Chipmunk

Coach
I doubt there is 10. These 8 have a shot of top 4. Id be suprised if any other club made the top 4.

Cowboys,Storm, sharks,Raiders,Roosters,Brisbane,Eels,Panthers

Dragons and Dogs might be a chance too.

I don't think you can discount Manly either, given they ran 6th last season with essentially the same team minus Blake Green. Souths with a change of coach and the additons of Gagai and GI could do anything and have potential. Having said that I would be surprised if Souths finished in the Top 4

Chipmunk

Coach
They haven't really bought anyone of note so I cant see them improving enough to make the top 4.

I think the Raiders at least on paper have the ability to make the Top 4 and did so only two years ago. The Raiders have a history over the last 20 years of having good seasons every two years and poor seasons in between. Hodgson out for most of the season won't help, but you don't need to be a Top 4 team the entire season to make the Top 4.

emjaycee

Coach
I think the Raiders at least on paper have the ability to make the Top 4 and did so only two years ago. The Raiders have a history over the last 20 years of having good seasons every two years and poor seasons in between. Hodgson out for most of the season won't help, but you don't need to be a Top 4 team the entire season to make the Top 4.
Did you take into account the "Ricky Factor"? Raiders have only made the 8 once since he has been there (2016).

Since 2000 we have made the semis the same amount of times as the Raiders and we all know how shit we have been.

Incorrect

Coach

Hodgson is now reportedly a chance of being back by April or May... They'll be hoping to snavvle a few wins early and build on that with a fair chunk of the season remaining when he returns

Noise

Coach
Hodgson is now reportedly a chance of being back by April or May... They'll be hoping to snavvle a few wins early and build on that with a fair chunk of the season remaining when he returns

Wow, that would be a pretty quick comeback after doing an ACL

hindy111

Post Whore

True but I like there squad. They lost heaps of games by less then 6 points last season and I still feel most the players are on way up.

hindy111

Post Whore
6 months.... I reckon more likely late june. Perhaps rnd 16-18.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't think you can discount Manly either, given they ran 6th last season with essentially the same team minus Blake Green. Souths with a change of coach and the additons of Gagai and GI could do anything and have potential. Having said that I would be surprised if Souths finished in the Top 4

I dont see Manly or Souths doing more then at best sneaking into 8. I can see Manly sliding off. I dont like there pack, same as Souths.
Dogs have the pack but how good is Foran? Even st his best his Ta and Lbas where average. He has an injury history. One more hammy or back concern and people will give up in him.
I kind of hope he goes ok. He went through a tough time, it isnt like he was cheating on his misses. Deserves some good luck. His form at Warriors wasnt inspiring though.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Regular season predictions:

MJC – 3rd
Noise – 6th
Speedwagon – 5th
Eelementary – 4th
Strider – 6th
Fanbase – 3rd
IBB&G – 5th
Pou – 8th and the FIF
Loser Baby – 2nd
Gary – 3rd
Obscene Assassin – 3rd
Parraboy – 9th
111 – 1st
Forward Pass – 3rd
Avenger – 1st (Stupid merkin)
Joshuatheeel – 3rd
Johnny88 – 6th
Chuzzamatta – 3rd
EelsFan05 – 4th
Colonel – 3rd
Rhyno – 2nd

On top of this most people had us in the Grand Final or Preliminary Final and a few had us as premiers.

The only person who is close to money is @Parraboy.

Not one person raised the loss of Radradra and Frank Pritchard being a factor given we had secured Hayne, Williams and Evans as replacements.

This recent narrative that has developed i.e. "Why didn't BA know about our predicament before fans did?" is not supported by any available evidence in this thread.

Latest posts