What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

Stake Removed

First Grade

Yes yes yes, If Holmes dosent like it as will be shifted to wing, he can go he wont have leverage, as Katoa looks good, will still have Feki & Gray, and some more youth coming through

Frenzy.

Immortal

King Ben, Have you posted the wrong link cause Dino Megatesticles isnt even mentioned in the link in your quote?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/5bbbdc414d0ae4efc536c8e22d2511e4

Cronulla Sharks coach Shane Flanagan says he’d happily accept Ben Barba back to the Shire
AAP, The Daily Telegraph
February 9, 2018 5:51pm
CRONULLA have declared they would welcome back fallen premiership hero Ben Barba with open arms should he seek an NRL return.

Despite boasting a plethora of fullback options in Valentine Holmes, Matt Moylan and Josh Dugan, Sharks coach Shane Flanagan says he would one day like to see Barba back in the black, white and blue.

The 28-year-old looked electric in the English Super League season opener for St Helens on the weekend, scoring two tries and having a hand in another four.

LEGENDS: Sterlo, Kenny back Eels halves to end drought

efa50aedb0a586e014994b838377a4f4

Shane Flanagan says he’d happily accept Ben Barba back to Cronulla
After being suspended for 12 games for his second drug strike in late 2016, Barba had an unfruitful stint in French Rugby before signing with St Helens until the end of 2019.

Following his man-of-the-match display against Castleford, Barba said he desired to one day return to the NRL.

To receive the green light, he would need to satisfy the NRL he is rehabilitated.

Flanagan said he hoped to one day reunite with his former star No.1.

“Benny holds a special place in our current team and the club, he was part of our first ever premiership-winning team,” Flanagan told AAP.

“I know Benny made some poor decisions and he knows that, he’s grown up, he’s learnt the hard way.

“He’s had to go to another country and move his whole family. For those actions, he’s paid a big price.

e8b9f050f20451e37579a0c3e95a64c0

Barba played a key role in the Sharks’ maiden NRL premiership in 2016
“From my perspective and most of the people at the club, we’d like to think that Benny would want to come back to our club.

“When that is, I’m not quite sure. He’s got a couple-year deal at St Helen’s. If it does materialise, from our perspective, we’d like to see him back.”

Barba will forever be considered a Cronulla premiership hero after his memorable scrumbase trick play with Paul Gallen which gave the Sharks an early lead in the 2016 grand final before they went on to a claim a drought-breaking 14-12 win over Melbourne.

Flanagan said the club still kept in close contact with Barba to ensure his wellbeing, despite him having left over a year ago.

“From a welfare perspective, we talk to his wife a fair bit, our welfare blokes keep in contact with him,” Flanagan said.

Frenzy.

Immortal
So, we are 13 billion undervthe cap, or whatever. Anyone else think this has been Barba’s previous money sitting in quarantine?

Ads

First Grade
So, we are 13 billion undervthe cap, or whatever. Anyone else think this has been Barba’s previous money sitting in quarantine?
Maybe but they did have a legit crack at Pearce so maybe not. Could just be handy timing.

Born BB&W

Juniors
Yeah no mention of Dino (or Fred or Barney) in that article.

Lyall must have been the obstacle to Flanno keeping Benny.

Stalefish

Juniors
would make for some very tough decisions with our backline. benny would definately take fb, meaning katoa will probly get the bump, but after last night i hate to say i thought hodko actually outplayed moylan at 5/8..

good times ahead!

Frenzy.

Immortal
would make for some very tough decisions with our backline. benny would definately take fb, meaning katoa will probly get the bump, but after last night i hate to say i thought hodko actually outplayed moylan at 5/8..

good times ahead!

Hodko did look good and no sign of gammy knees. Yeah, hes got them, but didnt seem to effect him last night.

Born BB&W

Juniors
Immediate release on compassionate grounds horribly missing The Shire. Serves his 12 weeks with us then we go onto win the comp too easy.

Happy dayz.

ps Trent's nickname is Hokko.