What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WCC news

Stallion

First Grade
Wonder what the crowd will be!? It deserves a sellout as Melbourne Storm have done the city of Melbourne and its state proud for some time now. They deserve the spoils of success!

JasonE

Bench
I just can't see how Leeds will get enough go forward without a few key men up front, they just won't have the size to put a dent in the Storm defence.
I just hope the scoreline does not end up embarrassing for the Rhinos.

Stallion

First Grade
Prices are still too expensive for top flight rugby league. Kids are $10 which is questionable. Should be free! And adult tickets should be no more than $20 . Too often rugby league clubs are out pricing themselves and losing the opportunity to have full houses. The positive flow on effect is greater than the greedy short term money grab being exhibited by many top flight clubs to date. It negates goodwill and positivity for the code. This negatively impacts merchandise sales and club loyalty along with inhibiting cultural relevance .

Pommy

Coach
Prices are still too expensive for top flight rugby league. Kids are $10 which is questionable. Should be free! And adult tickets should be no more than $20 . Too often rugby league clubs are out pricing themselves and losing the opportunity to have full houses. The positive flow on effect is greater than the greedy short term money grab being exhibited by many top flight clubs to date. It negates goodwill and positivity for the code. This negatively impacts merchandise sales and club loyalty along with inhibiting cultural relevance .

I don’t know how anyone can claim it’s too expensive. I’m going to see Limp Bizkit a washed up 00s band that nobody has heard form for 15 years and and they’re getting $100 a ticket.
expensive compared to what? An EPL season ticket in London would be costing four times as much as an NRL membership and all you would get is a ticket and nothing else.
It would be great to see packed stadiums but if you reduce the prices of tickets you would also have to reduce the cost of memberships. If you’ve got more people you would need more stewards etc and would have more wear and tear on the stadium infrastructure.
The NRL could have hookers lined up at the turnstiles to give out free blowies and people would still complain about weather, trains, car parking, sky is too blue, sky isn’t blue enough (pick your own excuse)

Stallion

First Grade
I don’t know how anyone can claim it’s too expensive. I’m going to see Limp Bizkit a washed up 00s band that nobody has heard form for 15 years and and they’re getting $100 a ticket.
expensive compared to what? An EPL season ticket in London would be costing four times as much as an NRL membership and all you would get is a ticket and nothing else.
It would be great to see packed stadiums but if you reduce the prices of tickets you would also have to reduce the cost of memberships. If you’ve got more people you would need more stewards etc and would have more wear and tear on the stadium infrastructure.
The NRL could have hookers lined up at the turnstiles to give out free blowies and people would still complain about weather, trains, car parking, sky is too blue, sky isn’t blue enough (pick your own excuse)

I was chatting to a local (in his 20s )TAB male employee yesterday . He likes all codes but is an ex soccer player and won't go to see the high flying Jets live as he doesnt like the $26 for entry. If it were $20 he would go. Otherwise he's at the pub watching it. Ticket Pricing is very important. You will find that the four NRL clubs using the $20 adult ticket and $40 family (and $3 pies with public transport thrownin)deals at the Olympic stadium will gain an increase in crowds. Which can only be good for the code and their merchandise sales aling with general public interest. In Australia ticket prices are inportant when attending sport. Even the AFL have bargain tickets for sale to entice big turn ups.

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
I was chatting to a local (in his 20s )TAB male employee yesterday . He lokes all codes but is an ex soccer player and won't go to see the high flying Jets live as he doesnt like the $26 for entry. If it were $20 he would go. Otherwise he's at the pub watching it. Ticket Pricing is very important. You will find that the four NRL clubs using the $20 adult ticket and $40 family (and $3 pies with public transport thrownin)deals at the Olympic stadium will gain an increase in crowds. Which can only be good for the code and their merchandise sales aling with general public interest. In Australia ticket prices are inportant when attending sport. Even the AFL have bargain tickets for sale to entice big turn ups.

So why do they get 80,000 to state of origin at $100 a pop?

deluded pom?

Coach
I was chatting to a local (in his 20s )TAB male employee yesterday . He likes all codes but is an ex soccer player and won't go to see the high flying Jets live as he doesnt like the $26 for entry. If it were $20 he would go. Otherwise he's at the pub watching it. Ticket Pricing is very important. You will find that the four NRL clubs using the $20 adult ticket and $40 family (and $3 pies with public transport thrownin)deals at the Olympic stadium will gain an increase in crowds. Which can only be good for the code and their merchandise sales aling with general public interest. In Australia ticket prices are inportant when attending sport. Even the AFL have bargain tickets for sale to entice big turn ups.
The average price in League 1 in the UK is about £12 or approximately $20 plus. You would be looking at $40-50 plus for SL. You have the best rugby league competition in the world and you want to watch it for peanuts!

Stallion

First Grade
The average price in League 1 in the UK is about £12 or approximately $20 plus. You would be looking at $40-50 plus for SL. You have the best rugby league competition in the world and you want to watch it for peanuts!
Correct. Its an Aussie thing. $20 is fine given the competitive sports market. We want it cheap & accessible. Not restrictive either. We are a much more "open" type culture than the Pommies understand. For instance of it were $18 we woukd rather pay $20. It simple but that's the way it is. Their is a battle going on to secure the sports market within Australia and tickets prices are a major consideration. Simple and inexpensive is what most Aussies relate as we have got tv access to our football codes everywhere. It's a different culture champ. For instance many Aussies love the relaxed atmosphere of the hill at a venue. Most Pommes dont.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Or just dont get Stallion started full stop........this'll be another world wide union conspiracy to keep RL down.

We are living in the world that has a rugby union reality of repressing rugby league. Absolutely no doubt about it. Take note fellas. That's why rugby league is not as worldwide as it should or could be! Along with incompetent administrators it's a recipe for containment of this great code!

thorson1987

Coach

I payed $40 for my seats and was pretty happy with them.

28056164_10155185555471820_7640478208696316943_n.jpg

Also did enjoy this after full time

Stallion

First Grade
I enjoyed the Hull fans last night as well. It’s just adds something to the game and I wish it was the same here.

Understand what you are communicating however.Aussies are a tad more laid back . We do get into chants at our games but its less often. For instance the mighty "Parra Parra" chant can be awesome at the ground. Other clubs have chants when the mood is right. That's the way it is in OZ. We also have some great traditional club songs as well but these come out if your team happens to make the Grand final. Fyi. But understand your sentiment.