What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Season 2017/18

shiznit

Coach
A little bit... especially later in the game.

It was still terrible as far as defence goes... but it was a lot better than it has been.

Barkley

Bench
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2753333-gregg-popovich-kawhi-leonard-expected-to-miss-season-with-quad-injury

Gregg Popovich: 'I'll Be Surprised' If Kawhi Leonard Returns This Season

SCOTT POLACEK

hi-res-3cd0456cdcd4ddcdedd5e3fa9becb687_crop_north.jpg

Eric Gay/Associated Press
The San Antonio Spurs may have to make do without superstar Kawhi Leonard for the rest of the 2017-18 season.

Head coach Gregg Popovich said Wednesday he would be surprised to see Leonard back on the floor this season, according to Michael C. Wright of ESPN.

"We've got to move on," Popovich added, per Wright.

Leonard last appeared in a game on Jan. 13.

This is another setback for Leonard in an injury-ravaged season. He suffered a partial tear in his left shoulder in mid-January, and he missed the start of the campaign because of a quadriceps injury.

In November, Popovich said he had "never, never" seen an injury like the quad one Leonard suffered, per Wright.

"What's really strange is that [point guard] Tony [Parker] has the same injury, but even worse," Popovich continued. "They had to go operate on his quad tendon and put it back together or whatever they did to it. So to have two guys, that's pretty incredible. I had never seen it before those guys."

While the Spurs have remained afloat even with Leonard sidelined for all but nine games, it's difficult to envision them winning this year's NBAchampionship without their go-to scorer and defensive leader.

Leonard already has two Defensive Player of the Year awards, an NBA Finals MVP and two appearances on the All-NBA first team on his resume. He averaged a career-high 25.5 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.8 steals per game last season.

The Spurs likely would have called upon him to guard the likes of James Harden, Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Kevin Durant in critical moments of postseason series. Instead, it appears as though they'll have to turn elsewhere.

Barkley

Bench
If this is true than its awful news for the Spurs and also one of my fantasy teams.
Spurs have coped really well without him, probably only the Warriors could lose their best player and still be a contender. You gotta respect Spurs basketball.

You never know with Pop though, hopefully its one of his 'moments'.

edabomb

First Grade
I see Cuban has been fined US$600,000 for discussing the Mavs plan to tank.

Best way around this issue is to make the lottery a true lottery IMO. Give the 14 teams that miss the playoffs a 4.5% shot at the first pick, and the 16 teams that make the playoffs a 2.3% chance.

shiznit

Coach
OKC bitches being well and truly put in their place
I still think they are an absolute nightmare for the Warriors in a series.

No f**king way the Warriors want any part of them in the playoffs.

Once again... they couldnt handle Adams.

They made their big run when Adams was on the bench in the 3rd.

The got blown out by 30ptd but Adams was only -6 on the +/-.

At the end of the day Russ, Melo & PG were an absolute horrendous 11 from 46 from the floor....

They won’t shoot that bad again...

Even the Warriors know deep down... if OKC shoot even 25% more efficient... which is still really poor... that game is close.

Choppy182

Juniors
I still think they are an absolute nightmare for the Warriors in a series.

No f**king way the Warriors want any part of them in the playoffs.

Once again... they couldnt handle Adams.

They made their big run when Adams was on the bench in the 3rd.

The got blown out by 30ptd but Adams was only -6 on the +/-.

At the end of the day Russ, Melo & PG were an absolute horrendous 11 from 46 from the floor....

They won’t shoot that bad again...

Even the Warriors know deep down... if OKC shoot even 25% more efficient... which is still really poor... that game is close.

I agree. If OKC were more consistent they'd be a title threat.

Rod

Bench
OKC need to make the playoffs before they start worrying about the Warriors.

shaggs

Coach
LeBron was awesome today. Needed that type of game to stop Jokic. Big man with a big rainbow.

shiznit

Coach
I gotta admit... I almost had a tear in my eye watching Andre Ingram lighting it up for the lakers this afternoon.

I had never even heard of the guy until I saw his signing video this morning so i wanted to catch the guys debut just out of curiosity...

Daaaamn it was like he was my best friend from Kindergarten the way i was cheering him on... :joy::joy:

What a story... just love it!

Barkley

Bench
I gotta admit... I almost had a tear in my eye watching Andre Ingram lighting it up for the lakers this afternoon.

I had never even heard of the guy until I saw his signing video this morning so i wanted to catch the guys debut just out of curiosity...

Daaaamn it was like he was my best friend from Kindergarten the way i was cheering him on... :joy::joy:

What a story... just love it!
Yeah what an awesome story...making your debut at 32 after 10years in the D League. I can see a Disney movie coming on.

The crowd chanting MVP topped it off for me. It was a real special moment.

This story is why we watch sport.