What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Its hard to know what's been opened. Trying to book tickets is a bit painful with the system they use. Still haven't decided where to sit given the oval configuration, think we'll go up a level to get a bit of elevation and take my binoculars!

Wasn't there a ''rectangle mode" mooted for this stadium? Is that still the case?

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Its hard to know what's been opened. Trying to book tickets is a bit painful with the system they use. Still haven't decided where to sit given the oval configuration, think we'll go up a level to get a bit of elevation and take my binoculars!
Friends went to the cricket and were on Level 5 and said the view was great, right on top of the field. Problem is they haven't opened the top level yet and judging by availability they might not. All of the drop in area is sold, most of level 1 is gone but a bit concerning that a couple of bays on Level 1 just became available which could mean that a whole side of the ground hasn't actually been sold yet.
I said before one of the issues is that on each side levels 2, 3 and 4 are all the platinum areas, tickets in these areas are $250. So basically if you want to sit along the sideline ATM you either pay $250 and sit on level 2 or wait and hope they open level 5, otherwise you're behind the in goal on an oval field which isn't ideal.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Friends went to the cricket and were on Level 5 and said the view was great, right on top of the field. Problem is they haven't opened the top level yet and judging by availability they might not. All of the drop in area is sold, most of level 1 is gone but a bit concerning that a couple of bays on Level 1 just became available which could mean that a whole side of the ground hasn't actually been sold yet.
I said before one of the issues is that on each side levels 2, 3 and 4 are all the platinum areas, tickets in these areas are $250. So basically if you want to sit along the sideline ATM you either pay $250 and sit on level 2 or wait and hope they open level 5, otherwise you're behind the in goal on an oval field which isn't ideal.

Yeh that's what I'm hanging on for, the higher sideline seats. Best I've found so far is a goal post corner seat one tier up for $60. I emailed Storm about which seats they had allocated for their one game WA membership.They said they couldn't tell me as they hadn't yet been allocated a bay! Pretty stupid as I would have bought 7 memberships if they had been decent seats.

ground zero

Juniors
$250 a platinum ticket is disturbing for the double header. Could be a sellout if they just said all tickets $25 each. Ist in best seats. Good way promoting the nrl an new stadium.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
$250 a platinum ticket is disturbing for the double header. Could be a sellout if they just said all tickets $25 each. Ist in best seats. Good way promoting the nrl an new stadium.
I will clarify though that these areas are the special areas of the stadium that are expensive for all events, they have direct access to bars and facilities plus other benefits. Unfortunately for Rectangular sports these areas just happen to be in the best spots on the sideline.

Suitman

Post Whore
I will clarify though that these areas are the special areas of the stadium that are expensive for all events, they have direct access to bars and facilities plus other benefits.

Other benefits like what, toilets? It's a f**king RL double header.
$250 is obscene.

Stallion

First Grade
Yeh that's what I'm hanging on for, the higher sideline seats. Best I've found so far is a goal post corner seat one tier up for $60. I emailed Storm about which seats they had allocated for their one game WA membership.They said they couldn't tell me as they hadn't yet been allocated a bay! Pretty stupid as I would have bought 7 memberships if they had been decent seats.

Once again a high ticket price issue affecting rugby league! A code trying to attract a bigger market and decides to charge exhorbitant prices for this market to see the code! Amazingly poor market read from administrators!

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Once again a high ticket price issue affecting rugby league! A code trying to attract a bigger market and decides to charge exhorbitant prices for this market to see the code! Amazingly poor market read from administrators!

You can get an adult ticket for $20 and a family of 4 for $50 so there are plenty of options for those with less cash to splash. I cant knock ticket pricing for this one, they start at $20 and go up in $10 increments to the best seats at $90. $20 for two games of NRL in a brand new stadium is hard to complain about!

The $250 tickets are catering and beverage package deals.

Stallion

First Grade
You can get an adult ticket for $20 and a family of 4 for $50 so there are plenty of options for those with less cash to splash. I cant knock ticket pricing for this one, they start at $20 and go up in $10 increments to the best seats at $90. $20 for two games of NRL in a brand new stadium is hard to complain about!

The $250 tickets are catering and beverage package deals.

Well now that's clear! Otherwise most people are thinking that's the ticket price for a sideline seat! Wonder what the allocated numbers for the $20 tickets and family tickets are? That will tell us if overall price gouging is raring its ugly head again?!

Burns

First Grade
Newcastle has almost sold out rd1 v Manly at 6pm..
Nah.

It's selling well, but not near sell out at all. http://www1.ticketmaster.com.au/new...id=695&f_tmol_checkout=false&ab=m_efeat4954v1

We did this during the 2018 World Cup. Most of the top and ends of the lower Eastern Stand (Andrew Johns stand) are selling in 'double row' format. So, half of the available tickets are actually on sale.

This isn't an attempt to downplay what will likely be a 20,000 crowd for Round One, but we really are far away from an unlikely sell out.