What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often and how much do you weigh?

Aragorn

First Grade
I weigh myself once every few days.

Weight ranges between 82.5 to 85kg depending on water intake.

play rugby, gym 3 times a week and overall satisfied with my physic

TheFrog

Coach
98kg (186cm- BMI 28). Down from 141kg in less than a year. Weigh myself every day and record all calorie intake. I'm more or less on maintenance now. Cycle 200km a week and average 12k steps a day. Like to get down to what I was in my 20s, which was under 80kg (age 62 now).

Aragorn

First Grade
98kg (186cm- BMI 28). Down from 141kg in less than a year. Weigh myself every day and record all calorie intake. I'm more or less on maintenance now. Cycle 200km a week and average 12k steps a day. Like to get down to what I was in my 20s, which was under 80kg (age 62 now).

Well done mate.

141 to 98 is a massive drop though.

Thats also a lot of mileage on the legs as well.

I’ll probably take up swimming when i get to your age, lets pressure on the joints and what nots...

bileduct

Coach
97kg @ 186cm.

I used to overeat quite a lot during my heavy dope smoking days. Ballooned up to 126kg at my worst, though that was about 15 years ago. I usually peak at around 115kg now.

I walk for just over 2 hours a day (first thing in the morning, then after dinner), completely cut out refined and processed carbohydrates (except for dark chocolate) and eat lots of protein and fat (in the form of nuts). No sugary drinks, no crapdonalds, no "low fat" food full of sugar.

I used to weigh myself every day but now I hardly bother at all. I found I would get discouraged if I wasn't losing weight or even putting little amounts back on. I find belt holes are a better indicator of where you're at it.

I'm happy to keep my exercise to walking until I reach my desired weight (85-90kg), otherwise I tend to go too hard and injure myself and it all comes to a screeching halt.

ek999

First Grade
Currently weigh 102kg down 3kg since i started weighing myself in January. Mainly watching what i eat and trying to do at least half an hour exercise a day

thorson1987

Coach
Used to weigh myself once a week when I was losing weight. Was great to see the progress each week.

Started just under 140kg a year ago, got down to 106kg but am back up between 110 and 115kg which I am happy with, still go to the gym at least 4 days a week, and eat alot better most of the time than what I used to.

Life's Good

Coach
180cms & close to 88kgs. Weigh myself once a week with minimal change.
Entering my 2nd touch footy comp(played OzTag for 10 years & then a break of 7 years until taking up touch recently)
I enjoy a weight session at the gym & would like to drop about 3kgs in weight through regular exercise but fall into the excuses trap too easily(kids, work travel, posting on this bloody forum).

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I ate like shit when my mum passed away 8 months ago or whenever it was and gained tons of weight.

Im 196cm tall and currently weigh 120 kilos. At 35 that is way too heavy so ive cut carbs and am recording calories. Now ive flushed a lot of water weight (as expected with low carb) so i would have been quite a bit heavier at the start of feb. Didnt weigh myself out of shame lol.

Got to watch the food as emotional support kiddies.

Last edited:

Das Gupta

Juniors
6 ft 2 and 90 kgs. Weight myself about every 2 weeks. Been cutting back on the junk food of late and started to get more fruit & nuts into my diet. Started walking more too.I want to cut the risk of diabetes and heart disease. Which unfortunately is in the family.

Aragorn

First Grade
Fmd, i should have done a survey for this thread so we could see the distribution.

I thought my weight was pretty respectable but judging from replies, i’m living in the land of giants here.

Life's Good

Coach
Fmd, i should have done a survey for this thread so we could see the distribution.

I thought my weight was pretty respectable but judging from replies, i’m living in the land of giants here.

It takes all kinds mate. All our circumstances are very different from genes to lifestyle.
I subscribe to the feeling good about yourself plan. If that means a bender every now & again or a junk food binge then do it, I say.

Iafeta

Referee
173cm, 79kg. Body fat percentage is somewhere in the high teens.

I don't really worry about weighing myself. I find it can be discouraging. I do it more for general wellbeing and because I like it and it's a great space to chill out in.

I will probably lose a few kegs over the next little while as I'm beginning a cut program

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member

Mate, I've always been a string bean. Different builds are healthy at different weights. One size doesn't fit all. I was down to about 67kg a year ago but that was after surgery, no excercise at docs orders and dietary restrictions as well.

My word, that first pizza when the diet ended was best ever. I'm not especially disciplined with what I eat normally, just sensible over the long run.

That week however, I ate like a complete fatty boomba. I can really understand how some people can't help themselves at times.

Last edited:

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
188cm and around 99kg.... usually only weigh myself when i get back from holiday to see how much I've managed to put on in the shortest amount of time possible... usually around 3-4 kilos in 2-3 weeks. ha-ha other then that i wouldn't bother jumping on a scale more than once a month.

gym 4 times a week, couple of boot camps one weight session and a game of squash or a boxing session. no exercise on weekends other than walking 18 holes at golf.

food wise my wife and i eat very healthy during the week no sugar, very little carbs no alcohol... weekend i loosen that up a little... oh I've just turned 34

t-ba

Post Whore
171cm, 79kg 31y.o. when I left for my holiday at the start of the month.

Round Christmas 2016 I was pushing 115. My Jabba the Hutt like appearance in my January 2017 wedding photos convinced me to go Keto. Mostly do cardio, know I should hit the gym but I can't stand it lol.

I was weighing myself daily last year. It is fun when you see results but I didn't shift from 80 for the last month which was frustrating as shit lol.

Looking to lose another 10-15kg and whatever I gain on holiday when reality returns (sigh) in July.

Life's Good

Coach
171cm, 79kg 31y.o. when I left for my holiday at the start of the month.

Round Christmas 2016 I was pushing 115. My Jabba the Hutt like appearance in my January 2017 wedding photos convinced me to go Keto. Mostly do cardio, know I should hit the gym but I can't stand it lol.

I was weighing myself daily last year. It is fun when you see results but I didn't shift from 80 for the last month which was frustrating as shit lol.

Looking to lose another 10-15kg and whatever I gain on holiday when reality returns (sigh) in July.
I am reading it that you were up to 115kgs and now down to 79kgs & you want to lose another 10-15kgs?

Latest posts