What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kangaroos to Qatar "I've been every where man"

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
If it raises a shitload of cash for cyclone victims I couldn’t care less if it is a 0-0 draw played in North Korea

no name

Coach
Meninga is a big believer of taking the game to uncharted territory and is also exploring alternative options.
Why should Mal care about the game?
The game has done nothing for him.

King hit

Coach
Why should Mal care about the game?
The game has done nothing for him.

An aunt of mine sees him as one of her most hated sportsmen because of those comments. I recently read 'Super League' and learnt about his behaviour during that time. I've always thought of him to be a douche and that book confirms it.

beave

Coach
Why would you want to play a test in a country that treats woman like dirt, has a long history of corruption and human exploitation, human rights abuses that is happening now and has deadset no sporting history or culture. Alcohol is illegal so the men won't go and woman have to be covered up so the woman won't go. I'm all for promoting the game around the world but keep Qatar well out of it.

Sounds a bit like Melbourne......

ed-grimley

Bench
Qatar has a shitload of stadiums that have been built for the football WC. It could easily host a RL WC.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
As Clifferd said........money talks.
But why f**king bother? Seriously?
RL will never be taken on in Qatar.
Spreading the footprint? f**k off.
We're starting to sound like the AFL now.

Good points! I think all efforts in the lead up to 2025 should be to play games in strategically picked North American cities in consultation with Moore and his promoters so that those cities are used to hosting games regularly by the time the world cup rolls around.

yakstorm

First Grade
He could just name a 34-man squad for the two matches and then split the team so players only play 1x end of season match for Australia.

Would still see two strong Australian sides and if it resulted in two loses for the Roos, that wouldn't be the worse thing in the world.

langpark

First Grade
If it raises a shitload of cash for cyclone victims I couldn’t care less if it is a 0-0 draw played in North Korea
Why have a fundraiser 8 months after the disaster?? It should either be immediate or nothing.

When its recent, people tend to dig deep, and as well as money from match tickets, you can also have buckets at the match and phone/SMS donations for the TV viewers. I think cricket did something like that for the tsunami victims in 2006.

By october, it will have only a fraction of the impact.

Australia are set to face Tonga in a one-off Test against Tonga in Qatar this autumn.

The Kangaroos could come up against tier two nation Tonga in October or November, according to The Mole’s report in Australia.

And the proposed clash at the end of the season has a ‘big chance’ of happening, claims The Mole, who is rarely wrong with his scoops.

But there is a possibility that England’s mid-season Test against New Zealand in Denver will not go ahead, owing to the fact that several NRL clubs and the Rugby League Players Association believe playing the match at high-altitude, the travel times and the short turnaround before their NRL games are safety concerns for all the players involved.

James Graham has recently said the Denver test has ‘got to be done’ for the sake of international rugby league, while New Zealand legend Henry Fa’afili says it would be disappointing if the scheduled Test doesn’t go ahead.

But Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga would be up for taking the Test to the Middle East in the autumn, it has been reported.

The current World Cup winners see the Test as a chance to make money from the Middle East and believe it would be good for the sport’s growth.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/australia-set-to-play-tonga-in-qatar-this-year/

Latest posts