What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Pre-season trials

JJ

Immortal
Y
But after 15 minutes the Warriors were blowing and the Storm looked fresher..

But they've had (another) best pre-season ever

I didn't watch, but if that's the case it's an incredibly bad sign IMO

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Yep, it's a trial. But why advertise it as Warriors vs Storm at Rotorua when it is so decidedly second class. A lot of the players weren't even in the numbers shown on the team list. Shoddy. And they only drew half a crowd - a very quiet crowd.
On to the football. I hoped to see fitter players and a bit of structure and cohesion. The backs looked like they had never met each other before and certainly not passed a ball around before, not that Kata passes anyway. The backline worked far better when Ayshford came on and Charnze moved from fullback to center. Satae was busy as was Pulu. Papalii was probably the best. But Gavet is not a lock.
But after 15 minutes the Warriors were blowing and the Storm looked fresher. Paasi and Hingano got injured and subbed off.
Suosemea showed some speed in a length of the field chase.
However the exciting prospects were in the storm side. Grant and the two Drinkwater brothers have great potential. And have we recruited in the Pacific islands? The Storm have a couple with potential.
Then I watched the Storm top side beat the Rhinos and realised it's going to be another long season.

If you want boring football in 2018 the Warriors are for you.

Were you at the trial game?

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
The team named to take on the Titans is much closer to our full strength team.
I think we'll have a better idea of where we sit after this weekend...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Would love to go (to the game and open training run) but just had 3 teeth pulled this morning. Will have to wait and see how it heals.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I noticed Hiku was wearing the number 2 jersey in the Storm trial game that I caught a bit of today on TV. With Fus on his usual right side wing spot and Kata and Ken having double digit numbers on their jerseys, that gave me the impression that Hiku may be on the left side as either wing or centre. Then you got Beale coming back that could push out the Kata/Maumalo combo to NSW cup.

Rich102

Staff member
So this week we get a more serious side but no TV.

Ironic Ken playing outside Kata. Kata doesn't pass and Ken can't catch. Not going to be much interplay there.

Cold Roses

Juniors
So this week we get a more serious side but no TV.

Ironic Ken playing outside Kata. Kata doesn't pass and Ken can't catch. Not going to be much interplay there.

Think I read that it will be streaming on the Warriors website?

Diesel

Referee
Makes me wonder which is more painful? Teeth pulled or watching Warriors? :)
In some sick kinda way and probably because I was all needled up, I had no issues getting my wisdom teeth out, the cracking and removal of these teeth that were causing a pain in the arse, the drugs afterwards... these are highs I’m chasing now since the Warriors can’t quite cut it anymore

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Titans have names a decent looking side too...should be a good game
Yep, a few surprise names in there too like Elliot who Im assuming is from the Knights. Gordons a good pick up for the Titans and not a bad replacement for 'Jarred Payne in the ass'. Former Panthers Latu and Cartwright was a big surprise for me. Should be a good game to watch but as someone was saying earlier - its not televised :(

1 MICHAEL GORDON
2 BRENDAN ELLIOT
3 DALE COPLEY
4 KONRAD HURRELL
5 PHILLIP SAMI
6 KANE ELGEY
7 ASH TAYLOR
8 LEILANI LATU
9 NATHAN PEATS
10 MAX KING
11 RYAN JAMES
12 WILL MATTHEWS