What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial vs Newcastle Thread

I think our props especially Alvaro / Mannah (the two definite top 17 props for 2017) are a bit underrated actually.

Look at the storms starting props Bromwich / McLean. Everyone would expect them to be so much better then our two but stats wise especially McLean their isn't a hugh difference between the 4.

Mannah 91 m / 23 tackles (94 %)
Alvaro 90 m / 28 tackles (95 %)
McLean 105 m / 22 tackles (96%)
Bromwich 127m / 24 tackles (93%)

I suspect our pair especially Mannah probably play at least 5 to 10 mins less per game.

While our pairs stats are no where near brilliant when considering what the pair cost and how they compared to the storms pair , I reckon ours go ok and more then hold their own.

They go ok, but I think the you'd like a bigger middle forward to be part of the rotation. Matagi is sort of more of the same. But I guess BA is trying to play a game where the middle forwards play a slightly different role to many other clubs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think he just prioritises defence over attack. But don't forget he did use Junior Paulo when we had him and allegedly made an offer (beaten by Canberra) to keep him. So he sees the usefulness of an attacking middle forward who needs to be covered in defence. Plus he did sign Vave - a poor man's Junior Paulo.

Stevie

Bench
Im feeling a little bit pumped
200w.gif

Gronk

Staff member
No it's just a trial. Not allowed to get excited apparently. Hope nobody gets injured etc.

giphy.gif

Latest posts