What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta trial

People need to chill out seriously lol a full strength Penrith were beaten last night too and quite well by basically a reserve grade quality Bulldogs side.. You can't say they won't be challenging for the 8.

Noname36

First Grade
They've been training for 3 or 4 months, not sure how much better they'll be in another 2 weeks.

Manly looked red hot in their trial last night. We have lost our last 7 back to 2012 against them...

Im certainly not saying they’ll be right come season kick off - but we might start seeing some significant improvement come say 7-8 rounds into the season once they’ve had some time playing together. This is the opinion I’ve always held. Anyone thinking they were suddenly going to do a full 180 in an offseason with 1.5 trials with a totally new team was being unrealistic.

slotmachine

First Grade
Meaningless? Was two first grade sides playing out there, it wasn't our best 17 v raiders 2nd or 3rd grade like last year.

Brown didn't sound impressed, I don't think he saw it as meaningless.

mozza91

Coach
No competition points were at stake. All trials are meaningless it’s about getting abit of match fitness and avoiding injury.

We were poor and obviously a good performance would be preferable but it doesn’t count for anything. In the scheme of things it might even be a blessing. Stops fans and the media from getting too ahead of themselves and a reality check for the players as Buhrer mentioned. It’ll only make the players more hungry to impress in Round 1.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Meaningless? Was two first grade sides playing out there, it wasn't our best 17 v raiders 2nd or 3rd grade like last year.

Brown didn't sound impressed, I don't think he saw it as meaningless.

For the first 20 mins it was. Look at Browns interchange. Very different from how u would manage a normal nrl game.

Look we would not have won but Parra had one trial so they had to get it right and they sure did!

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I only skimmed through the match, but it seemed like the centre held pretty well with most of the breaks coming around the edges....

(If i am correct) Its no critisism on the fringe players. The problem usually comes from guys in the middle bunching too much and leaving the edge guys too much space to cover alone.

If that is our worst problem, we are doing well. The guys seem able to defend, they just need to develop confidence that the guys next to them can cover his own patch.

slotmachine

First Grade
but it seemed like the centre held pretty well with most of the breaks coming around the edges....

Apart from the first 20 we got rolled through the middle.

Trial was a perfect example why Levi is on the bench too, his ability to control the ruck in d is a real issue.

Old dog

Juniors
Think we have had a bit of a reality check, some of us getting a bit carried away with the improved quality of the side without considering the time it takes to develop and combine as a unit. Expect we will show improvement over the next 4-5 weeks but maybe not enough to win several of those games.
And Parra are a good side.

Latest posts