What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW to Roosters

Brutalitops

Juniors
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...set-to-return-to-nrl-after-super-rugby-season

Sonny Bill Williams is reportedly going to be playing for the Roosters before the end of the season.

Jeez, Cronk, Tedesco, huge upgrade for Cordner, they are not even trying to pretend they have a salary cap anymore.
While I love to shit on the Roosters, it's important to note they would not sign him until the last month or two of the year. So his price will be for the finals series, plus a few regular season games at maximum.

Even we could fit him at that price while following the cap! It's only a matter of time before someone here realises he can play Thompson's position and makes a thread....

While I love to shit on the Roosters, it's important to note they would not sign him until the last month or two of the year. So his price will be for the finals series, plus a few regular season games at maximum.

Even we could fit him at that price while following the cap! It's only a matter of time before someone here realises he can play Thompson's position and makes a thread....

Proberbly just playing for beer money, I hear most of the Roosters players do.

Let's not forget they are covering a big chunk of Pearce's contract at the Knights too.

possm

Coach
Really it is no joking matter. The cap was invented to even out the competition. The only way to solve this problem is to enforce the cap. Make it so that all player payments are to come under the cap and that TPA's are to be organised by the NRL under strict criteria that is fair and even for all clubs.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
It reminds me of the way Manly Waringah tore other teams apart so as to finally have a side that was capable of actually winning a competition .

They ripped the heart out of North Sydney when they signed Ken Irvine ( one of Australia's best wingers ) and then the systematic dismantling of South Sydney - Bobby Moses , Ray Branigan and big John ( lurch ) O'Neil and the then the Magpies- John Dorahy and Les Boyd etc. etc.

Unbelievable , and by that I mean the way that the rorters actually get away with it without enquiry from the people who are supposedly there to ensure that everything is above board - fair - an even playing field for all parties , not just the idle bluudy rich !

Last edited:

FlameThrower

Bench
Right on cue, Ch9 had Wilder interviewing Cooper Cronk, but they had more images of SBW than of Cronk ...story was supposed to be about Cronk and Pearce...mind you..

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Really it is no joking matter. The cap was invented to even out the competition. The only way to solve this problem is to enforce the cap. Make it so that all player payments are to come under the cap and that TPA's are to be organised by the NRL under strict criteria that is fair and even for all clubs.
I agree with you Possm but it wont happen.....its like the so called draw that supposed to be fair and even to all clubs.....thats why the NRL allow the Broncos to play almost every Thursday and Friday nights with a seven and eight day turn around...because they know they get 30 odd thousand at Suncorp every game ....thats not a draw thats selective pairing with one club getting a huge advantage....its all about dollars not necessarily designed to be fair and equal imo

SaintPauli

Juniors
I'm more concerned they will win a few premierships next five years and overtake us for 2nd most premiership. f**k we continue to slip.
Fox, Wikipedia, etc all recognise the dragons as only having 1 comp! As I mentioned before and I a strongly encourage we all bombard the dragons head office to clarify ! Did the St George dragons get replaced when joining Illawarra yes or no ? Why ? Because all our history has been removed from all new records. This needs to change and should bring back the SOS CAMPAIGN.

SaintPauli

Juniors
My perspective Possum is as follows;
TPAs are like 2no. Book keeping documents which dodgy businesses use for Tax Purposes.
1. The first book "the salary cap" keeps the NRL happy
2. The second book "Tpas" are the business cash deals, under the table deals. The kind of deals no-one outside the NRL " business know off.

Saintsified

Bench
Fox, Wikipedia, etc all recognise the dragons as only having 1 comp! As I mentioned before and I a strongly encourage we all bombard the dragons head office to clarify ! Did the St George dragons get replaced when joining Illawarra yes or no ? Why ? Because all our history has been removed from all new records. This needs to change and should bring back the SOS CAMPAIGN.
I agree. The Arl merged with superleague and kept the history of the Arl because it was a the richer history, Dragons merging with Illawarra is no different really. We should've kept the richer side of history, otherwise I demand the NRL stop using the ARL past.

possm

Coach

So change the name to St George Dragons. Forget Illawarra in the name even though we are a joint venture. I mean, did Canterbury/Bankstown Berries lose their history when they changed their name to Sydney Bulldogs and then to Canterbury Bulldogs? I'm sure there are other examples but this example is enough to make my point.