What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Sea Eagles @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 1: Knights v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2018 - Round 1
Newcastle Knights v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Friday 9 March 2018

Gates 3:30pm / ISP 3:45pm / NRL 6pm

TL-NEW18.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Shaun Kenny-dowall 3. Sione Mata'utia 4. Tautau Moga 5. Nathan Ross 6. Connor Watson 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Herman Ese'ese 9. Slade Griffin 10. Jacob Lillyman 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Aidan Guerra 13. Mitchell Barnett
Interchange: 14. Brock Lamb 15. Chris Heighington 16. Jamie Buhrer 17. Daniel Saifiti 18. Ken Sio 19. Jacob Saifiti 20. Danny Levi 21. Luke Yates

TL-MAN18.png

1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Matthew Wright 4. Brian Kelly 5. Akuila Uate 6. Lachlan Croker 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Addin Fonua-blake 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. Martin Taupau 11. Joel Thompson 12. Curtis Sironen 13. Jake Trbojevic
Interchange: 14. Lewis Brown 15. Shaun Lane 16. Frank Winterstein 17. Kelepi Tanginoa 18. Brad Parker 19. Jackson Hastings 20. Jack Gosiewski 21. Lloyd Perrett

REF-YELLOW-1000px_1.jpg

Referees: Adam Gee, Gavin Reynolds
Sideline Officials: Kasey Badger, Phil Henderson
Video Referees: Luke Patten, Henry Perenara

Feeder club fixtures
Friday | Newcastle v BWSE (Sea Eagles) @ McDonald Jones, ISP 3:45pm
Saturday | Newcastle v Manly @ Cessnock SG, Flegg 3pm​

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we need to just to grind out a few wins early in the year to get our combinations right and play a simple straight forward game.cant just throw it around and play expansive football till we get a bit of cohesion with our spine.i got my ticket for this game and im not expecting anything but a tough battle and hopefully a close game.it will come together soon enough! But in saying that from around round 6 onwards start chancing your arm a bit and through it around. Im overall optimistic that we can jag this game. Up the knights :wink:

Spot On

Coach
Pack needs to do its job.

Simples.

No excuses.

Run harder, tackle harder.

Otherwise, Manly will give it to us.

mozza91

Coach
Lussick and Walker are out injured. Croker will be 5/8. Other than that similar to last year I guess.

slotmachine

First Grade
Haven't beat them since 2012. Jesus would be nice to get a win.

There's not even a rivalry anymore because we have been irrelevant for so long.

Old dog

Juniors
They will be down 2 regulars in Lussick and Walker we should be full strength at home that has got to be a bonus but still think manly by a few points, less than 10.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Very important to win this one considering our horrible run of away matches coming up. If we can get a nice win here and boost morale it would be great
Think it will be a close one but hopefully the big crowd gets us home.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I'm hoping the weight of expectation doesnt bring too much nervous energy to the team and they settle quickly and focus. Could be a close game if both teams play to their ability on paper.

Swarzey

Bench
Manly 13+

That trial was f**king abysmal.

LUL.

Anyway, Manly will be without a starting forward (which highlights how poor their pack is in 2018) and their best attacking player outside of the Turbo brothers. Lachlan Croker is unproven in the NRL and never really set the reggies alight. We'll get home.

Choppy182

Juniors
Manly looked great against the Roosters. I think our spine will take time to develop so i'm expecting a narrow loss but hopefully a large crowd can set the tone for the rest of the season for home games.

Dave_

Juniors
....living in Mongland means that by time I finish work, I'll miss the game. So far behind the times up here yet somehow an hour ahead...