What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ata hingano released?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Did I read that right? You're saying that Hohaia was better than the Walters brothers?!?!?!

Steve is one of the greatest hookers to ever play the game, so I don't really understand how Hohaia would compare to him.

Kerrod and Kevin, yeah, I guess I can accept those comparisons given the similarities, but not that Hohaia was better - that's pretty funny tbh - and at the end of the day Kevin was a 5/8 and Kerrod a hooker, Lance was a utility - handy in lots of places but hardly at their standard
Yeah, each to their own. I personally think Hohaia would've killed it if he played in their time and with the players the Walters brothers had surrounding them. Hohaia had the Warriors. I know what positions the Walters played, to even bring up the three is a sign that Im very familiar with them. Not many people know that the Queensland coach wasnt too bad a player, let alone had 2 other brothers who were also good.

Yep Hohaia I reckon was better.

JJ

Immortal
Yeah, each to their own. I personally think Hohaia would've killed it if he played in their time and with the players the Walters brothers had surrounding them. Hohaia had the Warriors. I know what positions the Walters played, to even bring up the three is a sign that Im very familiar with them. Not many people know that the Queensland coach wasnt too bad a player, let alone had 2 other brothers who were also good.

You're a funny guy

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Hingano

"I'm looking forward to playing under a coach who has some success behind him"

Lol

Shame for Ata that Stuart's success is way behind him, but funny nonetheless.

If that was meant as a direct shot at Kearney though then glad he's gone. As fans we can trash Kearney all day but you can't have players within the squad having that attitude.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Fair enough, I am sure some also think Gene Ngamu was better than Terry Lamb, and Syd Eru better than Benny Elias
I wasnt a fan at all of Ngamu and Lamb. Lamb was impressive for a guy who looked like a truckie but neither were consistently catching my eye back then.

Because Im a Queensland fan I hated Elias guts back in the REAL State of Origin days. He was always in there with the cheap shots the merkin. When I think about those origins, everyone was better than Elias.

Skinner

Coach

This is a bit dated now but that is absolute bullshit mate

Meth

Staff member
Fair enough, I am sure some also think Gene Ngamu was better than Terry Lamb, and Syd Eru better than Benny Elias

I don't know why Syd Eru's not an immortal yet

BLN2

Juniors
Lol

Shame for Ata that Stuart's success is way behind him, but funny nonetheless.

If that was meant as a direct shot at Kearney though then glad he's gone. As fans we can trash Kearney all day but you can't have players within the squad having that attitude.

Imagine what the rest of the squad thinks? We've all had bad bosses/work mates, if one thinks they're rubbish then it's most likely many do..

It could have been a throw away comment, but not great.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Imagine what the rest of the squad thinks? We've all had bad bosses/work mates, if one thinks they're rubbish then it's most likely many do..

It could have been a throw away comment, but not great.

All the more reason to release him rather than force him to stay. Don't want a young kid coming through picking up on that sort of vibe.

spear tackle

Juniors
All the more reason to release him rather than force him to stay. Don't want a young kid coming through picking up on that sort of vibe.
I don't want to see him hang around if he feels he can do better elsewhere, no point in forcing someone to stay if they don't want to put the work in because there mind is elsewhere and see him slide into obscurity, better to spend that money on someone who really wants to put it on the line

Rich102

Staff member
Glad to hear him say he will be glad to return in the future. I guess when we have a new coach who gives him a chance.

spear tackle

Juniors
Glad to hear him say he will be glad to return in the future. I guess when we have a new coach who gives him a chance.

Oh well if that is indeed the case a couple of years away might be an advantage long term , give him a bit of time in a different environment with some fresh ideas and a different outlook

Blair

Coach
So hell be back in round 12 then

Whilst I feel the same about Kearney's prospects I'm still open to being pleasantly surprised on Saturday. I know you are too.

We can win. I'd seriously ignore the game otherwise. For starters, I'm playing a cricket GF...

Latest posts