What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Vic Mackey

Referee
Different circumstances IMO

Benji had been gone for 5 years and was a much more mature and humble bloke coming back.

The Robbie stuff wasn’t even 18 months ago. His manager is still using the media to try and tear the club apart.

Plus Benji was playing good footy last year for a side that was in the top 4. Farah is going to be playing reserve grade for a side that came 12th last year.

Too much water under the bridge, Robbie should be welcome back in an off field role if he wants it after he’s been retired for 3-4 years.

Das Hassler

Bench
And why wouldnt Seibold value having a former SOO/ premiership winner as backup for Cook ...isnt depth important over there as well??.....can you imagine how many ways "robbie returns with a point to prove to where he was treated so badly" and "the real story of why i left part 22" would be served up day in day out by every RL hack through to women's weekly ...yeah we could really use some more of that. it would just put a big red line through everything that's been said by the club since the start of the rebuild.

Clifferd

Coach
Yeah fair points, guess the respect side of things with Farah and Marshall are poles apart. Might have a coaching role with the club a few years down the track

BrotherJim05

Bench
Won’t surprise if Farah ends up in nations capital.He has a very good relationship with Ricky Stuart & Hodgson is out injured for a big chunk of the season.

That's a good point. I could see a one year deal on the cards to cover Hodgson. It would also mean they don't have to rush him back into firsts and risk 'e injury

Tigerm

First Grade
Just think we are here to win, if RF fits that requirement and he is available then sign him up, I am sure IC could handle it, as would RF, the past is just that.
I repeat what I said earlier, we need to start winning to attract the better players.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Just think we are here to win, if RF fits that requirement and he is available then sign him up, I am sure IC could handle it, as would RF, the past is just that.
I repeat what I said earlier, we need to start winning to attract the better players.

We made 3 semi final series with Farah at the club and I think it's fair to say that whilst he tried and played hard he didn't exactly carry us to success so why go back to an option that did not work?

In saying that, Benji has come back under the realisation that he is in a second fiddle role to Brooks and Reynolds and if he has to play reggies or off of the bench than so be it.

Also does anyone know why he is on the outter at Souths? Cook seen as a better option (and rightly so)?

Crazyperpman

Juniors
The way I see it is we need an 80 minute hooker. Farah is an 80 minute hooker.

If he was signed under the expectation that he will be handing over to Liddle in the very near future and came at the right price it would be ok.

I doubt very much Farah would try the "Me or Him" tactic with Cleary and as dumb as the board has been in the past there is no way they would support it.

The reason Souths have chosen Cook above Farah is he is younger and better. If they want to give us Cook for next to nothing for a year or two I would take him too.

Clifferd

Coach
Also does anyone know why he is on the outter at Souths? Cook seen as a better option (and rightly so)?

Pretty much answered your own question. Speaking to Souffs fans Cook is the future and has youth on his side

The reason I bought up the suggestion is he would quite easily be our best option at hooker (until Liddle can finally stay injury free) and can play 80 mins without carrying another dummy half. Even though he's getting on in age i've always thought Farah's kicking game is probably in the top 3 in the league in his position which is something we're extremely poor in atm.

magpie_man

Juniors
We are paper-thin in terms of depth in the dummy-half position and Liddle:
a. Hasn't proven that he's an 80-minute hooker yet, and
b. Will be out for several weeks for the start of the season.
Objectively, we'd be stupid not to at least consider Farah.

Das Hassler

Bench
The problem wouldnt be "him or me"...he's well past having any leverage there. ...it's the second guessing decisions by the coach to the other players ( as with Lewis at the panthers) which affects the moral and confidence of young guys who look up to him as a player. He may have figured that out by now but rumoured to be unwanted at souths as experienced depth certainly isnt a good indicator. I'm a big fan of his as a player but there's more to success as a team than individual talent

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
We have to look forward, okay Benji was lured back to the club, but I think that is more about marketing than football. Farah probably would do a job for us but we have to put all that behind us and move forward

simmo1

First Grade
Big no to Farah. Past it on the field and a destabilizing influence off the field. One of Taylor's good decisions was giving him the flick.

But isn't he coming 'home' anyway as an ambassador?
Just used good old google.

According to Channel Seven’s Josh Massoud, Farah will rejoin the Tigers in a corporate position after his career on the field ends. Farah will play the role of an ambassador in what is currently understood to be a four-year contract.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ro...n/news-story/10b4d93b925fbfca4e0d095fdbdbe413

SMH
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wh...st-game-for-wests-tigers-20151122-gl50ys.html

ABC
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-03/tigers-confirm-robbie-farah-will-not-be-back/7812234

Interesting times !

Latest posts