What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Important re Dragons v Broncos on Thursday

Bench
I would hope that the fans turn out for the game. But I doubt it will be a full house. Playing the game on that day and time never gets a Hugh crowd

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Playing the game on that day and time never gets a Hugh crowd
he's more of a souths fan anyway..

Hugh+Jackman+NRL+Preliminary+Final+2+Bulldogs+xrgWf1XJLLPl.jpg

possm

Coach
Let's hope that with a new owner, a new CEO and a new coach, the Dragons won't be pushed around like this next season. Forget this insane bios towards the top clubs and instead go back to a blind draw where decisions are not made in favour or against clubs in the competition.

ouryear

Juniors
Yes , it's a shame about the day the match is on , however I am sure that the Kogarah faithful will turn up and pay their tributes to the great man .
The club could have chosen a different game at a much better time to pay respects to changa.

Black arm bands could have been worn this Thursday's game, but the big day for all fans to pay respect could be a different day.

Something like small flags with Changa on them, or jerseys with Changa and number 1 could then be organised for sale to commemorate one of our greatest.

I don't have the draw in front of me, but a far better time could have been chosen i think.

Gareth67

First Grade
The club could have chosen a different game at a much better time to pay respects to changa.

Black arm bands could have been worn this Thursday's game, but the big day for all fans to pay respect could be a different day.

Something like small flags with Changa on them, or jerseys with Changa and number 1 could then be organised for sale to commemorate one of our greatest.

I don't have the draw in front of me, but a far better time could have been chosen i think.

Completely agree with you ouryear , unfortunately our current mob of decision makers are not known for their forward thinking . A Saturday or Sunday afternoon at Kogarah oval would had been ideal , along with your own suggestions of Changa flags .

Perhaps even some type of small donation which could had been part of the entry on that day only , going to the rest homes where Langlands and a couple of our other greats are seeing out their days - just a thought .

Coffs dragon

Bench
Completely agree with you ouryear , unfortunately our current mob of decision makers are not known for their forward thinking . A Saturday or Sunday afternoon at Kogarah oval would had been ideal , along with your own suggestions of Changa flags .

Perhaps even some type of small donation which could had been part of the entry on that day only , going to the rest homes where Langlands and a couple of our other greats are seeing out their days - just a thought .
Agree with you Gareth. Even the bloody Bulldogs get it right with a funeral service today at Belmore oval in honour of an ex player/coach in Folkes that is live online stream.
Our mob can't even promote a testimonial tribute to the passing of perhaps our greatest Saint in Chang. This should have been re-scheduled to a daytime event and awarded the highest honour of respect by club and fans.

ouryear

Juniors

Great ideas and great post Gareth

sco22

Juniors

I agree the game should have been played on a Saturday/Sunday 3pm kickoff when Chang played to have some Tradition for the Tribute

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
gates open 630 tribute at 645, so basically a handful of people will see it, they just don't get it...
The club should actually employ some Dragon fans who know about the History/Culture/Passion of the club, not someone who just cares about KPI's etc, wasted opportunities a club that has all that going for it, yet doesnt tap into it and when it does it balls it up, amateur hour..

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Agree this man should be honoured- Chang was the greatest of all the great dragons- he was a freak- would have been sensational in any era but with all the bombs today he would have been outstanding -most people focus on his prodigious step, but he had the best hands I've ever seen- can't remember seeing him drop a ball- I recall in England in a World Cup final, he raced through and flew through the air to catch a chip kick from someone (Fulton?) on the full in the ingoal. It was a try, but without the benefits of replays, the referee (Eric Clay??) disallowed the try as he didn't think it was humanly possible.

Old Timer

Coach
Agree this man should be honoured- Chang was the greatest of all the great dragons- he was a freak- would have been sensational in any era but with all the bombs today he would have been outstanding -most people focus on his prodigious step, but he had the best hands I've ever seen- can't remember seeing him drop a ball- I recall in England in a World Cup final, he raced through and flew through the air to catch a chip kick from someone (Fulton?) on the full in the ingoal. It was a try, but without the benefits of replays, the referee (Eric Clay??) disallowed the try as he didn't think it was humanly possible.
Dennis Ward