What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Roosters @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 1: Wests Tigers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
Fonua looked good with ball in hand, I think he had like 15 carries and the bulldogs could only get him to the ground twice. Very strong human, but his high ball is pretty concerning...dropping two easy catches

Maybe Fonua could work in the centres? because nofo really belongs in the team.

Fonua looks like the type of guy who is going to have a massive impact on the game. He was probably our best in reserves despite the mistakes. I think that might have been an off day because I've seen him score tries from kicks. MWZ doesn't offer enough bringing the ball back but neither does Thompson. Thompson though clearly deserves a spot.

Tiger05

First Grade
also thought I might add

Tuimoala Lolohea-16Runs 145Meters 3Offloads 4Tackle breaks 0Errors
James Tedesco---19Runs 114Meters 1Offload 5Tackle breaks 3Errors

Tui $400k
Ted $1m

The turd was pretty ordinary. I don't think Tui was good but he was better than the Turd.

Tigerm

First Grade
Just watched the replay, I cant see an argument to drop anyone ATM. I said earlier, the team needs to get to know each other, not sure chopping and changing will do that.

No doubt some players should be elevated, but that will come, depth is a great motivator to keep them all on their toes.

I thought Naiqama, McIlwrick & Brooks played strong, Packer was fantastic, as was Benji.

Tiger Ted

Bench
also thought I might add

Tuimoala Lolohea-16Runs 145Meters 3Offloads 4Tackle breaks 0Errors
James Tedesco---19Runs 114Meters 1Offload 5Tackle breaks 3Errors

Tui $400k
Ted $1m
Turdesco $1m + 500k under the table(brown paper bagsetc)

Benji $150k
Cronk $1m + 500k(brown paper bags)

Vozzy

Juniors
Also Matilino made some great tackles on the goal line one on one not like 3rd man Woods flop. He also made a covering tackle on our left wing in the second half when it was looking dangerous. Could even had been when Brooks went to the bin.

Tiger Ted

Bench
That is bloody hilarious.I just looked it up coz I’d never heard of Lord Farquaad & I can’t stop laughing.It beggars belief as to how this major league imbecile was selected as our club captain.No f**king wonder we imploded when inept decision makers like the inarticulate flea Taylor think it’s wise to hand the captaincy to an embarrassing mercenary like Sharon especially when u have Rowdy the exemplar of integrity in the team.

Tiger05

First Grade
That is bloody hilarious.I just looked it up coz I’d never heard of Lord Farquaad & I can’t stop laughing.It beggars belief as to how this major league imbecile was selected as our club captain.No f**king wonder we imploded when inept decision makers like the inarticulate flea Taylor think it’s wise to hand the captaincy to an embarrassing mercenary like Sharon especially when u have Rowdy the exemplar of integrity in the team.

Why was he picked as captain. I reckon Woods is one of those players that makes the players around him worse as well. Sometimes you need someone to make a big hit-up. The hit-up when you are getting smashed or you need to give the team some time. Woods does that hit-up as poorly as any front rower in the comp. His offloads are great and his work rate is great but he does a lot of soft work.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Why was he picked as captain. I reckon Woods is one of those players that makes the players around him worse as well. Sometimes you need someone to make a big hit-up. The hit-up when you are getting smashed or you need to give the team some time. Woods does that hit-up as poorly as any front rower in the comp. His offloads are great and his work rate is great but he does a lot of soft work.
I just can’t for the life of me understand y Rowdy was behind the hollow Neanderthal Shazza Woods in the pecking order for the captaincy while f**kwit Taylor was coach !!

Geez it was euphoruc seeing the somber braindead prick Taylor sitting to the left of Robinson in the box when LoLo kicked the winning goal from the corner.

Tiger05

First Grade
Let's not get to far in front of ourselves, remember last season and putting the bunnies to the sword inround 1.

I think we should wait until after round 6 and make a judgement. Hoping now for a 3-3 split, that would be great considering the draw.

This is why I think IC needs to make some changes. We look to have one attacking player in Masters. He was great but he needs some support.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Let's not get to far in front of ourselves, remember last season and putting the bunnies to the sword inround 1.

I think we should wait until after round 6 and make a judgement. Hoping now for a 3-3 split, that would be great considering the draw.
I’m sure most of us r wise enough as fans of a historically drama riddled club that’s under-delivered not to get carried away with 1 win.

However the win was achieved via resilience & rock solid defence & surprisingly high fitness levels traits not usually associated with this club.

We beat a star studded team who have recruited the best half back & fullback who were on the market & who have had a hideously dominant record over us for a no. of yrs & who r a premiership favourite.In contrast this time last yr we beat a sub standard Souths who had there supreme player rupture his acl esrly in the game.

Agree totally M4E that 3/3 would b sensational considering our horrendously unfair draw.

I watched the replay this morning and would like to add.
HOW GOOD IS IT TO SEE A FRONT ROWER RUNNING THE BALL BACK FROM A KICKOFF USING PACE, SIZE, CHEST WITH THE INTENT OF HURTING A DEFENDER. And to think we had Galloway and Woods for how long.

I think MWZ will be the 1st to go, he just doesn't IMO, offer that much as a 1st grade winger, couldn't make it at the Riff, couldn't make it in RU. He doesn't look like a 1st grade winger.

I thinks Brooks went well, I think IC has worked on the defense of he and Kev hoping that their attach will improve based on the confidence from improved defense, I hope that's what it is anyway.

Tiger05

First Grade
OTT - I think what most impressed me was having front rowers that do a good job at being front rowers. They all hit hard. They all fought to get a good play the ball. Packer and Matulino really stepped up and took some tough hit-ups and made some critical tackles.

There have been numerous times over the last however many years where soft cock Woods has done a soft hit-up and had a slow play the ball when we needed so much better.

I would put Fonua into the side straight away. MWZ doesn't offer enough. You could play MWZ in the centres though. Naiqama to me has to go next week.

Even if we didn't steal that at the death I would have been pleased with the effort.

Coming up against a team that has arguably the best 13, class all over the backline and the ability to put points on and holding them to one try and a penalty goal was an insane effort.

Just glad to see that Teddy is capable of bottling it at Easts too, I reckon they were in his head from kick off. I feared he was really going to turn it on off the back of Cronk and really make us rue the day. Watching him spill that pass with no one to beat was hilarious.

There is an acceptable way to lose games. The way we played yesterday I would have been happy win lose or draw. If that defensive effort is the standard we set for ourselves this season we will be thereabouts come finals time. The attack can and will get better as the season rolls on. Cleary made some big calls with his team selection, which I can respect him for even if I don't agree with them, and then got the W. Really liking him as a coach.

Latest posts