What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perisher or Thredbo??

Incorrect

Coach
Hi all.

Considering taking the family to the snow for a weekend later in the year. We've never been before so we're clueless when it comes to the whole planning and what not.

Can anyone offer advice on whether Thredbo or Perisher is better or much of a muchness? We're looking at staying on the snow preferably, not Jindabyne and then driving up to the ski fields. Anyone recommend any particular places they've stayed at before? My kids are 10 and 12, so they'll need some lessons too I guess.

Thanks comrades

Eion

First Grade
Perisher is more ‘on snow’ as the village is higher. But mate, for your kids first time it won’t matter.

For me. If it’s good conditions with lots of snow, thredbos great for a weekend.

Perisher is better if the conditions aren’t so good, or if you’re there longer than a couple of days as there is heaps more terrain. I go for Perisher as i go down for a week each year, more variety and it’s playing the odds better.

If you’re into the village experience Thredbo is a lot better as it’s more concentrated and not being snowbound you can walk around a lot easier.

You’d be fine with either option though.

Incorrect

Coach
Perisher is more ‘on snow’ as the village is higher. But mate, for your kids first time it won’t matter.

For me. If it’s good conditions with lots of snow, thredbos great for a weekend.

Perisher is better if the conditions aren’t so good, or if you’re there longer than a couple of days as there is heaps more terrain. I go for Perisher as i go down for a week each year, more variety and it’s playing the odds better.

If you’re into the village experience Thredbo is a lot better as it’s more concentrated and not being snowbound you can walk around a lot easier.

You’d be fine with either option though.
Thanks.

And to the other responders, I'm aware of the advantages the likes of Mt Hotham and NZ ski trips hold, but in my case, this year it's either Thredbo or Perisher as we're meeting another family there for the weekend, or at least that's the plan.

Cheers

Eion

First Grade
Thanks.

And to the other responders, I'm aware of the advantages the likes of Mt Hotham and NZ ski trips hold, but in my case, this year it's either Thredbo or Perisher as we're meeting another family there for the weekend, or at least that's the plan.

Cheers
I’d probably go for where you get the best deal mate.

___

Juniors
Hi all.

Considering taking the family to the snow for a weekend later in the year. We've never been before so we're clueless when it comes to the whole planning and what not.

Can anyone offer advice on whether Thredbo or Perisher is better or much of a muchness? We're looking at staying on the snow preferably, not Jindabyne and then driving up to the ski fields. Anyone recommend any particular places they've stayed at before? My kids are 10 and 12, so they'll need some lessons too I guess.

Thanks comrades
You see Thredbo and Perisher Blue are about 60km apart by road (1 hour in a car), so if it's viable, I would try and do both. That way you get to see a little of each and can decide for yourself.

If staying on snow,Thredbo. Perisher has little in the way of a village. Most people hang in their lodges, quite a few places don’t have parking which require a train ride and with kids the Friday Flat area at Thredbo is a winner.

Perisher shades Thredbo in many other areas like terrain, lifts and skiable area but for the sounds of what you need I’d give Thredbo a run and pray you get snow down to the village.

Latest posts