What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Intrust Super Cup

The Partisan

Find this section interesting. Bolded by me

"QRL Competitions Manager Dave Maiden said fans had a lot to look forward to next year.

“We have worked with the clubs to ensure that their requested priority match-ups and event days were delivered,” Maiden said.

“The structure of this draw will also provide more consistency for both clubs and fans, as they will know from the outset that there will be seven games played each weekend outside of the two nominated rounds with byes and the representative weekend.”

Maiden confirmed Channel 9’s Intrust Super Cup coverage would commence with the live broadcast of the Round 1 clash between the Sunshine Coast Falcons and Burleigh Bears.

Following a programming change, television games will now be played on Saturdays, starting in the 12noon time slot before moving to 1pm in April.

The Partisan

Whoops sorry all...... Totally missed the other thread detailing all this !

Can't work out how to delete post either !!!

The Partisan

Guessing they are working on the theory of the QRL ISC game feeding in to the Super Saturday games ..which was having a few 3pm kick offs last year ( 12nn change to 1pm being to work in with the Daylight Saving change ?)

Wonder how the clubs / players feel about the time change ? Some may actually be in favour.

From a club point of view - Less HEAD TO HEAD competition with Broncos for Bne based teams ( may be same for GC)

From a players point of view - Got more free time on the weekend !

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yep precisely - it's 1pm Saturday AEDT because it eliminates overlap with NRL clashes.

There are still 6 other games in regular slots each weekend.

Timmah

Staff member
Season draw updated this week with many more matches assigned a proper time. It looks like all the pre-DST ending games have all been pushed back to 1:10pm as well.
http://bit.ly/2018ISCDraw

burgess1978

Juniors
I think ill be paying my once in a decade visit to Bishop Park this weekend..
Have fun at bash-up park. The last time I went there Matt Geyer scored a couple of tries on us and we got a touch up :(

I'll be heading over to Dolphin Oval to watch the Dolphins and Maggies. Looking forward to seeing Corey Allan and Guy Hamilton both have their first run around in the black and white.

So the QLD Intrust Super Cup will be shown on 9 at Midday/1pm on Saturday's IN QLD and the NSW Intrust Super Premiership shown on 9 at the same time on Saturdays IN NSW as confirmed in this 9WWOS article 9 days ago....
https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/02/28/19/27/nine-announce-nrl-season-coverage-for-2018-season

Sucks to be me living in NSW and only wanting to watch the QLD Intrust Super Cup games! :rolleyes::(:mad:

Anyone know a way around this other than driving up to QLD every weekend? LOL :confused:

expansionist

Juniors
Have fun at bash-up park. The last time I went there Matt Geyer scored a couple of tries on us and we got a touch up :(

I'll be heading over to Dolphin Oval to watch the Dolphins and Maggies. Looking forward to seeing Corey Allan and Guy Hamilton both have their first run around in the black and white.

Yep I agree - I normally try to go to all Davies Park games and Guy Hamilton is one of my favourites.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
So the QLD Intrust Super Cup will be shown on 9 at Midday/1pm on Saturday's IN QLD and the NSW Intrust Super Premiership shown on 9 at the same time on Saturdays IN NSW as confirmed in this 9WWOS article 9 days ago....
https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/02/28/19/27/nine-announce-nrl-season-coverage-for-2018-season

Sucks to be me living in NSW and only wanting to watch the QLD Intrust Super Cup games! :rolleyes::(:mad:

Anyone know a way around this other than driving up to QLD every weekend? LOL :confused:

Quite a number of games are live streamed these days. Wynnum does at least all their away games and I I think Easts and Pride do their games as well. The QRL usually shows one each week.

Usually the information is in the Round Preview on the QRL site but I can't see such a thing for this week so I'm not sure where to check this year.

Timmah

Staff member
Easts Tigers (Tiger TV) and Wynnum (Calling All Sports BNE) normally stream their games - I know both did yesterday. I assume both clubs will wherever Ch 9 rights don't apply.

The only solution I can think of for wanting to stream Ch 9 QLD from NSW would be if you can find a VPN that can make it seem like you're in Queensland and watch via 9Now

burgess1978

Juniors
Yep - I watched both the Wynnum and Easts games on the live stream. The Wynnum/Pride guys did well considering the conditions and the late notice.

Timmah

Staff member
Surprised QRL haven't tried to enter an arrangement with Fox like NSWRL have, although I suppose there are less opportunities given most NSWRL FOX games are a result of same-day NRL matches at the venue

Latest posts