What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 V Rabbitohs

mxlegend99

Referee
That home game against souths where Dave Taylor absolutely killed us still haunts me... I need to learn to let that go...
Pffft. How about the one where Gordon tore them to shreds and set the new points scored record for us.

We have a similar quality team. Only a shitload better halves for this match.

Pomoz

Bench
Considering how I got shot down for agreeing with some of your posts (I like a well reasoned argument, sue me) it almost seems like people just don't like you because of some history and don't even consider the content of what's being said.

Not only that they made it look easy after 20 mins. Our speciality.
Listen Mr TinFoil hat, like has nothing to do with it. My memory is still fresh with the floggings they gave us. Never write off champions and GI and Sam are champions. Better than anything we have at this point.

Gus used to say this about Laurie Daley "don't poke the bear, Don't antagonise him". He reckoned when Daley got fired up he was almost unstoppable. GI and Sam are both like that. Applaud them onto the field, give them mementos for their visit and a little gift for their kids. By the time they realise they are in a game it will be too late, Waqa will have a hat trick.

Mx don't take yourself too seriously all the time. This is just banter, just don't wake the bears.........shhhh be very, very quiet. We are hunting wabbits.......

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Listen Mr TinFoil hat, like has nothing to do with it. My memory is still fresh with the floggings they gave us. Never write off champions and GI and Sam are champions. Better than anything we have at this point.

Gus used to say this about Laurie Daley "don't poke the bear, Don't antagonise him". He reckoned when Daley got fired up he was almost unstoppable. GI and Sam are both like that. Applaud them onto the field, give them mementos for their visit and a little gift for their kids. By the time they realise they are in a game it will be too late, Waqa will have a hat trick.

Mx don't take yourself too seriously all the time. This is just banter, just don't wake the bears.........shhhh be very, very quiet. We are hunting wabbits.......

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Fangs

Coach
Guys Rabbits are shithouse, make no mistake.

Thats not being over confident, just telling it like it is. We should expect to win and we should win well.

mxlegend99

Referee

Thats not being over confident, just telling it like it is. We should expect to win and we should win well.
100%

1. Alex Johnston
2. Richard Kennar
3. Greg Inglis
4. Dane Gagai
5. Robert Jennings
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Doueihi
8. Thomas Burgess
9. Damien Cook
10. Sam Burgess
11. John Sutton
12. Angus Crichton
13. Cameron Murray

14. Tyrell Fuimaono
15. George Burgess
16. Mark Nicholls
17. Junior Tatola
18. Robbie Farah
19. Jason Clark
20. Hymel Hunt
21. Vincent Leuluai

If we get our backs involved I think the Souths backline can be picked apart.

100%

1. Alex Johnston
2. Richard Kennar
3. Greg Inglis
4. Dane Gagai
5. Robert Jennings
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Doueihi
8. Thomas Burgess
9. Damien Cook
10. Sam Burgess
11. John Sutton
12. Angus Crichton
13. Cameron Murray

14. Tyrell Fuimaono
15. George Burgess
16. Mark Nicholls
17. Junior Tatola
18. Robbie Farah
19. Jason Clark
20. Hymel Hunt
21. Vincent Leuluai

If we get our backs involved I think the Souths backline can be picked apart.

Still can't believe that Farah can't crack the Top 17, even with Reynolds injured.

OldPanther

Coach

My hat is very stylish. I think MX gets it a bit rough here.

As for Souths, we should win this. They have a few great players but overall it's ours to lose.

mxlegend99

Referee
Other than in the halves, our main advantage over Souths is on the bench - our interchange forwards easily outweigh theirs in regards to impact.
And ofcourse our international wingers.

Souths biggest advantage should be the centres. But Inglis returning from an ACL injury is obviously in the same boat Whare was in last year. And Gagai is the opposite of most players. Hes actually poor in club games and goes to another level in rep games. Or atleast he did at Knights.

I think they're vulnerable outwide. Blake. DWZ. Yeo. CHN and ofcourse Kikau hitting their fringes with good size and pace should create alot of opportunities. As should whoever plays our other centre spot.

Obviously we need to show up to destroy them. But I think the upside to losing to them twice last year is we will not take them lightly. Likewise a poor start against Eels will be a focus point this week.

No guarantees in footy..but this is a great opportunity to put on some points and for Maloney to show what he can do.

franklin2323

Immortal
I am sure the same things was sad about Roosters over Tigers last week. Early season is hard to predict we should flog them but same was said last year too

Exsilium

First Grade
The main difference this season is that I honestly believe only two teams will fight it out for the spoon.

The rest will be a real shot at making the eight. Talents been spread out but to the point the teams legitimately improved and it will be a tight squeeze.

Manly and Souths are spoon favourites for mine.

The main difference this season is that I honestly believe only two teams will fight it out for the spoon.

The rest will be a real shot at making the eight. Talents been spread out but to the point the teams legitimately improved and it will be a tight squeeze.

Manly and Souths are spoon favourites for mine.
Dogs will give the spoon a shake. Tigpies too

ACTPanthers

Bench
Pffft. How about the one where Gordon tore them to shreds and set the new points scored record for us.

We have a similar quality team. Only a shitload better halves for this match.
Who are you and what have you done with MX!?! Aren't you supposed to be the negative one..? :p

TheFrog

Coach

A little respect for the opposition goes a long way. The Rabbitohs are a much, much better side than they showed last game. They have several players who would easily make our team. Inglis, Gagai, Chrichton, Burgess, etc. It's a tougher pack than Parra. If they come ready to play and continue to play well for the 80 we will have a very tough game. They will miss Reynolds though.

A little respect for the opposition goes a long way. The Rabbitohs are a much, much better side than they showed last game. They have several players who would easily make our team. Inglis, Gagai, Chrichton, Burgess, etc. It's a tougher pack than Parra. If they come ready to play and continue to play well for the 80 we will have a very tough game. They will miss Reynolds though.
Gagai is maybe the most overrated player in the sport. NEVER puts in at club level

mxlegend99

Referee
Who are you and what have you done with MX!?! Aren't you supposed to be the negative one..? :p
I rate our players. I just dont rate our coach.

But it just takes a bit of effort for a gun roster to slaughter a weak roster . Souths are weak at the moment.

I dont give us a hope in hell against Storm though.