What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW going forward

Clifferd

Coach
Committing a professional foul, giving away two points and leaving your team short with the scores level midway through the second half does not look all that good on the resume.

Why does this feel like the same argument between Tigers and panthers fans years ago about if Tedesco or Moylan should play 1 for NSW

TheFrog

Coach
Why does this feel like the same argument between Tigers and panthers fans years ago about if Tedesco or Moylan should play 1 for NSW
I'm not putting forward Cleary by any means, especially this year. I just don't think Moses is suddenly the man. Form is a bit too patchy, although that never did Teddy any harm it must be said.

If I were to put forward any Panther, it would be Campbell-Gillard. He's approaching the best front rower in the game.

Clifferd

Coach
I'm not putting forward Cleary by any means, especially this year. I just don't think Moses is suddenly the man. Form is a bit too patchy, although that never did Teddy any harm it must be said.

If I were to put forward any Panther, it would be Campbell-Gillard. He's approaching the best front rower in the game.

Halfback is probably the most hotly contested position for NSW this year imo

I really feel Fitler is different and will go for youth, so it does boil down to Moses/Cleary and who has the best form leading into origin I reckon

mxlegend99

Referee
Nathan Cleary has better composure for Origin. He made his NRL debut mid 2016 and has played some big games since then and never looked out of place. He's not as flashy. But he's reliable and tough.

Moses can look great and like an idiot within 2 minutes of each other in the same game. He would actually probably be a good halves partner to Cleary if it didnt mean 2rookies. Some NRL stats:

Cleary
42 games / 25 wins (59.6%)
14 tries (1 try every 3 games)
151 / 174 goals (86.78%)
4 finals matches for 2 wins (50%)

Moses
84 games / 34 wins (40.5%)
14 tries (1 try every 6 games)
110 / 151 goals (72.85%)
2 finals matches for 0 wins

Both have played at clubs who are historically basket cases. Although Panthers have been incredibly consistent since Cleary came in. Despite having partnered Jamie Soward, Bryce Cartwright, Te Maire-Martin, Matt Moylan, Tyrone May and now James Maloney in the halved. He has won games with all of them except Soward.

Nathan Cleary is the longterm 7. I think Moses could be the longterm 6. But they cant do it in the same year

I think 2018 Maloney and Cleary (club combination to ease Cleary in)
2019 Moses and Cleary.

But hey injuries can happen. Form can change and players can be disasters no matter how well you think they could be. Plus as a Panthers fan I am definitely biased toward Nathan.

Good player but miles behind Klemmer.

Clifferd

Coach
Nathan Cleary has better composure for Origin. He made his NRL debut mid 2016 and has played some big games since then and never looked out of place. He's not as flashy. But he's reliable and tough.

Moses can look great and like an idiot within 2 minutes of each other in the same game. He would actually probably be a good halves partner to Cleary if it didnt mean 2rookies. Some NRL stats:

Cleary
42 games / 25 wins (59.6%)
14 tries (1 try every 3 games)
151 / 174 goals (86.78%)
4 finals matches for 2 wins (50%)

Moses
84 games / 34 wins (40.5%)
14 tries (1 try every 6 games)
110 / 151 goals (72.85%)
2 finals matches for 0 wins

Both have played at clubs who are historically basket cases. Although Panthers have been incredibly consistent since Cleary came in. Despite having partnered Jamie Soward, Bryce Cartwright, Te Maire-Martin, Matt Moylan, Tyrone May and now James Maloney in the halved. He has won games with all of them except Soward.

Nathan Cleary is the longterm 7. I think Moses could be the longterm 6. But they cant do it in the same year

I think 2018 Maloney and Cleary (club combination to ease Cleary in)
2019 Moses and Cleary.

But hey injuries can happen. Form can change and players can be disasters no matter how well you think they could be. Plus as a Panthers fan I am definitely biased toward Nathan.

The thing that sets the two apart imo is that Moses’s best game blows Cleary out of the water. Difference is though, he’s not very consistent

For example he tore your mob a new asshole on the weekend then for whatever reason went into his shell, got sin binned and never recovered. I’ve also seen him win games on his own

Cleary is as cool as they come under pressure as evident on the weekend.

With that all being said I agree with what you said, blood Cleary this year then Moses the following. I don’t think they can both be done at the same time

super_coach

First Grade
Cleary is way in front of Moses. Every game you know what your going to get from Cleary, Moses on the other hand is a down hill skier, who goes missing when things get tuff.

Moses would be a champion at Rugby sevens, but SOO is the last place you would want him

Moylan has really regressed imo. Unless he can show something before origin, I wouldn’t even consider him and just roll with 4 forwards on the bench. Jack bird should be centre
Oh no this is a team for the future, maybe in a year or two, no way would I be running out with both Cleary and Moses this year at the same time.

The Friz

Juniors
Wouldn't be in my top 10.
Behind at least:
Taumololo
Bromwich
S Burgess
Vaughan
Scott
Frizzell
Trbojevic
Tapau