What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those who went to the doubleheader

Vee

First Grade
Where did you sit and how was the view?

A mate and I will be going over for Origin 2019 and don't mind the price within reason ($280 in Sydney and Melbourne), where would you recommend we sit, level, bay and row?

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Bay 144 near Half Way is where we sat, you're on the opposite side to where the players come out and opposite the cameras so all the pre game stuff will happen on the other side, like all ovals its a bit of a gap to the field but it was ok. The opposite side middle sections are all corporate and media, so you'll need to be on level 1 or 5 if you want along the sideline. The southern side where we were is similar, the middle levels are the premium seats that are sold as packages with food and drink included so if you are after standard seats level 1 or 5 is the go.

Optus Stadium Double Header.jpg

LineBall

Juniors
Bay 144 near Half Way is where we sat, you're on the opposite side to where the players come out and opposite the cameras so all the pre game stuff will happen on the other side, like all ovals its a bit of a gap to the field but it was ok. The opposite side middle sections are all corporate and media, so you'll need to be on level 1 or 5 if you want along the sideline. The southern side where we were is similar, the middle levels are the premium seats that are sold as packages with food and drink included so if you are after standard seats level 1 or 5 is the go.

View attachment 18278

Judging on that photo, sitting behind the posts may not be a bad option.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I got the to sit in bay 345 right on the half way line. bloody expensive though but got access to the sports lounge which made the beer line a bit better.

I though the view was better than expected from an oval ground but it wont be a good as Suncorp

Lambretta

First Grade
That view looks absolute f**king pish, but it still looks 300 times better than the view at the SCG
Mind you, photos never look as good as the view does with the naked eye

Perth Tiger

Bench
The view from the mid tier was much better, the elevation helps. No idea what the top tier is like though, it might be to far away.

Reactions: Vee

Perth Red

Post Whore
Was in near back 149 in the lower tier corner. Was happy with the view and was great when the action was down in that corner as felt close enough. Its oval so never great but the rake is good so even on lower tier you have decent elevation. Was also in the shade all game which was good. Id avoid the lower rows and the drop in seats but tother than that anywhere will be good if not spectacular,

Have to say the leg room is excellent for a tall guy, probably the best of any seating stadium I've been in for a long time and the lighting system is awesome!

Is origin on a night or during day? Hopefully on a night so we get full lighting effect!

AJB1102

First Grade
Is origin on a night or during day? Hopefully on a night so we get full lighting effect!

It'll be night, mate, Origin is always at night. Probably 6PM Perth time for 8PM kick off in the East, so about 6:25/8:25 since its on CH9 and official advertised KO times are just rough guidelines.

jargan83

Coach
I was at Perth Stadium for Saturday's double header, I was in Aisle/Block 121, second row from the back. The sight lines are great even though it's an oval. Top photo is from my seats, where as the second photo on this post is from my mate who was in a Corporate Box

Not my first trip to Perth Stadium either as I was there for the open day, the recent Aus vs Eng ODI and the Big Bash Semi Final, I'll post photos of each event as I've sat on both level 1 in 2 different locations and up on level 5.PerthStadium2.jpg PerthStadium3.jpg

jargan83

Coach
Level 5 for the ODI, from memory the aisle was 520/521 and I was was in the second row. Second Image was taken during the WBBL Semi Final, I was in the second row of 119, the seats I took the second image from are visible in the first photo in the bottom left corner.
PerthStadium5.jpg BBLSemiPerthStadium.jpg

jargan83

Coach
Apologies for the "spam" posting the thread, I took this photo during the open day before the ODI hence the shit house posts if you know what I mean....

But the view is on level 5 near one of the bars at the Burswood/Eastern end of the ground so this view will be from behind the try line, for anyone coming for Origin the sun will set at the opposite end of ground although it should down by time kick off comes.

PerthStadiumOpenDay.jpg

Last edited:
Corporate box view is the best. I am going to form a corporation with a dozen of my French mates and then buy a corporate box for the night of SoO..

Quidgybo

Bench
It'll be night, mate, Origin is always at night. Probably 6PM Perth time for 8PM kick off in the East, so about 6:25/8:25 since its on CH9 and official advertised KO times are just rough guidelines.
Games have been kicking off within one or two minutes of advertised time this year (tonight was right on time at Cronulla v Saints). The new TV deal gives the NRL back control of kickoff times but still in consultation with what TV request. Once NRL and TV agree a time, that’s when it’s kicking off and TV is expected to be ready or miss out. No idea how that impacts Origin.

Leigh.

Quidgybo

Bench
Cheers, am I right in thinking its a Saturday night that Perth has got?
Sunday night - Origin 2. Probably no later than 6.10pm WST if following usual Origin timetable from Wednesday nights or around 5.30pm WST if following Sunday night Grand Final schedule.

Leigh.

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench

View attachment 18278

it's an east-west configuration? does AFL use same configuration or do they spin it around to north-south?

Hoofhearted

Juniors
it's an east-west configuration? does AFL use same configuration or do they spin it around to north-south?
Yeah, same configuration. I know there was a scramble here for people getting Eagles memberships to avoid seats in the south east corner, every time they have an arvo game you would spend it staring at the sun. When you look at the Virtual 3D seating model on the west coast eagles website it actually shows the shadows for late afternoon.