What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett: James Roberts has been off drugs for 6 months

Vee

First Grade
Has Greenburg eyeballed him though ?
That is the only true test.
Funnily enough, that was one of Beattie's defences when he was running Qld and one of his ministers was accused of corruption, "I'll look them in the eye." Gordon Nuttall passed his eye test at the time but went to jail not long after for corruption.

Perth Red

Post Whore
All NRL players should be checked into rehab in the off season. Its the only way of guaranteed no scandals.

Canard

Immortal
d136caff5b49fb9d5617fce0111341b4

some11

Referee
I'm all for bashing people trying to get an drug problem under control.

Bash me if you'd like, I've had a problem with prescription drugs before. It almost cost me my life.

This Year?

Immortal
It's the fact that guys like Ben Barbra have gotten lengthy suspensions and Broncos players get off scott free that is the subject of the ridicule.

Only the glamour club players get off scot-free. I'm still waiting for a suspension for Jesse "the nose" Bromwich,

Barkley

Bench
All NRL players should be checked into rehab in the off season. Its the only way of guaranteed no scandals.
Yeah 16 teams in Thailand sounds like a great idea. What could they possibly get up to?

I’m sure there will be plenty of papers willing to sponsor the trip.

AJB1102

First Grade
I love a Broncos bash up as much as the next bloke but if NRL's off-season is marked by young men who've experienced addiction problems continuing treatment to better themselves rather than continuing down the same old path, I'm okay with that.

I'd much rather hear that James spent his off-season returning to rehab than be out on the drugs & piss causing trouble.

Seriously no pleasing some merkins. I think a lot would prefer to hear he went nuts after an ice bender then bag the Broncos for their part in it and then also the papers who reported it.

Grow up you f**ken gossip whores.

Canard

Immortal
I love a Broncos bash up as much as the next bloke but if NRL's off-season is marked by young men who've experienced addiction problems continuing treatment to better themselves rather than continuing down the same old path, I'm okay with that.

I'd much rather hear that James spent his off-season returning to rehab than be out on the drugs & piss causing trouble.

Seriously no pleasing some merkins. I think a lot would prefer to hear he went nuts after an ice bender then bag the Broncos for their part in it and then also the papers who reported it.

What it's like on that high horse of yours?

I'm glad your on record saying that your happy for Broncos players to not be subject to the same rules as the rest of the comp.

Spot On

Coach

You wouldn't hear about Broncos players being on drugs and the piss though. Top secret stuff that gets filed away very quickly even when there's footage of it.

AJB1102

First Grade
What it's like on that high horse of yours?

I'm glad your on record saying that your happy for Broncos players to not be subject to the same rules as the rest of the comp.

Yeah good try dickhead but I wasn't aware checking into rehab was against the rules. I certainly never said I was happy about anyone breaking any rules; are you sure you quoted the right post or are you just thick as a post?

Returning to rehab in the off season doesn't mean he returned to his vices beforehand. Alcoholics who haven't touched a drop in years still attend AA.

M2D2

Bench
Yeah good try dickhead but I wasn't aware checking into rehab was against the rules. I certainly never said I was happy about anyone breaking any rules; are you sure you quoted the right post or are you just thick as a post?

Returning to rehab in the off season doesn't mean he returned to his vices beforehand. Alcoholics who haven't touched a drop in years still attend AA.
AA is not Rehab.
You dont go to rehab, without falling off the wagon.

Canard

Immortal

So AJB has no issues with the Broncos getting special treatment, good to know.

Latest posts