What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The elephant in the salary cap room.

bluefox68

Staff member
Just imagine a backline with Barba, Holmes, Duges, Loots & Katoa. I could live with having Moylan and Hodko as halves, with that ‘back 5’...

coolumsharkie

Referee
I'm all for Benny coming back, we do have good cap space apparently, which could be spent on coke to lure him back.

Holmes ain't going nowhere though.

txta2

Bench
I thought this was about the Cowboys. Surprised not any mentions about there cap seeing as they have the 2 highest paid players in there positions and a forward pack full of reps

Frenzy.

Immortal
Oh yes. The cap manager diatribe you already went on.

Needed its on thread for your agenda.
How many threads have you started on this guy. More than i ever did for Pomeroy. Thats for sure.

Yeah!! Why can’t he just come out and rant and rave openly about what an ineffectual, incompetent, useless Quigs of a fullback Felix is?

Geez, I don’t know

M2D2

Bench
Yeah!! Why can’t he just come out and rant and rave openly about what an ineffectual, incompetent, useless Quigs of a fullback Felix is?

Geez, I don’t know
Because he doesnt just want him out as FB, he wants him out of the club using his wage as a reason for starting a mysterious thread and advocating why pay a mill for a winger when you can pay 200k.

I for one, dont want to see a return to a Ben Pomeroy level backline again.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Because he doesnt just want him out as FB, he wants him out of the club using his wage as a reason for starting a mysterious thread and advocating why pay a mill for a winger when you can pay 200k.

I for one, dont want to see a return to a Ben Pomeroy level backline again.
Nice to see 700k being rounded up to a mill to add some weight to an argument. Not sure whats more painful....Reefys' cryptic threads or Frenzys' childish nicknames.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Let's say we could get Radradra back from Union, he was best winger in game what would he be worth, I think $500k, so that values Holmes max $400k, and what is he on around $800k

M2D2

Bench
The whole "this position is only worth X" is how we got Dugan rather than addressing we have a world cup winning, highest try scoring winger on the payroll, just playing the wrong position because he thinks hes an FB when he clearly isnt. (And Semi would not come back for 500k. Considering he making WAY more in ra ra)
This isnt the 2011 salary cap. for f**ks sake were that far under the cap at the moment we might be pinged for it. Yet we have reefy making another cryptic thread just to throw more shit at the player he doesnt like like we are in a bad way and need to clear the decks.

Stake Removed

First Grade
The whole "this position is only worth X" is how we got Dugan rather than addressing we have a world cup winning, highest try scoring winger on the payroll, just playing the wrong position because he thinks hes an FB when he clearly isnt. (And Semi would not come back for 500k. Considering he making WAY more in ra ra)
This isnt the 2011 salary cap. for f**ks sake were that far under the cap at the moment we might be pinged for it. Yet we have reefy making another cryptic thread just to throw more shit at the player he doesnt like like we are in a bad way and need to clear the decks.

The point i am making is that Radradra is best winger in the game, and what is he worth for a team to pay for a winger, and that is what Holmes is and we are paying him way to much for winger, if some club reckons he can still play fullback and offer close to what he is on, i think we move him on

Latest posts