What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next 6 Games

CEO

Juniors
L, L, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ? ....

With our next six games against

Parra (away)
Storm (home)
Roosters (home)
Dragons (away)
Panthers (home)
Titans (away)

There is a possibility that our season could be over after eight weeks. I think only 3 or 4 teams have made finals (including sharks) after a 0-4 start.

Ads

First Grade
Brutal draw. Have to win next week or we will be cannon fodder for the next 3/4.

Feej

First Grade
Maybe Penrith, but even that's a longshot from what I've seen the past two weeks.

fizman

Bench
We will lose to Parra next week 20-18, be written off and deliver Melbourne's first loss.

After that, we will be right.

Always slow starters, and don't hit the straps until Round 4.

gregstar

Referee
calm down wrist-slitters.

you've played like downies & nearly won 2 games.

there is no reason why things can't click & you win the next 6.

you've got the team to do it, and it only takes one win even if it is a lucky one & you played like gomers again.

teams (ours) have had 1-7, 1-5 starts and made the finals. we've done that a few times since '99.
and we've also been april / may / june premiers for the last 3 years & ended the seasons as corpses.

better to be a chewy now than later.

YTSharks

Juniors

you've got the team to do it, and it only takes one win even if it is a lucky one & you played like gomers again.

teams (ours) have had 1-7, 1-5 starts and made the finals. we've done that a few times since '99.
and we've also been april / may / june premiers for the last 3 years & ended the seasons as corpses.

Problem is, we waited all last year for it to click and it never happened. We are in real strife if something doesn’t change.

carcharias

Immortal
Problem is, we waited all last year for it to click and it never happened. We are in real strife if something doesn’t change.

Well the first half we were actually pretty good
Way too many missed tackles though

If we can play well for an entire game we’ll win more than we lose.
We were all over those chants last night.
It was almost like we tanked
Dropped ball every time we got the ball in the 2 nd half.

fizman

Bench

It's good to get a balanced view from our other Sharks supporters :cool:

Card Shark

Immortal

Stop it....I know you’re laughing to your screen !

Frenzy.

Immortal
Seriously though, just to step out of persona, the issues have been mental.

The first half showed the actual potential of the side.

The second half lacked desire, committment, confidence, motivation and intelligence.

All contributed to the LOD and errors.

What is missing more than anything else is mental toughness.

It’s a long time since October 2016. Get ya fargen heads out of the clouds ya dipsticks

Stake Removed

First Grade

The second half lacked desire, committment, confidence, motivation and intelligence.

It’s a long time since October 2016. Get ya fargen heads out of the clouds ya dipsticks

In that 2nd half basically the whole team went missing i thought Duges & Moylan looked like were busting a gut and Bukuya would be our best player this year so far, but the leaders of our team normally were just not sighted

Card Shark

Immortal

Good post you old Quigs.

The difference between first & 2nd half was amazing!

I think what isn’t different is last year to this year. We are doing the exact same shit...glimpses of brilliance & shitloads of um....shit.

carcharias

Immortal
There is no way they’ll play that bad again.
They might not win but they won’t drop the ball, give away so many penalties and make so many errors....all in tackle 1

Card Shark

Immortal
We obviously had a good week preparing for the game (except “Felix”), I thought we looked as good as any team has looked.

Then inexplicably we were rotten in the 2nd half...as Frenz said, it’s mental toughness...they scored their try against the run of play & we fall apart with our cohesion & discipline.

In 2016, we held composure in any situation...but not since. Now we go to water.

carcharias

Immortal
We obviously had a good week preparing for the game (except “Felix”), I thought we looked as good as any team has looked.

Then inexplicably we were rotten in the 2nd half...as Frenz said, it’s mental toughness...they scored their try against the run of play & we fall apart with our cohesion & discipline.

In 2016, we held composure in any situation...but not since. Now we go to water.

Some of those wins in 2016 were utter flukes I reckon
One against the dogs I recall

Card Shark

Immortal
Yes we fluked some wins but we were always in the game & because we had match winners like Barba (& an in-form Humphrey / Felix), we got the job done....somehow!

Griffoshark66

First Grade
There is no way they’ll play that bad again.
They might not win but they won’t drop the ball, give away so many penalties and make so many errors....all in tackle 1
It concerns me that we had 26 rounds and a final last year, an off-season, plus two games this year and it's the same shit. There's something missing in preperation.