What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holmes @ Fullback Compared To Wing

sandshark

Bench
And with that performance, he's gonna feel even more pressure next week. Wing or bust.. There's no other way around it unless it involves Newtown.

wibble

Bench
He is the best winger in the club.
When hes not sulking and acting like he idolizes former shark Pomeroy.
Another performance like that i wont even waste my time defending him on here.

There is no doubt he can be a great winger. Even with selectors being as odd as they are, he would not be a Queensland and Australian winger if he couldn't play. And he is not Robinson Crusoe out there in regards to poor form, but gee he has put in two terrible performances.

Would not be shocked if he was dropped, as Flannagan may get desperate early on here with our craptacular form and tough draw.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
There is no doubt he can be a great winger. Even with selectors being as odd as they are, he would not be a Queensland and Australian winger if he couldn't play. And he is not Robinson Crusoe out there in regards to poor form, but gee he has put in two terrible performances.

Would not be shocked if he was dropped, as Flannagan may get desperate early on here with our craptacular form and tough draw.

Grey can f**k off also. He is the modern day Mitch Brown.

Inject some youth out wide Flanno. Bronson Xerri is ready to go

Stake Removed

First Grade
The wrap on Holmes being great over bloated we seeing it now, he aint no fullback.

When he has been great on the wing, had a quality centre inside of him, getting ball when it was required, and also in 2016, Barba was on fire setting up plays with Ennis & Maloney.

Tonight he is outside Gray, and Holmes did nothing yes got no quality ball, but he dosent going looking for it, basically he stands on the wing and thats what he does.

Each week goes by his value drops, we may be carrying can on him for the long term

M2D2

Bench
The wrap on Holmes being great over bloated we seeing it now, he aint no fullback.

When he has been great on the wing, had a quality centre inside of him, getting ball when it was required, and also in 2016, Barba was on fire setting up plays with Ennis & Maloney.

Tonight he is outside Gray, and Holmes did nothing yes got no quality ball, but he dosent going looking for it, basically he stands on the wing and thats what he does.

Each week goes by his value drops, we may be carrying can on him for the long term
You obviously missed the part he came in off the wing to throw an intercept.

Surely

Post Whore
Didn't see any ball down his side

Cracking tackle on Widdop though, who knocked on, ref let's play go on , stains score.

Frenzy.

Immortal

There is a lot of doubt. His best stuff has been done in very dominant football teams.

It’s all been served up on a platter to him. Qld SOO team, Australian World Cup team, 2016 Sharks. He has never done anything to create a chance himself other than the odd intercept.

He may become a great (as in prolific) try scoring winger but will never be great, as in GREAT winger.

He should learn his place. Stay on the wing, talk to the ballboys and Mermaids, ask them to tell him when the ball is coming then just try and score.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Where there is smoke there is fire.

Obviously the talk is Coote won’t be signed and Val will go there to play fullback. If that’s the case can we f**k him off now or before June 30 so we can either blood a junior or use the money elsewhere.

Tuilagi or Xerri are ready and waiting in the wings.

kal83

Juniors
Mick Ennis has joined the chorus, and maybe Flanno & co will listen to him (or maybe they already have)...

Now Coach Ennis needs to push for the Hodko/Chad swap...

Hodgo played well and is a good signing. Chad played well too actually and is kicking for goal well. But gee the forward pass to Fifita was frustrating. Chad is basically our version of Mitchell Pearce playing for N.S.W

kal83

Juniors
Seeing a lot of comments from fans on most of the club's social media platforms.. The majority are stating that Holmes is a Winger and should be moved back there..
Good to see that we tragic fans aren't the only ones with that thought.

12 tries on the wing for Australia outside of Dugan.. How hard is it for Flanno to realise Holmes is a Winger..

I believe the only reason Flanno moved holmes back to the wing is that Katoa got injured. Holmes is desperately out of form. Though he might be a great winger that's off that back of slick backlines like QLD or AUS. Dugan is safer at the back but he is slow as F*ck and we don't get any kick starts to our sets. My Opinion! is that it's worth persisting with Holmes or at least rotating the pair of them (Dugan) depending on what tiype of game it is or how we are going.

Why aren't we rotating players through multiple positions depending on the game anyway?

Our players can play anywhere so let them.

Holmes is fast and strong - Dugan is composed but Slow.

Frenzy they say opinions are like A*S*H*L*S "Everyone has one"

Not saying I'm right just saying.

On Moylan he is our 5/8 and already I think he is our most important player - most points will come from him.

Graham might be our next captain but Moylan is our next leader.

Hard win tonight but a good win - at least we put two halves together!

Card Shark

Immortal
I need to watch the victory song & see if he is involved & passionate or withdrawn & sulking.

He didn’t do much again..but we never get him good ball either.

Card Shark

Immortal
I believe the only reason Flanno moved holmes back to the wing is that Katoa got injured. Holmes is desperately out of form.

With all due respect to Katoa & I feel sorry for the kid, it was a blessing in disguise that he got hurt...made moving Holmes so much easier. It was a tough call that had to be made!

Likewise, it was also a blessing in disguise that Moylan got hurt, got Hodkinson into the team & showed us he does have lots to offer!

The football gods are smiling on us in a weird way!

Frenzy.

Immortal
I believe the only reason Flanno moved holmes back to the wing is that Katoa got injured. Holmes is desperately out of form. Though he might be a great winger that's off that back of slick backlines like QLD or AUS. Dugan is safer at the back but he is slow as F*ck and we don't get any kick starts to our sets. My Opinion! is that it's worth persisting with Holmes or at least rotating the pair of them (Dugan) depending on what tiype of game it is or how we are going.

Why aren't we rotating players through multiple positions depending on the game anyway?

Our players can play anywhere so let them.

Holmes is fast and strong - Dugan is composed but Slow.

Frenzy they say opinions are like A*S*H*L*S "Everyone has one"

Not saying I'm right just saying.

On Moylan he is our 5/8 and already I think he is our most important player - most points will come from him.

Graham might be our next captain but Moylan is our next leader.

Hard win tonight but a good win - at least we put two halves together!

My opinion is that Pissflap did to Tina what Anderson did to Preston.

I also think that signing Holmes to play fullback had an element of panic about it in the first place. There wasn’t any elite fullback on the market at the time.

Then first chance the Sharks get they sign an elite fullback. Second chance they get they sign another. The promise made to Valerie was always tenuous. Just like the promise made to Preston after Opes signed TTG.

Our backline, after recruitment, (including the ho was missed and who stayed unexpectedly) has looked like a 5000 piece puzzle with no picture of the assembled jigsaw.

IMNHO

Latest posts