What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I read on another forum that the roosters are keen on Doueihi. He knocked them back before to stay at Souths so hopefully his feelings about the club hasn’t changed.

callmack1

Staff member
I read on another forum that the roosters are keen on Doueihi. He knocked them back before to stay at Souths so hopefully his feelings about the club hasn’t changed.
We must lock him down if you ask me. However, I think at least one of him or Tracey will go and we won't be able to keep both.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well they can f**k off!!!

I really hope he stays with us and we can give him a bench spot in 2019!

He's more chance of paying first grade with us than the Rorters due to the fact AR is so injury prone!!!

I can't see him going there unless that merkin Freddy gets in his ear....

I'm sick to death of these Rorters!!!! A Dogs win would be great tomorrow night!!

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Marika Koroibete is off contract at the end of this year.

We should definitely be making a big play for him for 2019.

southsport

First Grade
Greg Inglis won’t be moved from centre anytime soon — but Souths need him to deliver more on the field, says coach
GREG Inglis switched from fullback after injury wiped out last season but the move is already presenting issues for South Sydney coach Anthony Seibold.

Staff writers
FOX SPORTSMARCH 17, 20189:32AM

Progress: 0%
Bunnies will target Cleary
666ee06054f9da34fe093ccb4fb99a39

4ea559ef9f7cc793cf11b97d4cabed87

In his place, Alex Johnston has taken over the No.1 jersey but — while proving himself to be an exceptional winger — the try-scoring freak is yet to set the world on fire at fullback.

The Rabbitohs opened the season with a disappointing 32-20 defeat to the Warriors, with Inglis mostly kept quiet.

But Seibold backed his Queensland and Australia star to make an impact in the centres, and said he was in no rush to hand the No.1 jersey back to Inglis — despite admitting that’s where he plays his best football.

“His best position is fullback, there’s no denying that. But he’s showed at Origin level and international level that he’s also a world-class centre,” Seibold said.

“We’re going to persist with Greg at left centre this week, at some stage over the next couple of weeks when physically we think Greg’s ready and mentally when he suggests that he’s ready then we will look to make a change there but we’ve got great confidence in Alex Johnston to do the job in the meantime.

“We’d like to see a little bit more ball in his hands, I think he only had six or seven carries (in round one) so one of the challenges I’ve given to Greg is we want him to get more involved.”

9aaf5cfbc835ad0e8c52e95ed78f312c

Greg Inglis is on the comeback trail from an ACL injury.Source:AAP

Former Balmain Tigers great Benny Elias believes the Inglis and the Rabbitohs will return to their best form against Penrith in their round two clash on Saturday.

But he agrees that Inglis needs to lift his game in order for the team to find their feet under Seibold.

“GI has to take charge. He is their captain, he is their leader,” Elias told Fox Sports News.

“They realise (after) last week’s defeat, they need to bounce back and bounce back very quickly. He needs to take charge. He’s the dominant player.”

Seibold said Inglis, who tore his ACL in round one against the Wests Tigers last year, was ahead of schedule in his comeback from the devastating injury.

“You have to understand that Greg only started back with the full group in mid-January so it’s been a limited amount of time that he’s actually been back in full training and then it’s only been a shorter period of time where he’s been in full contact,” he said.

“He’s made giant steps, if you would of asked me in January 3rd or 4th would Greg of played Charity Shield or round one I would have said no.

“He’s done a particularly good job over the last 6-8 weeks and the performance staff have done a good job just to get him back in the side, to get his confidence back and we will see more improvement from Greg as the weeks go on.”

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Surely we can do better. Not really a fan and is very much in the same league as Josh Reynolds. Agree he is a 'goer' but it only comes off one game in five. We need halves that take control, steer the forwards around and is reliable.
Not as a half.

If we're chasing a fullback (which apparently we were with RTS), he'd be a perfect fit.