What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winx2016 v Sunline 2000

Sphagnum

Coach
Shoot out on debut beat the thing i backed and i thought it was a handy win, i checked it's breeding and with a double cross of the mighty Northern dancer thought he might be one to follow.

i backed him in his next start in the QTC Sires (at 30's) and he romped it in.

Backed him plenty more times, had to be one of my more winningest horses.

Loaded up on him in the ajc derby. Stathi rode him a treat.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Shoot Out one of them horses people already forgotten even though he was a gun who won about 5 group 1 races

Poor bugger had to run into So You Think a few times, More Joyous, Rangi and others was a pretty competitive period.. He was a very underrated horse, never run a bad race except when they chucked him the MC for shits and giggles

Sphagnum

Coach
Poor bugger had to run into So You Think a few times, More Joyous, Rangi and others was a pretty competitive period.. He was a very underrated horse, never run a bad race except when they chucked him the MC for shits and giggles

He ran in the mackinnon on the saturday when it pissed down all day. So you think bolted in and shoot out struggled in the slop.

It was very wet again on the Tuesday when americain won. So you think is then only horse ive ever seen ridden like it was a good thing in a Melbourne cup.

Tough year for shoot out to attempt it

Sphagnum

Coach
I was there that year with a few of the boys. We had a punters club going and we were breaking even after the first few but everyone was hungover, wet and quickly losing interest. I told old mate who was putting the bets on to back lion tamer in the derby because it would run the trip and it had flippers. Got into it at $12.

We had all agreed the night beforw that our best for the day was Whitefriars in the second last. It won too and paid $14. Not only did the punters club back it bit we all had a side hundgie on it as well.

Paid for our flights, accommodation, admission to derby, cup and oaks day as well as all the food and piss we could eat and drink while we were there.

Was my first year going to the cup. Got to see so you think in the flesh and was pretty much trashed from the moment we landed at tullamarine on the friday until i woke up the following saturday

WaznTheGreat

Referee

Underrated horse,only Aussie horse to win that amount of group 1's in Europe(5) but we never hear his name alongside Winx,Black Caviar,Kingston Town etc etc etc

WaznTheGreat

Referee
He ran in the mackinnon on the saturday when it pissed down all day. So you think bolted in and shoot out struggled in the slop.

It was very wet again on the Tuesday when americain won. So you think is then only horse ive ever seen ridden like it was a good thing in a Melbourne cup.

Tough year for shoot out to attempt it

His last run in Australia too when he ran 3rd in the Cup

Iafeta

Referee
That was amazing again from Winx yesterday. I think it’s absolutely extraordinary how she has captured the imagination.

I was at Rosehill yesterday. But I couldn’t care less about the Slipper (even though I got a photo with it). I was there for Winx. Standing room only and absolute pandemonium as everyone scrambled to see her in action.

As she came around the corner a few lengths behind, I had no doubt Winx was still home and hosed.

I left the course thinking I had seen something that perhaps I won’t see the likes of again in my lifetime. Her impact to me is the stuff of myth, Phar Lap like.

Latest posts