What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Plays 5/8 when WIDDOP is out!

Gareth67

First Grade
I also thought that Nicholls would be given the opportunity as I believe that Mann would be playing in the run-on side in another position . Still our Rocket Scientist may have a plan ' B ' up his sleeve should we ever be so unfortunate to loose either Widdop or Hunt -
touch wood .

Drag Queen

Bench
I also thought that Nicholls would be given the opportunity as I believe that Mann would be playing in the run-on side in another position . Still our Rocket Scientist may have a plan ' B ' up his sleeve should we ever be so unfortunate to loose either Widdop or Hunt -
touch wood .
There's never a plan B with McGregor. Nicholls was solid as hell in ISP. He could definitely back up our halves if needed, I just hope I haven't put the mocker on our team.

Gareth67

First Grade
There's never a plan B with McGregor. Nicholls was solid as hell in ISP. He could definitely back up our halves if needed, I just hope I haven't put the mocker on our team.

Drag Queen , for pity sake stop being so negative ! Our Mary has only been with us for a few yearrrrrrrs , give the poor bloke time to adjust , that is from a plan 'A' to a ' Whatever Plan ' . His bound to come good one of these yearrrrrrs ?

Drag Queen

Bench
Drag Queen , for pity sake stop being so negative ! Our Mary has only been with us for a few yearrrrrrrs , give the poor bloke time to adjust , that is from a plan 'A' to a ' Whatever Plan ' . His bound to come good one of these yearrrrrrs ?
Sorry, I'll try and stay positive but I'd rather slash my ankles and die a slow death rather than have Maid Mary coaching this team:D

possm

Coach
With Hunt running the team, Mann would be great at five-eighth. However, I imagine Nichols would do a great job as well. I don't really know where Field fits in anymore because in my opinion, Lomax would do a better job a fullback given his size.

LINESPEED

Juniors
With Hunt running the team, Mann would be great at five-eighth. However, I imagine Nichols would do a great job as well. I don't really know where Field fits in anymore because in my opinion, Lomax would do a better job a fullback given his size.
Bunnies blooding a 19yr old yesterday shows the coaching balls we lack. They still should've won without their 2 best players. Imagine if we lost Hunt & Widdop - FMD. Who's the goal kicker for starters? Field''s a reliable regular & is on the books as a utility & Mann's capable of playing well anywhere

ALSGI

Bench
Bunnies blooding a 19yr old yesterday shows the coaching balls we lack. They still should've won without their 2 best players. Imagine if we lost Hunt & Widdop - FMD. Who's the goal kicker for starters? Field''s a reliable regular & is on the books as a utility & Mann's capable of playing well anywhere
Agree 100%.
But Mickeylane has prevented any injuries to Widdop by saying it was inevitable. Just waiting for Mickey to predict the same for Hunt and JDB, the whole squad actually.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Agree
You're probably right. I wouldn't blame him for leaving either. I think he could be a top grade FB. He won't get a chance with us though.

Bellamy may well panic after that loss & send a carrier pigeon to Kurt
Fu*knuckle will buy his ticket as he's a threat to the coterie & cosy status quo
I have nightmares about him scoring the winning try against us in next year's Grand Final
It'd be the ultimate FU to the pachyderm in the room

Datramp

Juniors

Lafai can kick goals.... obvious answer is Mann for Widdop and Nichols for hunt

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I think the more pressing question is does SGI have the salary cap space to buy a top class winger- Nighty is showing all the signs that he played a season too long

LINESPEED

Juniors
I think the more pressing question is does SGI have the salary cap space to buy a top class winger- Nighty is showing all the signs that he played a season too long

Yeah he's having too many WTF moments
It's a shame to watch

Re winger: Buy local & keep the faith

possm

Coach
Yeah he's having too many WTF moments
It's a shame to watch

Re winger: Buy local & keep the faith
We have young guns and Mann who could replace Nightingale and take only a short period of time to fit in. Our main future problem is in our forward pack. Going on the past two years, we look to repeat the problems with fatigue in the prop rotation and a suitable replacement for Thompson. These two issues will decide the success of season 2018. Thompson was sitting on a salary of approx. 450k and it was reported that we had about 450k left in our cap prior to Thompson leaving. This salary cap can be used to front load some contracts to make it easier to fund our squad in future seasons, or go to the market to buy a short term solution to our immediate problems.