What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
It was 40 f**king degrees!!! Do you have these ready made responses every time there’s a disappointing crowd? What do you say when there’s a good crowd?

I applaud it like everyone should, call it as it is. It was too hot, pleeeeease!
For a top tier sport anything under 15k, dangerous weather excepted, should be called sht.

Ps I’m not dissapointed by sht nrl crowds because I don’t have high expectations as the historic stats speak for themselves.

Emu01

Juniors
Too hot, too wet, not the right day, not the right time. Good to see the thread excuses are on form early lol.

Reality is either A) the nrl Isnt as popular as we think or B) nrl fans arent very committed to supporting their clubs.

Either way why people’s expectations are so unrealistic despite years of crowd stagnation, in fact deteriation , I dont really understand.

That manly crowd is sht which ever way you want to spin it.

Honestly PR unless you were in Sydney today you can’t comment mate. I went for a swim at 3:30 today and my car temperature said 41 degrees. The heat definitely stopped 4-5k from attending especially manly having a beach nearby.

Stallion

First Grade
Too hot, too wet, not the right day, not the right time. Good to see the thread excuses are on form early lol.

Reality is either A) the nrl Isnt as popular as we think or B) nrl fans arent very committed to supporting their clubs.

Either way why people’s expectations are so unrealistic despite years of crowd stagnation, in fact deteriation , I dont really understand.

Living in a warm country does make you soft.

PR have to agree it was a dissappointing crowd at Manly. It was 37.6 degrees at kick off. It was a major factor in keeping the crowd down. Mind you a bit of proactive marketing and an ice block with a cold drink deal included in entry would have enticed more fans! But this just doesn't happen. Unfortunately we get a substandard attendance.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
I applaud it like everyone should, call it as it is. It was too hot, pleeeeease!
For a top tier sport anything under 15k, dangerous weather excepted, should be called sht.

Ps I’m not dissapointed by sht nrl crowds because I don’t have high expectations as the historic stats speak for themselves.
Fair enough but that can depend on capacity.

Stallion

First Grade

Approaching 40 degrees is dangerous for the elderly and the young. Their goes the family crowd. So it was a real factor today. Had it been 25degrees a 15000 plus crowd for sure!

Zadar

Juniors
Approaching 40 degrees is dangerous for the elderly and the young. Their goes the family crowd. So it was a real factor today. Had it been 25degrees a 15000 plus crowd for sure!

Yet the NRL didn’t deem it hot enough to have a drinks break at the 20min mark of each half. Glad they have the players best interest in mind.

OldPanther

Coach
Living in a warm country does make you soft.

PR have to agree it was a dissappointing crowd at Manly. It was 37.6 degrees at kick off. It was a major factor in keeping the crowd down. Mind you a bit of proactive marketing and an ice block with a cold drink deal included in entry would have enticed more fans! But this just doesn't happen. Unfortunately we get a substandard attendance.

Penrith gave out free water for drinking and free flags for merch and got 21k and 15k in 30+ degrees.

gunpk

Juniors
I agree it was a shit crowd but manly usually do have shit crowds, they don’t seem to have much prospect of fan growth. Should have marketed themselves as a team for the whole north shore, rather than a few suburbs.

I think several years ago Manly had planned to send several players to go to the North Shore area shopping centres etc for sigining sessions and stuff but the Bears had a problem with it.
I remember Manly fans telling them they're not even in the NRL anymore so it doesn't matter

Stallion

First Grade
I think several years ago Manly had planned to send several players to go to the North Shore area shopping centres etc for sigining sessions and stuff but the Bears had a problem with it.
I remember Manly fans telling them they're not even in the NRL anymore so it doesn't matter

Yes. Part of the Sydney club rivalry factor not considered or acknowledged by some on this site! Understand that such people perhaps don't live in Sydney however they need to understand that such rivalries are very real and matter.

King hit

Coach

It was 40 bloody degrees there which is dangerously hot for some people and most of Brookvale doesn’t look like it’s in the shade. Targeting today’s crowd at Brookvale doesn’t have credibility.

King hit

Coach
Penrith gave out free water for drinking and free flags for merch and got 21k and 15k in 30+ degrees.

Something else that would’ve helped the crowd is that out at the mountains the rugby league game would’ve been the main attraction when out at Manly you’ve got the beach and everything which would’ve enticed people.