What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Raiders

Meth

Staff member
Assuming no Mannering yet, or Papalii

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)
2 DAVID FUSITU’A
3 PETA HIKU
4 SOLOMONE KATA (it'll happen guys)
5 KEN MAUMALO
6 BLAKE GREEN
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 JAMES GAVET
9 ISSAC LUKE
10 ADAM BLAIR
11 BUNTY AFOA
12 TOHU HARRIS
13 LIGI SAO

Interchange:
14 JAZZ TEVAGA
15 LEIVAHA PULU
16 SAM LISONE
17 AGNATIUS PAASI

Meth

Staff member
I didn’t think Kata was bad. That penalty on our goal line pissed me off no end though

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Pulu comes off the bench into the second row.

Paasi onto the bench

Cook gets replaced by Lawton/Cherrington.

Has to be Tevaga, we've shown that bully will get lionshare of the minutes no point wasting a spare hooker, get someone who can cover the forwards too. Lawton could work too I guess

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I'd go Lawton, covers a lot of bases - although Tevaga not a bad shout too.

Raiders' defence is as poor as anyone's in the comp (except Parra on this week's basis). If we can keep them out, and we've shown good signs, we should be able to find enough points.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Has to be Tevaga, we've shown that bully will get lionshare of the minutes no point wasting a spare hooker, get someone who can cover the forwards too. Lawton could work too I guess

TBH I completely forgot about Tevaga.

Lawton can cover the backs too though which is an added bonus, but I don't even know if he's top 30 so it might be irrelevant.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Let’s hope this nasty hot weather has pissed off by then. Canberra can get brutally hot and that doesn’t suit us. Bar that I reckon we can take this one.

TheDMC

Bench
Let’s hope this nasty hot weather has pissed off by then. Canberra can get brutally hot and that doesn’t suit us. Bar that I reckon we can take this one.

Tough game to pick. Canberra are looking shoddy defensively but they could run through us and score a bunch of points with their genuinely massive forwards, so might be a high scoring game. If we cut out the errors/penalties and our defence can step up a notch (in terms of meters conceded rather than goal-line which is at a good level) we should win, but that's a big ask.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I think our forwards are playing well enough to at least gain parity up front. We’re not goin*to dominate big sides though the middle yet but if they aim up in defense and run hard they can do enough for our spine and backs to get the points.

JJ

Immortal
Canberra have been incredibly patchy but they're dangerous and surely have to put a more complete gam together at some stage

They seem to have incurable problems at 7 and 9, especially 9 with the Pom out

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
They seem to have incurable problems at 7 and 9, especially 9 with the Pom out

The way Green and Johnson are playing we should be able to direct plenty of traffic at their channel (or in Johnson's case just take them on himself) and with the runners we have there's 30 points at least for the taking I reckon. Aim up in defence and keep them to 4 tries or less and we should take the points.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Whats the bet Mannering comes back and then we lose lol.

Well that might be for the Chooks in Sydney so will hardly be a disgrace if it happens.

Geez I know old habits die hard but can we hold off death riding the team for another week or so? I'm actually really enjoying having something to be positive about.