What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 ladder predictions

Shorty

Staff member
u think Tigers can make 8?
They look good.
They definitely aren't deserving of title favourites though that's a little much.

Next round should be telling, Broncos don't have predictable attack and won't be frustrated like the Storm.

Warriors aren't getting much love for their 2-0 start, I think they're in for a big year and their attack looks to be clicking well.

wibble

Bench
Results after 2 rounds are tough to judge.

The Sharks have been absolutely woeful, but would possibly be 2-0 rather than 0-2 even with the way they have played if they'd played Souths and Taylor free Titans. But the Warriors have looked good in their play, much better than the Sharks, and may have beaten the Cowboys and Dragons with the form they have showed.

Until teams play each other a bit more it is hard to tell. In theory, some teams have much tougher draws than others this year (as happens all years, and is a blight on the game) though how that works out in practice will not be seen until much longer in to the season also. For example, before the season started you'd probably be happy playing Warrior or Tigers twice this year, but that is not looking so easy right now.

Still, I'm happy enough (not with my team) that the NRL is looking like a contest again this year, with no teams looking outright better than most others.

I am, at this early stage, revising my prediction of Warriors last and Tigers second last! Maybe Titans and Bulldogs for those spots?

Even though they are each at 1 win, 1 loss, I still think Roosters, Cowboys and Storm are the teams to beat.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Tigers and Panthers will endure but I can see the Warriors and Merge dropping off the pace as usual at some stage
Im not sure where this rubbish about saints being such strong starters came from. It was the case in 2015 from memory and i think we were 5-1 last year but lost a heap of winnable games. For a long time Dragons were known as the opposite. When we made a prelim in 05/06 we struggled a fair bit in the earlier rounds.
And I'm still confident we'll go better than Brissy

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
There’s still plenty of questions over the sides who are loooking good so far.

Saints have started brilliantly but they ambushed an out of sorts Broncos and the Sharks are well off the pace so they haven’t really been tested.
The Warriors attack looks great and their defence has improved massively but Souths and the Titans minus Taylor haven’t provided quality opposition.
The Panthers have showed a ton of grit with the comebacks but they’re not going to get away with that playing away from their home ground in hot conditions that they’re accustomed to training in.
And the Tigers defence has been magnificent against top shelf competition but they haven’t shown much in attack.

But saying all that, fans of all four teams have every reason to be rapt with how the season has started for them. As a Warriors fan I know I sure am.

captainwarrior

Juniors
Didn’t post in here but this was my prediction before the season started. Definitely think I have Tigers, Knights and possibly Warriors too low and Eels too high, but then again only round two.
  1. Roosters
  2. Storm
  3. Sharks
  4. Cowboys
  5. Eels
  6. Panthers
  7. Dragons
  8. Broncos
  9. Bulldogs
  10. Warriors
  11. Sea Eagles
  12. Rabbitohs
  13. Raiders
  14. Knights
  15. Tigers
  16. Titans

Bit early to put warriors in top 4 isn't it?
They've beaten rabbits and titans.

u may be right but fk me they are hard to trust.

You are correct, but they have performed well enough to think that they will be beating a lot more teams very easily this year.

My top 16 rankings are:

1. Roosters
2. Storm
3. Cowboys
4. Warriors

5. Broncos
6. Sharks
7. Dragons
8. Knights OR Raiders

9. Knights OR Raiders
10. Tigers
11. Sea Eagles
12. Panthers

13. Eels
14. Rabbitohs
15. Bulldogs
16. Titans

Clifferd

Coach
Until the warriors play a top team I reserve judgement

Beating the rabbletohs and tits is not exactly convincing

footy75

Bench
You are correct, but they have performed well enough to think that they will be beating a lot more teams very easily this year.

My top 16 rankings are:

1. Roosters
2. Storm
3. Cowboys
4. Warriors

5. Broncos
6. Sharks
7. Dragons
8. Knights OR Raiders

9. Knights OR Raiders
10. Tigers
11.Sea Eagles