What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs Titans

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I wonder if Host enters the fray this week? Would be interesting to see what the team looks like if he starts firing. Add a couple of selection changes in the backs and we're looking good.

1. Dufty
2. Mann
3. Aitken
4. Lafai/Lomax
5. Macdonald
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Vaughan
9. McInnes
10. Graham
11. Frizell
12. Host
13. De Belin

14. Ah Mau
15. Sims
16. Leilua
17. Sele

MilanDragon

Juniors
If we are serious, we should win this by 20+

I’m pretty sure the Roosters and Storm are ‘serious’ but they didn’t win by 20 against the tigers - hell they didn’t even win!

I think at this early stage of the season it’s hard to call the result. But if we are serious I’d expect us to build on the last two weeks both in attack and defence.

kit66

Bench
We'll have the bigger support with the QLD Dragon Army. It will be effin hot up there and I expect a close battle.

If it was at Skill Stadium Robina you could expect a crowd almost half Dragons fans but it's up bloody Towoomba this year so who knows. The best crowds at Skill are for games vs Broncs or Dragons and they go and move it to woop woop. Skill park's about 10 minutes from my place dammit !

SackMaryNow

Juniors
18+ 20+ ????

This is exactly the type of game we will scrap out a narrow victory or get rolled. McGregor teams do not ever put in 80 minute performances. 18+ wins are few and far between.

I think we might win by 8.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
If it was at Skill Stadium Robina you could expect a crowd almost half Dragons fans but it's up bloody Towoomba this year so who knows. The best crowds at Skill are for games vs Broncs or Dragons and they go and move it to woop woop. Skill park's about 10 minutes from my place dammit !

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Last year we lost this match 20-10. Should win easily but Brennan,like every other coach, is smarter than mary so there goes the certainty.If Nighty's brain fades continue, anything can happen

Brutalitops

Juniors
Write the Titans off at anyone's own peril, especially those who expect an automatic 20+ win to be serious. There have only been 2 games this season with winning margins over 20 and one was a 54-0 thrashing and the other was our Broncos game

A win is required, but any bullshit about needing it to be a smashing or else we aren't serious is silly talk.

Far too early in the season to dismiss the Titans as a pushover team just yet, especially after their round 1 performance, and considering Ash Taylor and Jarrod Wallace may return, their round 2 performance just about becomes irrelevant.

Dragons by 6

Crush

Coach
Write the Titans off at anyone's own peril, especially those who expect an automatic 20+ win to be serious. There have only been 2 games this season with winning margins over 20 and one was a 54-0 thrashing and the other was our Broncos game

A win is required, but any bullshit about needing it to be a smashing or else we aren't serious is silly talk.

Far too early in the season to dismiss the Titans as a pushover team just yet, especially after their round 1 performance, and considering Ash Taylor and Jarrod Wallace may return, their round 2 performance just about becomes irrelevant.

Dragons by 6
Nobody is expecting an automatic 20+ win. One poster said Dragons should win by 20+ if they are serious.
Nobody in here thinks we will win by 20+ literally nobody including the bloke that said we should win by 20+. He's just baiting.
A win away would be a great result and we would be on top of the comp after 3 rounds, can't ask for much more than that.

slippery5

Juniors
I filthy..... finally a ‘local’ game and its now being played at Toowoomba, 2 hours away!

Just for that, hope we put 50 on.
I was dirty when I found out no Brisbane game, as I live on the Sunny Coast, so I looked up Titans hoping for a Friday or Saturday Game to find it 3 pm Sunday at Toowoomba, which should get me home around 8 Fkn pm. To which the wife said "No way" however, found a car for my daughter I was going to purchase on Saturday which just happens to be at Too Fkn Woomba so I'm deferring it to purchase SUNDAY so I can sing "O when the saints", for the 3hr trip home.

Old Timer

Coach
Funny the 10 day turnaround worries me more than the Titans.
I don't think Mc Fookknuckle has the requisite skill level to keep the focus and energy levels at the highest levels for the 3 extra days.
If we get there to early it becomes a holiday excursion, if we leave to late, too much idol time at home and of course the added fatigue of 3 days additional car travel to training for the Sydney boys LOL.
Not sure what the arrangements are but if it was me train in the Gong early part of the week, come to Kogarah for a couple of days and head to Toowoomba Friday morning on the direct flight then home Monday morning.

getsmarty

Immortal
rd-3_web-graphic.jpg

GAME DAY

Game Day Information: Round 3
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 19 Mar 2018, 04:11 PM

The St George Illawarra Dragons will play against the Gold Coast Titans at Toowoomba's Clive Berghofer Stadium on Sunday, March 25.

Gates open: 10:20am
NRL kick-off: 4:10pm (AEDT)

Broadcast by Channel Nine and Fox League

TICKETS

From Ticketek – www.ticketek.com.au

*One off handling fee of $5.70*

Adults

Junior

Gold

$50

NA

Steel

$40

NA

GA

$25

$15

Platinum

Allocation exhausted

Titanium

Allocation exhausted

RED V MEMBERSHIP

Member access

Dragons Faithful – Toowoomba members are the only Red V Members who have access to this game.

Sign up for the Dragons Faithful - Toowoomba membership today to receive your ticket straight to your email and receive access to the exclusive member event (more details below).

There are limited membership tickets remaining so get in quick to ensure you do not miss out.

Click here to purchase tickets

TOOWOOMBA MEMBER EVENT

Watch the captain's run training session then meet the players!

Saturday, March 24, 2018
Clive Berghofer Stadium, Toowoomba
2pm – 3:15pm

RSVP by March 20th by emailing redv@dragons.com.au with your name and member number.

MERCHANDISE

St George Illawarra Dragons will not be selling merchandise at this game.

TRANSPORT

There is no on site car parking at the Toowoomba Sports Ground but patrons to the venue can utilise the parking that is available on Arthur, Mary and Lindsay streets.

Bus

The closest bus stations to Clive Berghofer Stadium are:

• The Bus lines stop near Clive Berghofer Stadium: 903
  • Mary Street Near Arthur Street (Hail N Ride) is 147 meters away, two-minute walk
  • Campbell Street at Godfrey Street is 287 meters away, four-minute walk
  • Campbell Street near Mary Street (Hail N Ride) is 287 meters away, four-minute walk
  • Mary Street near Warren Street (Hail N Ride) is 333 meters away, five-minute walk
  • Margaret Street near Mary Street (Hail N Ride) is 450 meters away, six-minute walk

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/03/19/game-day-information-round-3/

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I don't foresee any changes to the 17 from the last 2 games.

However, McGregor has to be very selective this week if he is to make any changes. Both the ISP and JF play on Saturday so there will be no reserves to fall back on unless we make a sacrificial lamb of someone who would travel as the 18th man.
The only one that may be included would be Lomax if he played JF kn Sat afternoon then took a flight sat evening or early sun morning. I doubt anyone from ISP could back up given their late night finish.

I don't foresee any changes to the 17 from the last 2 games.

However, McGregor has to be very selective this week if he is to make any changes. Both the ISP and JF play on Saturday so there will be no reserves to fall back on unless we make a sacrificial lamb of someone who would travel as the 18th man.
The only one that may be included would be Lomax if he played JF kn Sat afternoon then took a flight sat evening or early sun morning. I doubt anyone from ISP could back up given their late night finish.

We don't need much back up considering there's usually two bench players he never uses.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Ditto, kit66
When the Dragons play at Robina, there are always more Dragons fans than Titans.
The trains are full of us Dragons with the big red V on!

BennyV

Referee
Nobody is expecting an automatic 20+ win. One poster said Dragons should win by 20+ if they are serious.
Nobody in here thinks we will win by 20+ literally nobody including the bloke that said we should win by 20+. He's just baiting.
A win away would be a great result and we would be on top of the comp after 3 rounds, can't ask for much more than that.
Correct, I expect to win 30+