What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAMERON SMITH REFEREES PET

qld redvee

Juniors
When is this crap going to stop .the 2nd half of the tigers game the PENALTYS 9 to 1 ,what a joke CAM SMITH takes a line drop out if he's not 2ft in front of the line well I'm drag queen .not to mention the forward passes and the way the referees follow his every word this must stop enough is enough
Oversea - did you see cronks penalty kick from half way on friday night - he took it at least 2 metres into canterburys half ref next to him

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Oversea - did you see cronks penalty kick from half way on friday night - he took it at least 2 metres into canterburys half ref next to him
Yes and in the old days Billy was always a yard in front of Cronk when they ran that kick attack and I repeat always in front by the time the ball left cronks foot Billy was off for the prize

possm

Coach
Yes and in the old days Billy was always a yard in front of Cronk when they ran that kick attack and I repeat always in front by the time the ball left cronks foot Billy was off for the prize

Both Smith and Slater are a year older and less likely to be the influence on the game they were last year. They are trying very hard to keep up but how long will it last. I'm tipping the Storm to make the eight but to drop out early in the final series.

Gareth67

First Grade
Both Smith and Slater are a year older and less likely to be the influence on the game they were last year. They are trying very hard to keep up but how long will it last. I'm tipping the Storm to make the eight but to drop out early in the final series.

Your a braver man than I . .Gunga Din !

Last edited:

ingles

Juniors
Has there been any commentary re the Smith -Munster "tackle" on Naiqama ?
I was watching the game at a venue with no sound , so could hear if there were any comments .... surely THAT tackle was a perfect example of putting a player into a dangerous position - even though technically Munster was allowed to use his legs to bring Naiqama down as he already had his hands on him , Smith had his other leg high in the air . The snapping motion of Munster's leg could easily have caused massive damage to the knee , not to mention the impact as he(Naiqama ) landed .

Crush

Coach
Smith is starting to look a bit long in the tooth and past his best. Still a great player obviously but he's looking a bit slow and tired.

Gareth67

First Grade
The man is in just about everything whether it be attack or defence . Of course that is the way that Bellamy has structured the team , almost exclusively around Smith , not forgetting Munster or Slater .

He has so much to do and I find it remarkable that he has not suffered any major injury in all the years with the Storm . Only then imo , will we see the Storm come down to rest of the field, as I cannot see how they could find a replacement with his organising skills , whether that be football or refereeing .

Bench
The older he gets there is a chance of a serious injury.
Hope that doesn't happen but it is harder to bounce back the older a player gets

_Johnsy

Referee
How the Tigers won is beyond me.
The penalty count was off the charts.

Think the count finished 18-8 ... what a farce. Gutsy win by Cleary's kids.
I can tell you one very, very important moment that went a looooong way towards the Tiges winning the game.

From memory there was less than 3 minutes left, Melbourne are ahead by 2 & get a dropout. Cam "can someone get me a hero burger" Smith goes for the glory play a short drop out. They don't get the ball & Tiges have a set of 6 starting from about 20 minutes out. Nek minnit Tiges go over & the rest is history.

3 minutes left & up by 2, do you go long & give the opposition 2-3 attacking plays in the 20m zone, or do you go short & give them 6?

What a dumb, dumb play.