What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foxtel tackle count

Parra

Referee
The ref is right when he makes the call.

He would be wrong if he yelled it after the next play the ball and three passes........

txta2

Bench
No they don't, it has developed from the way referees have counted the tackles. Instead of them saying "That is the 4th tackle" etc it has been shortened to "4th", take note of when the ref calls the tackle number, its at the completion of the tackle. They do not say and have never said "this is the 5th play" They are refering to a completed tackle so it is in the past.
Warren Smith says 5th play all the time...Ive always been wtf is he on about

_snafu_

Immortal
Yeah I think you'll find that it's not fox sports, it's you..

Channel 9 (and pretty much every other broadcaster) shows the number of completed tackles..

You may occasionally notice that fella with the whistle also indicating 5th tackle whilst the team is on their 6th play (hence he only has 5 fingers in the air instead of 6)..

Hopefully you still haven't hit 'send' on your angry email to fox sports about this issue..

I hope Angus Crichton never referees post playing. There will be one less tackle per set.

Canard

Immortal
A die hard Union fan wants to change 110 years history because it "confuses" him.

I bet he honestly thought he was on a winner with this brain wave.

T-Boon

Coach
The refs should be counting the play the balls not the tackles. So you get a set of 5 play the balls.

T-Boon

Coach
Sorry T Goon the shitpost limit has already been exceeded in this thread by the OP.

I think this is an excellent topic.
A sport should think about its terminology and make sure it makes sense. A sport that has stupid terminology or its definitions are wrong has no pride (e.g. "zooper"). The great sports/competitions are obsessed about their terminology and statistics.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
@Parra how should the Refs/Foxtel/Channel 9 handle the zero tackle after a knock on from the opposition?

Also, something else that had been puzzling me - a piece of toast always land buttered side down when dropped.. and a cat always lands on its feet..

So if I strap a piece of toast, buttered side up, to the back of a cat & then drop it - dies the toast or the cat's feet hit the ground first?

Latest posts