What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 Saturday 24th March @ ANZ Stadium v Manly Sea Eagles

JetRider

Juniors
I would like to see Leuluai in to replace Fui. I think his running game makes him a great potential and could cause some problems for opposing defence.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just checked the members email of Seibs insights and he hinted at the player coming in can cover several positions.

It has to be Turner!

Also I just wasn't all that impressed with Seibs passion! He seems quite flat! That's just my view anyway.

I feel like Madge always had a deep connection with us and you could tell his heart was truly invested and he was big on the members!! Seibs doesn't seem to be as big on that!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I would like to see Leuluai in to replace Fui. I think his running game makes him a great potential and could cause some problems for opposing defence.
I saw Leuluai' stats for the Bears and whilst he makes 30 odd tackles he only makes 3-4 hit ups.... sorry but that isn't enough!! So making 35 tackles you can tell he's getting good minutes so his hit up work rate is not first trade standard imo!

Gonna have to increase that!

Turner is an emergency option for centre too! Turner offers more at this stage.

big hit!

Bench
You’re right about Gagai’s best position being on the wing. However we paid him good money so we need him to get as much ball as possible and if we don’t have a good ball playing centre inside of him that might not happen.

i really don't think a centre gets as any more ball than a winger. one of his strengths as a winger for QLD is good yards with carries which puts the opposition defence on the back foot. sure, it requires quick play the balls and service in the ruck, but that should a given from teams at this level.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
i really don't think a centre gets as any more ball than a winger. one of his strengths as a winger for QLD is good yards with carries which puts the opposition defence on the back foot. sure, it requires quick play the balls and service in the ruck, but that should a given from teams at this level.

I think it’s more likely for a centre to get the ball than a winger but it does depend on the style of footy you play. So your opinion is to place him on the wing mostly for his ball running? I thought Jennings and Kennar were going quite well there. Jennings ran for the most metres in our side if I’m correct.

callmack1

Staff member
Surely it'll be Turner or Clark in.

I don't mind who it is out of Turner, Clark or Leuluai tbh.

Travitoh

First Grade
Leuluai would need more time at Nth Stydney i would've thought. He's only just returned from injury.

southsport

First Grade
1. Alex Johnston
2. Richard Kennar
3. Greg Inglis
4. Dane Gagai
5. Robert Jennings
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Doueihi
8. Thomas Burgess
9. Damien Cook
10. Sam Burgess
11. John Sutton
12. Angus Crichton
13. Cameron Murray

14. Hymel Hunt
15. Mark Nicholls
16. George Burgess
17. Junior Tatola
18. Robbie Farah
19. Jason Clark
20. Braidon Burns
21. Kyle Turner

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
1. Alex Johnston
2. Richard Kennar
3. Greg Inglis
4. Dane Gagai
5. Robert Jennings
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Doueihi
8. Thomas Burgess
9. Damien Cook
10. Sam Burgess
11. John Sutton
12. Angus Crichton
13. Cameron Murray

14. Hymel Hunt
15. Mark Nicholls
16. George Burgess
17. Junior Tatola
18. Robbie Farah
19. Jason Clark
20. Braidon Burns
21. Kyle Turner

I don’t mind this at all but we should actually use Hunt this time around. Give GI 60 minutes and then bring on Hunt and tell him to get his hands on the ball as much as possible in 20 minutes.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Line Up - Round 3 v Sea Eagles: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/03/20/line-up-round-3-v-sea-eagles/

Line Up Reaction Show - Sea Eagles: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/03/20/line-up-reaction-show---rd-3-v-sea-eagles/

Happy with the Line Up again this week and as STID said, I'm happy for Hunt to be there as long as we actually use him. Could actually be a really good impact/utility player.
Yeah I’m not convinced.
If Hunt didn’t play the 1st game off the bench but he’s being used now is it as a utility type role? If so we’ve done that before with Farah and we know how that’s worked out.
GI needs to be out there a full 80. He’s the capt.
If it’s to cover GI (HIA) then he could be in the 18 or 19. Wouldn’t that cover GI up to within an hour of kick off? If he isn’t ready to play by then he won’t be within a 60 min window.
I’m sure Clark/Turner/Lieluia would be capable. Or Talakai?