What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often and how much do you weigh?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
171cm, 79kg 31y.o. when I left for my holiday at the start of the month.

Round Christmas 2016 I was pushing 115. My Jabba the Hutt like appearance in my January 2017 wedding photos convinced me to go Keto. Mostly do cardio, know I should hit the gym but I can't stand it lol.

I was weighing myself daily last year. It is fun when you see results but I didn't shift from 80 for the last month which was frustrating as shit lol.

Looking to lose another 10-15kg and whatever I gain on holiday when reality returns (sigh) in July.

I am not a huge fan of the keto fanbase but there is no doubt that it works.

When I was a kid I used to cut carbs to get a better look for summer. This was before I even knew about Keto. How good is the first week when the water weight goes and you are pissing none stop.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
170cm vary between 82-83kg most days, 31yo

Naturally built so while my bmi is into the obese category, most people would tell me to eat something.

Can't do anything atm fitness or gym wise as i hurt my lower back a month ago and been largely sedentary since. If I attempt anything more than a walking pace, instant pain. Been to the physio a few times and its slowly coming good, just takes time and I'm mindful not to rush it - f**k your back properly and its a lifetime of hell - no thanks, I'll wait it out.

Very frustrating sitting on the sidelines tho. Will miss most all of pre season and first few rounds.

myrrh ken

First Grade
171cm, 79kg 31y.o. when I left for my holiday at the start of the month.

Round Christmas 2016 I was pushing 115. My Jabba the Hutt like appearance in my January 2017 wedding photos convinced me to go Keto. Mostly do cardio, know I should hit the gym but I can't stand it lol.

I was weighing myself daily last year. It is fun when you see results but I didn't shift from 80 for the last month which was frustrating as shit lol.

Looking to lose another 10-15kg and whatever I gain on holiday when reality returns (sigh) in July.

f**k me well done.

Im about your height 168cm, stocky build.

Currently 74kg which is too heavy for me. I reckon 68 would be my goal but im a fat sht with no self control.

Getting back into running which i hate and also discovered some body weight apps which is good as im time and money poor.

Danish

Referee
I ate like shit when my mum passed away 8 months ago or whenever it was and gained tons of weight.

Im 196cm tall and currently weigh 120 kilos. At 35 that is way too heavy so ive cut carbs and am recording calories. Now ive flushed a lot of water weight (as expected with low carb) so i would have been quite a bit heavier at the start of feb. Didnt weigh myself out of shame lol.

Got to watch the food as emotional support kiddies.

Sorry to hear that mate. I packed on about 15-20kg over a 12-18 month period when my mum died back in 2007. Didn't shift it all for 5 years.

Stress/comfort eating is the pits.

As for me, I'm sitting about 81-82kg at the moment (180cm/5'11). My heaviest was pushing 102kg, while my fittest/lightest was 73kg.

I'd like to get back down to about 75kg by July. Running the San Francisco marathon then and would like to give it a proper crack.

I weight myself probably 3-4 times per week just out of habit. Don't really pay attention much to the number right now. Have a smart scale that measures body fat etc which, while I'm sure not entirely accurate, is at least a few extra measurements that I can compare.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
How accurate are those BMI tables?
They are a one size fits all method, and while they are consistent across the board, they have faults in that people vary wildly in terms of natural build. Compare an islander to someone from Thailand. Very different builds mean a healthy weight for each is a very different thing, depending on activity levels.

Now, body fat % and waist circumference are considered better indicators from what I know.
Eat sensibly. Get a bit of excercise. Be active.
This is enough for the average person to be reasonably healthy.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Currently 182cm and 86.5kg when I weighed myself this morning. That's a bit over the odds though, I've just come back from a near on two week cruise where I ate and drank like am American.

Normally these days I sit around 84kg. I try and gym 2-5 times a week, just pretty basic strength weights/cardio. Did a lot of chin ups before I hurt my shoulder. Also play summer and winter cricket, a fifty over game on Saturdays plus a midweek T20 and training in summers and anywhere between 1 and 3 T20s in winter.

Heaviest I've ever been is about 105kg in around 2010...had a knee reco, had complications, had another knee reco. None of that helped my mental issues and I put on 20kg or more.

Nowadays it's just the anxiety/depression that f**ks me. Every so often it kicks in and I don't eat for a few weeks, I might drop to 78-80kg and then balloon a little bit when I get back to feeling ok. Usually I weigh myself once a week if I'm looking to lose (like I will be now!) or gain, once a fortnight otherwise

Barkley

Bench
I’m 6’4 and sit around 100kgs. I usually weigh myself every couple of days. Not really sure why I weigh myself so often because my weight is very consistent.

I’m in the gym 3-4 times a week doing heavy weights (heavy for me) and knee rehab.

I had ACL surgery last November after my knee got destroyed playing Gridiron. After the surgery they found a few heart problems that I have inherited that prompted some diet changes. I now follow a pescatarian diet.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I'm 6'0" and 81kg.

I was hovering around 100kg a couple of years ago thanks to an unhealthy diet and drinking too much alcohol so finally decided to bite the bullet and make a lifestyle change.

So I've been going to the gym generally 5 times a week ever since. I overhauled the diet too which is of course the biggest factor in weight loss - I generally stick to the outer isles at the super markets (fresh meats, veg, fruit, milk).

Not only am I physically fitter and stronger now at 31 than I ever was when I was younger - not that I'm very strong, I only bench like 80kg which I'm fine with and my squats are paltry thanks to knee surgery - but it's the mental health benefits that are so enormous, even though they can't be quantified.

When you eat better and exercise you sleep better and feel better in so many ways (self esteem, etc).

Pete Cash

Post Whore
benching your weight is pretty good. obviously this isnt linear because the heavier a person is the harder it is to meet certain ratios but a 1.2 times your bodyweight bench is normally considered an intermediate lift and thats what 97 kilos.

you are doing well

Tommy Smith

Referee
Thanks.

I was weight training for roughly a year before I started trimming down and I was probably capable of a 90kg 1RM (I never tested) so having lost about 18kg since then I've been trying to maintain as much strength as possible.

So whilst I'm not as strong, I can now lift more as a % of my body weight.

Also losing all that weight has allowed me to FINALLY start pumping out sets of pull ups which has always been a goal.

___

Juniors
Once every few days. 80kgs.

I weigh myself every morning and every night when I'm on a diet to monitor my progress carefully. They say you shouldn't weigh yourself that much when you're on a diet... I say bugger that, the more you weigh yourself the better you're keeping yourself in line.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
43, 181cm, 107kg. Maybe weight myself eery week or two. Had a shoulder reconstruction early last year which completely killed my fitness and consequently put on about 5 extra kg though I was already a bit of a porker, my fit weight is more around 90kg or a little under that.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Also losing all that weight has allowed me to FINALLY start pumping out sets of pull ups which has always been a goal.

This is undoubtedly part of my current problem with a few extra kgs of fat and general fitness...used to bang out 100 pull ups minimum every session (various hand positions, I'm not a fking athlete) but I've blown a shoulder so nothing like that, and no chest work either.

Smack

Coach
98kg (186cm- BMI 28). Down from 141kg in less than a year. Weigh myself every day and record all calorie intake. I'm more or less on maintenance now. Cycle 200km a week and average 12k steps a day. Like to get down to what I was in my 20s, which was under 80kg (age 62 now).

Hey man, well done, this is great work!

Smack

Coach
97kg @ 186cm.

I used to overeat quite a lot during my heavy dope smoking days. Ballooned up to 126kg at my worst, though that was about 15 years ago. I usually peak at around 115kg now.

I walk for just over 2 hours a day (first thing in the morning, then after dinner), completely cut out refined and processed carbohydrates (except for dark chocolate) and eat lots of protein and fat (in the form of nuts). No sugary drinks, no crapdonalds, no "low fat" food full of sugar.

I used to weigh myself every day but now I hardly bother at all. I found I would get discouraged if I wasn't losing weight or even putting little amounts back on. I find belt holes are a better indicator of where you're at it.

I'm happy to keep my exercise to walking until I reach my desired weight (85-90kg), otherwise I tend to go too hard and injure myself and it all comes to a screeching halt.

Another good job well done.

axl rose

Bench
179cm, weigh every few days. Spent a few years in Japan and went down to 68 kg just from the Japanese diet and walking 30 mins to work every day. Back to 78 kg now. Aussie Summer + Ice Cream and laziness from owing a car again :rolleyes:

Iafeta

Referee
I'm 6'0" and 81kg.

I was hovering around 100kg a couple of years ago thanks to an unhealthy diet and drinking too much alcohol so finally decided to bite the bullet and make a lifestyle change.

So I've been going to the gym generally 5 times a week ever since. I overhauled the diet too which is of course the biggest factor in weight loss - I generally stick to the outer isles at the super markets (fresh meats, veg, fruit, milk).

Not only am I physically fitter and stronger now at 31 than I ever was when I was younger - not that I'm very strong, I only bench like 80kg which I'm fine with and my squats are paltry thanks to knee surgery - but it's the mental health benefits that are so enormous, even though they can't be quantified.

When you eat better and exercise you sleep better and feel better in so many ways (self esteem, etc).

Awesome. I struggled with my knees with squats. Then I watched Sheamus from WWE training with Charlotte Flair. I struggled to get A to G. And I just noticed a very small trigger movement she makes pre dropping down where she moves her face massager back. I’ve been doing that now and can get A to G and it’s really been helping avoid knee pain.

Latest posts