What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
same

as many posts per page as possible

as for rating him look he did some good things here. he got the club moving in the right direction. history shows his teams peak and then fall to pieces so in hindsight he should have maybe brought someone in for 2017 to get us over the line but what coach wants to quit after coming second.

its the same old story here. gets a club looking promising and then rubbish from that point on

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If I'm Craig Garvey I'm asking my manager to shop me around.

Why sign a hooker if you won't use him when your first stringer is out for the season and you think your backup can only play 30 minutes a game?

the whole situation is farcical. he has moved sezer to hooker simply because sezer is the only half we have who can defend half decent.

so he is using sezer for huge stints at hooker where he is stinking it up.

This thread will be getting a work out again

He didnt use his bench well again. The hooker situation is worrying me and its week 2. Happy days

He had that problem at the Roosters. Case in point, 2003 Grand Final, he played Ned Catic something like 13 minutes. Had other games where players were picked on the bench and never got on the field. Also he was the most predictable as to when he would make an interchange. Does he still send on a front rower at the 20 minute mark?

My favourite was how he always say pre-season and early each season how he intended to rest some of his rep players following origin games, then he'd back it up by playing them for the full 80 minutes when those games rolled around.

Knightmare

Coach
same

as many posts per page as possible

as for rating him look he did some good things here. he got the club moving in the right direction. history shows his teams peak and then fall to pieces so in hindsight he should have maybe brought someone in for 2017 to get us over the line but what coach wants to quit after coming second.

its the same old story here. gets a club looking promising and then rubbish from that point on

Sounds like Jose Mourinho...

carcharias

Immortal
I think I said something like
“ you have been warned”
Or
“ this will end in tears”
Or
“ run for your life”
Or
“Whatever you do , don’t sign Ricky Stuart”

Pedge1971

First Grade
I think I said something like
“ you have been warned”
Or
“ this will end in tears”
Or
“ run for your life”
Or
“Whatever you do , don’t sign Ricky Stuart”

The Brian Smith of his generation. Can build a squad, but can never win and ultimately it ends in tears...

The Brian Smith of his generation. Can build a squad, but can never win and ultimately it ends in tears...

Unfortunately you can't call him the "Brian Smith" of his generation as Stuart coached the Roosters to an NRL Grand Final win in 2002. Only addition he made to that squad was Brett Mullins. All the other players were either the work/recruitment of Phil Gould, Graham Murray and Arthur Beetson (who was the Roosters recruitment officer over that whole period).

The Enforcer

Juniors
Pretty easy to see that the players aren't interested in putting in the effort for the overrated one and pretty easy to see that the overrated one doesn't have what it takes.
The overrated one is void of ideas, is lacking badly result wise and this should now earn him another contract extension.
Lol@theoverrattedone
Texers galore after this choke.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
5210896-3x2-940x627.jpg

^^ You already cum but she still suckin'