What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your side VS Sharks

Joely01

Bench
Out of the bench and reserves named for this week, I’m really hoping to see the following bench.
14. Scott
15. KE
16. Terepo
17. Kaysa

KE and Kaysa has the mongrel eliminate we have been lacking this season.
Scott will work hard in D, and be reliable.
And Terepo will charge for a good 30 min spell.

Give Matagi and Evans a week in Wenty to hopefully give them a wake up call and get the mongrel out in them.

Stevie

Bench
Out of the bench and reserves named for this week, I’m really hoping to see the following bench.
14. Scott
15. KE
16. Terepo
17. Kaysa

Give Matagi and Evans a week in Wenty to hopefully give them a wake up call and get the mongrel out in them.

That's a pretty decent bench but I have a feeling they might rest meaning Pritchard to start with Smith on the bench.

Joely01

Bench
That's a pretty decent bench but I have a feeling they might rest meaning Pritchard to start with Smith on the bench.

Would be happy with that change is King is out.
Pritchard starting with some aggression is probably needed

Stevie

Bench
Would be happy with that change is King is out.
Pritchard starting with some aggression is probably needed

Yeah that's what I am thinking. Have him out there with a mission to hit any merkin holding the football and speed up our line stupidly until he pukes. Then bring on Smith to try and steal some yards around the ruck.

Eels embarrassed but not desperate in NRL

Parramatta will be forced to swim against the tide of history unless they can open their account against the equally desperate Cronulla this weekend.

Both sides go into Saturday’s crunch NRL clash at ANZ Stadium winless and the loser will slump to 0-3 and find themselves in a massive hole.

According to Fox Sports Stats, over the last 20 years just nine sides have been in such a position and gone on to make the finals.

And only one of those sides – North Queensland in 2015 – recovered to win the premiership.

Skipper Tim Mannah said his side had to atone for last weekend’s 54-0 thrashing at the hands of Manly.

“Regardless of who we’re playing and how many we’ve won and lost, we just want to win,” Mannah said.

“And also put in a performance our fans can be proud of. We felt like we let them down on the weekend.

“We were all embarrassed.”

With minimal changes to their roster and fullback Clint Gutherson (knee) their only major injury concern, many had Brad Arthur’s side circled as finals contenders in 2018.

Centre Michael Jennings said while they had strips torn off them during their video review session, their swagger and drive to make it deep into the finals hadn’t been diminished.

“It’s two games,” Jennings said.

“It does hurt when you lose like that because that’s not our standard and that’s not the way we wanted to start.

“There’s no negatives. We can’t put our heads down now, it’s too early.”

The Eels are set to receive a boost this weekend with Kenny Edwards (ankle) and Beau Scott (illness) set to return and stiffen up their back-row.

https://www.sportsnews.com.au/nrl/eels-embarrassed-but-not-desperate-in-nrl/425262

Not desperate?! Where's the self-flagellation?! FFS!!

lingard

Coach
14. Scott
15. KE
16. Terepo
17. Kaysa

We probably do need a bench full of forwards, but it's a shame if we can't fit Will Smith in there somewhere.

Stevie

Bench
Also if Hayne plays 1. I am assuming Avaava will play centre unless Bevan is all of a sudden starting at centre?!!

So regardless of number if Hayne is at fullback it would look something like

1. Hayne
2. Hoffman
3. Jennings
4. Avau'a
5. French
6. Norman
7. Moses
8. Alvaro
9. King (although I think he is going to be replaced by Pritchard)
10. Mannah
11. Ma'u
12. Moeroa
13. Brown
14. Scott
15. Edwards
16. Matagi (to be replaced by Peni I think)
17. Evans

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
Also if Hayne plays 1. I am assuming Avaava will play centre unless Bevan is all of a sudden starting at centre?!!

So regardless of number if Hayne is at fullback it would look something like

1. Hayne
2. Hoffman
3. Jennings
4. Avau'a
5. French
6. Norman
7. Norman
8. Alvaro
9. King (although I think he is going to be replaced by Pritchard)
10. Mannah
11. Ma'u
12. Moeroa
13. Brown
14. Scott
15. Edwards
16. Matagi (to be replaced by Peni I think)
17. Evans

haha Norman is going to be busy.

Kornstar

Coach
I had given up on this season before it started because of all the hype around us, it has never ended well for us in the this century so far.

I predict it will be like other times and we will be inconsistent and just miss the 8. BA will be fired (cause that's what we do) and a new cycle will start again next year where we hire some random coach who will be the "best signing since Jack Gibson" and we will be back on the scrap heap for another 5 years.

I took that 54-0 loss amazingly well, no screaming, no tantrums nothing. That was when i knew that i truly knew that i didn't really care about this season cause i had already written it off. In the past i would still be angry but right now i don't even care.

I am off to Download Festival this weekend and i couldn't care less about missing the game.......usually i would be spewing but not this time.

I am much more focused on the NFL free agency and Draft cause at least my NFL team isn't losing yet.

I will be watching the game on my phone at the concert though until Korn come on at 8:30 but i am not expecting any miracles and expect another loss.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I guess we all have to vent in our own way. Thanks for sharing Korny.
I just carry on hoping for improvement this weekend knowing my hopes will rise once more and again I'll be tricked into a false sense of security never knowing when the next "this will never happen again" be rolled out.
Such is the life on an Eels supporter.
Hopefully the positive cycle starts again on Saturday night.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I had given up on this season before it started because of all the hype around us, it has never ended well for us in the this century so far.

I predict it will be like other times and we will be inconsistent and just miss the 8. BA will be fired (cause that's what we do) and a new cycle will start again next year where we hire some random coach who will be the "best signing since Jack Gibson" and we will be back on the scrap heap for another 5 years.

I took that 54-0 loss amazingly well, no screaming, no tantrums nothing. That was when i knew that i truly knew that i didn't really care about this season cause i had already written it off. In the past i would still be angry but right now i don't even care.

I am off to Download Festival this weekend and i couldn't care less about missing the game.......usually i would be spewing but not this time.

I am much more focused on the NFL free agency and Draft cause at least my NFL team isn't losing yet.

I will be watching the game on my phone at the concert though until Korn come on at 8:30 but i am not expecting any miracles and expect another loss.

Best thing about losing all the time is that there's no huge expectations. Everyone just expects you to not lose so badly. Look at the Dragons, where's that dynasty again? I for one am looking forward to not losing so badly again.

Joely01

Bench
We probably do need a bench full of forwards, but it's a shame if we can't fit Will Smith in there somewhere.

Yeah I think he has shown a bit.
I guess if King is out you start Kaysa and then have Smith off the bench.

With whispers of Hayne going to fullback I do like Avaua to centre and French wing.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Yeah I think he has shown a bit.
I guess if King is out you start Kaysa and then have Smith off the bench.

With whispers of Hayne going to fullback I do like Avaua to centre and French wing.
Yep I reckon that’s our best option. Hopefully Hayne kills it and can stay there allowing Guth to return in the centres.

Gazzamatta

Coach
So can we assume;
Hayne
French
Jennings
Somi
Hoffman
Norman
Moses
Alvaro
Prichard (Assume King concussion)
Mannah
Tepai
Mau
Brown

Smith
Scott
Edwards
Terepo (Or Gower but Id actually prefer both and give The Chairman a week off)

Evans and Matagi to revitalise the 2s.

emjaycee

Coach
So can we assume;
Hayne
French
Jennings
Somi
Hoffman
Norman
Moses
Alvaro
Prichard (Assume King concussion)
Mannah
Tepai
Mau
Brown

Smith
Scott
Edwards
Terepo (Or Gower but Id actually prefer both and give The Chairman a week off)

Evans and Matagi to revitalise the 2s.
Personally, I wouldn't be quick to assume Evans is heading to Wenty.