What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Membership Thread

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I don’t recall us playing double headers last year? Even if they did get that crowd on their own good luck to them. It’s their home game. Some years you benefit some you don’t. No different to dogs souffs on Good Friday. Why wouldn’t we count Anzac Day? Who should claim that crowd? It’s a ridiculous argument.

Honestly, all the "highest sydney attendence" brag does is prove you should playing less games in Sydney.

Move 6 games to CC and you could average 20k

Cockosh

Juniors
Honestly, all the "highest sydney attendence" brag does is prove you should playing less games in Sydney.

Move 6 games to CC and you could average 20k
Not really. We have played 12 games there for an average of 12600, less than our average at sfs.
Wasn’t bragging at all. Just used that fact to counter a statement that we are the last club that should throw stones. Bit of tongue in cheek really. We are no worse than many others in crowds and members, not significantly anyway. We are equally crap. Some years worse some better. All good I’m realistic about our weaknesses.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
I don’t think that this really happens but probably should.

Some Teams coming into the season have a large ground swell of support and promise and hence helps the clubs increase there membership numbers. Knights, storm, roosters etc. now other teams are the opposite. Nz, titans. The first couple rounds really give clubs a boost and depending on winning and losing can really get the fans/supporters going. With wins by nz and titans there should be a concerted push in there local communities and other locations for their memberships. Players need to buy into it as well and help in interviews at any chance they get. Naturally this happens a little anyway but I’m talking of a much larger commitment to marketing from the Nrl and esp the clubs. Nz have done well by the looks with a decent crowd expected. Hope most have also got memberships.

M2D2

Bench
Not really. We have played 12 games there for an average of 12600, less than our average at sfs.
Wasn’t bragging at all. Just used that fact to counter a statement that we are the last club that should throw stones. Bit of tongue in cheek really. We are no worse than many others in crowds and members, not significantly anyway. We are equally crap. Some years worse some better. All good I’m realistic about our weaknesses.
You ARE the last club to be throwing anything.

M2D2

Bench
Nope, check your facts again. Last 3 years there are at least 4 clubs with less members than us Including your sharks.
Oh but your Average is so hiiiigh.
The very last club to be throwing stones at a club over double you.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Mate, I used to think that as well, Actually it was in 2014 and I was at that game.
But ever since then, the Easter Monday game has been slowly declining in attendance, granted, it has been mainly due to the poor form of both teams.

50668 Parramatta v Wests Tigers Stadium Australia 21-Apr-2014
35510 Parramatta v Wests Tigers Stadium Australia 06-Apr-2015
36112 Wests Tigers v Parramatta Stadium Australia 28-Mar-2016
28249 Parramatta v Wests Tigers Stadium Australia 17-Apr-2017

https://afltables.com/rl/rl_index.html

But I have since changed my mind and now think that games must become "Must Attend" events, rather than, I'll turn up if I feel like it, otherwise, I'll just slouch on the lounge and watch it, which is the mentality of a lot of Aussie sports fans.
My reasoning behind this is that if you hold the Easter Monday game at WSS, for a few years, it'll be the case that only members will be able to get a ticket to the game. If people really want to go to that particular game, they will be encouraged to get a membership. This helps the clubs.
Once there is an overwhelming demand for memberships, THEN you "might" think about taking it to a bigger stadium, but even then, taking it to a stadium that is too large dilutes the reason why people were attracted to the smaller venue in the first place.

I'll give you an example. I'm no Tottenham or Arsenal fan in the Premier League. But this season, Spurs have been forced to play at Wembley because White Hart lane is being rebuilt. They've had enormous crowds there this season - much larger than the 38000 they could hold in their old ground, and much larger than the 63000 that they'll have in their newly rebuilt stadium.
Every time, they play Arsenal or Chelsea or Man U or Liverpool, after their new stadium is built, they could easily take the game to Wembley and sell it out. But English clubs have never done this.
Not only does it dilute their home advantage, but it creates demand for their smaller 60000 seat venue.
That's what we should be doing here.
Parramatta should be aiming at 25000 season ticket holders + (5000corporates)
The only way you can do this is to make fans desperate for a ticket so they don't miss out on the best games of the season. Not take bigger games to larger venues so the theatre goers can pretend to be part of a big event.
As I said before, I'd rather watch a game at WSS with 30000, than a game at ANZ with 35000. Even 50000.

Create the demand.

That makes a lot of sense

Lambretta

First Grade
I would imagine the Dragons membership will rocket if they keep playing like this

They're winning and they're good to watch while doing it

Lambretta

First Grade
Not really, as im not a souths member, i go for Cronulla, you know the team that had more fans at Gosford, than the home team.
And you only had a bit over 1k higher average.

If you were at that game, you'd know that statement was laughable
There were not more Sharks fans there than Roosters fans

You must have watched on TV as the camera was pointed towards the side where there were about 50 / 50 Sharks and Roosters fans. On the other side of the ground it was largely Roosters fans and neutrals who live up the Coast.

I was there

Lambretta

First Grade
You ARE the last club to be throwing anything.

Oh and you keep ignoring the point Cockosh was making (in jest btw) - that the Roosters had 16,000 members and 15,000 average attendance - therefore our supporters were the most loyal at turning up

Now breathe deeply - loyal supporters, the Roosters, get it?
You're supposed to be laughing........

Da-daaaaa

Valheru

Coach
If you were at that game, you'd know that statement was laughable
There were not more Sharks fans there than Roosters fans

You must have watched on TV as the camera was pointed towards the side where there were about 50 / 50 Sharks and Roosters fans. On the other side of the ground it was largely Roosters fans and neutrals who live up the Coast.

I was there

Every single crowd the roosters get is due to opposition fans regardless of venue, didn't you know that?

The roosters are such a draw that the fans of every other club just has to see their club play us. Attending their own home games or other away games is not a priority though.