What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
I bet BA prepared the team the same way throughout the heat of the summer and all last year and the year before that.

Why can’t it just be accepted that it was a bad day at the office combined with perfect storm of enthusiastic ambush, complacency and apathy?

FMD

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Hey Ram what players does this remind you of

images

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Gutsy player. Maybe if Moses ran the show he is type we need?

Moses does run the show, if you listen to interviews with BA, he basically says Moses plays the more "traditional" halfback role, freeing Norman up to play more of his natural role (ball runner)

Glenneel

Bench
Evans was one of the best big props available...why do people think you can just magically get the exact player you want?

Do you think Bellamy would have passed on them, let the squad stagnate and hoped someone better came along?
Well Bellamy did pass on Evans apparently as he is not playing for them.
If Evans was so good how come he wasn't selected for the finals? Even his coach last year didn't rate him.

Glenneel

Bench
And then, they'd turn into good choices. And when the Tigers implode, as I'm sure a team of mediocre talent can't sustain a start like they have had, Matulino and Packer will be the poor choices.
The point is, you are crucifying us based on two admittedly poor games, but not applying the same logic to the Tigers.

Oh and yes, if players play to their potential their team generally will go better.
I'm crucifying our team because they didn't put in. They folded last Sunday as soon as the whistle blew. A team doesn't score at a point a minute if a team puts in, even if a poor team. In both games as soon as pressure was applied we were useless. Have we somehow forgot how to tackle in 5 months?

Gazzamatta

Coach
I'm crucifying our team because they didn't put in. They folded last Sunday as soon as the whistle blew. A team doesn't score at a point a minute if a team puts in, even if a poor team. In both games as soon as pressure was applied we were useless. Have we somehow forgot how to tackle in 5 months?
No. We haven't forgotten Glenn. I dont think we ever really knew how. Our defence last season was average but we were tough. Our condition usually faded after halftime but mostly our toughness allowed us to hang in. Generally though when the opposition lifted we wilted badly.
Disappointing I know but we are not a good defensive team. Remember last year. How often did a penalty conceeded lead to a try?

Glenneel

Bench
If I were BA no matter how we go this year, even if we were to win the damn thing, won't happen, I would go hard to bring back Junior Paulo or sign Shannon Boyd. I believe they are both off contract at the end of this year.
Two good quality forwards to give our pack some credibility, finally.

I hope Beau Scott is off contract this year.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, if history is any guide, BA will offer him an upgraded 4 year contract. He did try to resign Fritchard after he did bugger all last season.