What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What CD Are You Listening to ?

Alchemy - Dire Straits Live. Released in 1984, it is a live album recorded over 2 days from live concerts at the Hammersmith Odeon in London.

When I hear this version of the Sultans of Swing it just blows me away, especially Mark Knopfler with his playon lead guitar. Instead of the slower pace of the original version, the live version goes for just shy of 11 minutes and is played at a much faster tempo. Knopfler's work on lead guitar is sublime, especially in the last 3-4 minutes of this track. It is even more impressive when you realise Mark Knopfler is one of the few famous guitarists who is a fingerstyle guitarist, which is even more noteable as he does not use a pick at all when playing.

(Edited to fix typos)

Last edited:

doyen

Bench
Alchemy - Dire Straits Live. Released in 1984, it is a live album recorded over 2 days from live concerts at the Hammersmith Odeon in London.

When I here this version of the Sultans of Swing it just blows me away, especially Mak Knopfler with his playing on lead guitar. Instead of the slower pace of the origian version, the live version goes for just shy of 11 minutes and is played at a much faster tempo. Knopfler's work on lead guitar is sublime, especially in the last 3-4 minutes of this track. It is even more impressivle when you realise Mark Knopfler is one of the few famous guitarists who is a fingerstyle guitarist, which is even more noteable as he does not use a pick at all when playing.

Thanks--great stuff--I'm going to try & get it from Youtube to mp3!!

FlameThrower

Bench
picked up Bruce Sprinsteens Born in the USA CD and ZZ Top Greatest Hits from Salvos for $1 each. Really ejoying listening to Sprinsteen again..ZZ Top, was a massuve surprise with mix of early Blues stuff and later 80's mega hits...

Latest posts