What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Shorty

Staff member
Not usually one to talk in this thread but I'll join the chorus.
Ridiculous scheduling.
Packed house at the MCG but who knows what'll turn up across the road.

Stallion

First Grade
So Perth miss out? The most promising area outside of the heartlands?

My mistake. CC Bears, Brisbane 2, West Coast Pirates and take a pick.out of the rest. The two certainties for instant cashflow would be the first two. The Pirates are on there way for sure but risk is minimised with Bears and Brisbane2. Readymade markets that will provide more local derbies. Win win.

Last edited:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Oh I just noticed Titans are at Clive berghopher .. capacity 7k

+ Dogs at anz at 6pm on Friday

Roosters home game ..

This Rd is f**ked

dogz08

First Grade
commonwealth games moffo..

actually they don't start till after easter

Last edited:

Hoofhearted

Juniors
And we are done, kids have gone to the other room to watch the AFL. In the words of my 12yo, “there’s nobody there Dad, this is boring.” That’s your next generation right there!!

Stallion

First Grade
And we are done, kids have gone to the other room to watch the AFL. In the words of my 12yo, “there’s nobody there Dad, this is boring.” That’s your next generation right there!!

Yes. Very apt point. Even if its a crap sport people will take note if it draws a great crowd. I noticed last year at a social night . Most of the people at this boutique venue were not sports fans but took note of the Parramatta v Cowboys semifinal as a decent crowd was there. If their was no crowd there would have been just myself watching it. A big crowd creates a popular feel.to a game and indifferent observers take note and get roped in. They are almost obliged to take some kind of interest even if its not genuine.

Last edited:

Robert B

Juniors
I believe that the NRL schedule was announced before the AFL schedule this year, so the NRL are innocent for this bad scheduling tonight.

Clifferd

Coach
I believe that the NRL schedule was announced before the AFL schedule this year, so the NRL are innocent for this bad scheduling tonight.

Yeah nah I don’t really buy that

AFL opener is always on a Thursday night, roughly around the same date every year. They probably would’ve had inside knowledge also

T-Boon

Coach
A big crowd creates a popular feel.to a game and indifferent observers take note and get roped in. They are almost obliged to take some kind of interest even if its not genuine.

It is like two cafes right next to one another, big crowd at one no crowd at the other...people go to the one with the crowd.

T-Boon

Coach
If I was the NRL I would do a survey of Melbourne sports fans. Ask them some well thought out Qs about what they like and don't like about the game of RL. There would be a bunch of obvious troll answers but you would find some consistent, intelligent answers.

Robert B

Juniors
Yeah nah I don’t really buy that

AFL opener is always on a Thursday night, roughly around the same date every year. They probably would’ve had inside knowledge also
I wonder if channel 9 requested the rematch tonight then? Otherwise it's very illogical.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Oh I just noticed Titans are at Clive berghopher .. capacity 7k

+ Dogs at anz at 6pm on Friday

Roosters home game ..

This Rd is f**ked
It’s a really stupid game to take away from the GC. Crowds are decent for this fixture.

Toowoomba would draw a similar crowd against anyone.

Stallion

First Grade
It’s a really stupid game to take away from the GC. Crowds are decent for this fixture.

Toowoomba would draw a similar crowd against anyone.

Yep. The Gold Coast is playing the Broncos in Brisbane during the Commonwealth games. In round 4 this is occuring! Thats good and on the Easter weekend. Wonder if a package deal or Commonwealth games ticket promotion is alligned for this game? Absolutely certain curious visitors will attend to see what the locals go to. It would also give rugby league greater publicity and perhaps, god forbid, some newly won over fans. Fortunately the code will not be "conveniently" hidden like the Commonwealth nines tournament. Clearly at times but not this time very insular thinking administrators running code . I'm relieved that the Gold Coast are playing the Broncos in Brisbane at this time. It’s a good move and should draw a good crowd and visitors will go to this game as Monday is a holiday.

Last edited:

Latest posts