What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Broncos @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 3: Wests Tigers v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

magpie4ever

First Grade
I would like to see a slow motion replay of that Brisbane winger & whether he went into touch before Lawrence was penalized.

Tiger05

First Grade
Geez - that was a rort. We had some good performers out there though. Packer, Matulino and Brooks were all huge.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I would like to see a slow motion replay of that Brisbane winger & whether he went into touch before Lawrence was penalized.
Yep I’ve no doubt the Broncis winger was in touch when he passed.

We were absolutely dudded.They get a dodgy penalty to level the score & then they get a diabolical penalty in golden point right in front of the sticks.Totally bloody criminal.When was the last time a penalty was actually given in extra time let alone one that the ref pulled out of his arse.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
In the fair dinkum department Bird's try should have been awarded.

Defense was great, but this team is crying out for a sharp dummy half and a couple of options in attack.

Brooks, Twal, Packer, Mautalino and the Huth were all pretty good. Lawrence either needs to time his runs better or run a different line because he doesn't have the hands for the short hard pass to get him thru the gaps he is running into.

The good news is that even though we played pretty ordinary in attack and at some stages the only thing missing was the Benny Hill music the Broncos still could not score a try and needed Golden Point and a dodgy penalty to win.

Imagine when this team gets it together, its going to be fun to watch.

Ron's_Mate

Bench

Defense was great, but this team is crying out for a sharp dummy half and a couple of options in attack.

Brooks, Twal, Packer, Mautalino and the Huth were all pretty good. Lawrence either needs to time his runs better or run a different line because he doesn't have the hands for the short hard pass to get him thru the gaps he is running into.

The good news is that even though we played pretty ordinary in attack and at some stages the only thing missing was the Benny Hill music the Broncos still could not score a try and needed Golden Point and a dodgy penalty to win.

Yep, agree with all of that, incl the Bird try. Dummy half is a problem, not just sharpness but also both MM and Godinet always seem to throw slow, looping passes. Yeah, Benny Hill music esp the bit late in the first half where both Benji and Brooks managed spazz level drops one after the other.

super_coach

First Grade
We paid the price Of having no goal kicker. 90% of kickers would have converted MCKs try. When you have zero attack and no goal kicker your going to come up empty more often than not..even if you have a defence that is out of this world.

Tiger Ted

Bench

Dummy half is a glaring problem & after 3 solid performances by the team it’s our Achilles heel.Hopefully Liddle can rectify the problem.

gordsy

Juniors
I reckon as far as football goes, you wouldn't know shit from clay.

Matty M tackled his arse off for the time he was on, and provided reasonable service from dummy half.
Wouldn't be the first time someone has said that haha.
I think Godinet gives better service out of dummy half when he focuses on taking a quick dart and passing it in front of the big boys where as Matty M just bends his back and passes but is better in defence.

That said we need to look at signing someone far better as both aren't good enough to be starting hookers.

Clifferd

Coach
The game should have ended in a draw imo.

No way was that a penalty to Brisbane in golden point. f**king dirty putrid merkin of a referee

I've seen a still shot of the sideline play, was inconclusive. IN the moment I thought he got the ball away, I can live with that call.

The GP penalty was ridiculous,

Vozzy

Juniors
You bust your arse defending for 88min not letting them score 1 try for them to award a penalty for something that didn't get picked up for the first 88min is bullshit way to lose a game. It was more that they wanted a result then a draw. Thing is cos he missed it would of been a 7 tackle set.

Just make it a draw at full-time or golden try only that way we get to see some proper footy in GP. Feels worse losing like this then losing by 20+.

Our attack still wasn't great but doesn't mean you deserve to lose that way.

View attachment 18558

Same scenario. 1st pic was a penalty. Second one wasn’t

I would like to see Greenberg explain this photo!

Yep,absolute BS decision and the NRL wonders why no one respects the referees,IMO refs believe certain sides should win,and if things are not going to plan then BS penalties are plucked from their ar#e to favour the stronger club in fear of copping a spray from the coach about their performance.
Credit to Darius Boyd he even mentioned that the Broncos were off side and could of been penalised anytime during golden point.