What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Golden Point

Walt Flanigan

Referee
It’s f**king trash
Always has been, if you can’t be seperate after 80 minutes there is absolutely nothing wrong with a point each and head home
In fact I love when draws happens, breaks the table up a bit.

GP is always the worst quality football you’ll see all year. It’s manufactured excitement only. A draw was good enough for how many years before we decided we needed 10 minutes of terrible football to achieve a result
Not to mention we couldn’t win a Golden Point game to save ourselves

Card Shark

Immortal
Remove the ‘first point wins’ rule and just play as per normal for another 10 minutes.

As the TV stations have paid for it, it ain’t going anywhere, so this is the only solution.

Players will complain about too much workload, so offer to pay the TV stations less & give the players a 5% pay cut.

chunk

Juniors
All this photo proves is that people have no idea when the markers are allowed to move.

Without seeing a pic just as the ball is played you can not tell if the broncos player was square or not.

I think the main point of these two photos is to show the Broncos markers are clearly not standing square, even less so than Rochow. Penalty Tigers.

davi

Juniors
Tigers need a decent goal kicker, the kick that was missed by Esan Marsters on the try conversion should of been made, it ended up becoming crucial in the end.

I will say though the commentators have been inconsistent on the criticism of refereeing in Golden Point. I remember Souths were way offside in a game and charged down a field goal years ago and the refs were slammed for not calling a penalty. They then said last night "Let the players decide the games", sometimes you can't win.

Card Shark

Immortal
I will say though the commentators have been inconsistent on the criticism of refereeing in Golden Point. I remember Souths were way offside in a game and charged down a field goal years ago and the refs were slammed for not calling a penalty. They then said last night "Let the players decide the games", sometimes you can't win.

Exactly!

Gus is part of the problem!

Chook Norris

First Grade
Broadcasters want golden point so the Nrl probably won't budge.

At the very least, what the NRL should do is award 1 point to the losing team having gone to golden point. That's the only fair way to do it if golden point remains. Also adds a bit of balance against the whole 'that was a bs decision in golden point which robbed my team'

Latest posts